PDA

View Full Version : Sick Little Wiggles...

HandsomeRyan
November 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I had to pick Wiggles up early from daycare yesterday with a mild fever. We came home, took a nap, and toward the evening he seemed to rally. He got me up about midnight and he was burning up. 103 fever.

We called the doctor and he said to give him some baby Tylenol and see if that would bring the fever down and to go to the hospital if it got worse. Fortunately it did go down and we already had a pre-scheduled "9 month" appointment first thing this morning. Fever was only 99.6 at the doctors office and they said, other than the infection, that he looks good. There is something viral going around and daycare is a great place to pick that stuff up.

They went ahead and did his checkup too.
94th% for height, 96th% for weight, and a painfully average 50th% for head circumference. They said that while he is a big boy, his growth lines on the chart look good and are tracking correctly even though he is near the top.

I hope he feels better soon because he is pitiful while he is sick.

Eriepatch
November 20th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Bless his heart....hope he feels better soon. Can't imagine him without his wonderful smile.

Cathy F
November 20th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Big hugs for that little guy! Hope he's feeling himself soon.

GrammaBabs
November 20th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Hey Dad... our son ran a 103,,, many years back when he was teething... it was just a quick spike like Wiggles... good for you keeping an eye out.. sounds like your Doc has it all under control..so hard when they can't tell you what's up... hugs, GB

MayinJerset
November 20th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Oh poor baby but he seems to be rallying, hope Dad and Wiggles sleep well tonight. Big healthy boy and good check up.

Amy R
November 20th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Get well soon cute little Wiggles! :icon_hug:

Carrie J
November 20th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Teething, just a yucky time for babes and parents both. Get well soon Wiggles!

toggpine
November 20th, 2014, 02:33 PM
I sure hope he feels better soon. No fun when the little ones are not feeling well.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 20th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Hope everyone feels better soon!

songbird857
November 20th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Feel better soon Wiggles :)

Wwena
November 20th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I hope he feels better soon!

Bubby
November 20th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Parents would much rather be sick themselves than see their children sick. You did all the right things and I'm sure he will recover like a champ!

Angelia
November 20th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Hope he's better soon.

Average head size is good! I can't buy a hat big enough to fit me. :)

Vonnie
November 20th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Hugs to Wiggles.

K. McEuen
November 20th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Hey, be glad his head isn't like at 103%. My daughter's was an the stupid doctor decided she needed to be scanned because she might have water on the brain. In my ranting at him for thinking that I spewed out "Look at me. I have a big head! Her dad has a big head! Jeez, the kid doesn't stand a chance." The nurse cracked up, but the doctor insisted. So, off we went to the UNM Cancer Center - they were the only ones in town that had the proper sonogram machine to scan an infant. Have you ever tried to hold a greased pig down on ice? That is about what it was, took me and the nurse to hold her still - greased up in baby oil so she would have a good connection to the water filled pillow thing she was laying on, screaming to high heaven - louder than any of the cancer patients going through their hellish treatments. One of the cancer docs wandered in to see "who y'all were killing." Finally we finished, got her calmed down and the result was just as I knew it would be. The kid has a big head, just like her parents.

I hope Sawyer feels better. He will rally in the late afternoons to early evening and then the fever will spike or break at some point during the night. Seems to be how they work for some reason.

Preeti
November 20th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Get well soon, Wiggles!!!

auntiemern
November 20th, 2014, 03:57 PM
So sorry that 'our' little guy is under the weather. Hope he get well soon. Plenty of fluids dad. (in case the doc didn't tell you)

Gina
November 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Hope he feels better soon!

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Don't worry about the size of his head: bighead

[big-hed, -hed] Spell Syllables

Word Origin (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/source-word-origin)

noun1.Informal. an excessive estimate of one's importance; conceit.

Iris Girl
November 20th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Feel better soon wiggles.

Divine Daisy
November 20th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Um............am I allowed to say that of course he is pitiful when he is sick........he IS a boy!

Monique
November 20th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Get well little man. xoxoxo

Embquilt
November 21st, 2014, 05:34 AM
Awww we need him better cuz I love to see his smiey pics!

redcaboose1717
November 21st, 2014, 06:23 AM
Ryan I am so sorry to hear that Sawyer hasn't been feeling well. Poor little guy ! Seems as though he's growing just fine though. Fevers are sometimes scary I know. There's several people I know who have grand kids that aren't feeling well either.

BTW....the quote at the bottom of your posts is absolutely fabulous.....it actually fits you well Ryan, you seem to be such as awesome daddy, Little Sawyer is a very lucky little boy to have you for a dad. :-)

share60
November 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Get well bubxxx

CarolynK
November 21st, 2014, 09:28 AM
Goodness, hope Wiggles feels better soon. It's always hard when those little ones are sick.

dhubert
November 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Time to spend some time in the rocking chair! My boys always wanted to be rocked when they were sick...Hope everybody feels better soon!

Grandma G
November 21st, 2014, 10:42 AM
Hope he is feeling better this morning. It is just as hard on the parents when little ones are sick. His check up numbers sound good to me. All babies are different that's why there is always a "range" they fit into. You guys are great parents!!

laura44
November 21st, 2014, 01:00 PM
Been there with my boys. Poor little guy, you hate to see them sick.
Give him an extra hug from us.

easyquilts
November 21st, 2014, 01:30 PM
So glad to hear that our little Wiggles is feeling better.... Kids do tha... They get idiopathic fevers...no real apparent readon...but, it 's scary, nonetheless... Hugs to the little guy... Great chevkup!