PDA

View Full Version : Surgery update...

easyquilts
November 20th, 2014, 09:49 AM
First of all, thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts, and hugs. You know they mean the world to me

This is a little difficult, because I am using my bas eye, but I wanted everyone to know that the surgeons said everything went well.... However, a one hour surgery turned into almost teo hours, because they had to get "creative " in order to properly reattach the implant....something was missing, so they had to improvise.
I They did not want to actually replace the implant, because that would have meant a larger incision, and mire trauma to the eye.

So, please forgive my more than usual iPadisms. I'll do my best.

I have a huge patch over my eye, that will be removed today.... Then I can start with the drops.
I feel fine, but am a little unbalanced when walking.... My depth perception is definitely off a bit, too.

According to my surgeons, it will take 3-4 weeks for my vision
to clear.... Then we will know whether or not I will need a new RX for driving and TV watching.....etc..... I'm hoping not, because I just bought new glasses this past summer. That's kind of a long recovery period. No driving!

No real housework this week.....no mopping, lifting laundry baskets, etc.... That 's fine with me... No bending at the waist. I'm planning a quiet week..... But, to Bree honest, I really don 't do that much housework.

However, I did whirl around the house yesterday,mand got a few things done.

Thanks again, for everything...

asta
November 20th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Glad to hear you are on the way to recovery!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 20th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the update, Sandy. Here's hoping you have a quick and uneventful recovery.

Carrie J
November 20th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the update Sandy, sending hugs and prayers that you'll have a quick and uneventful recovery, oh wait, shoulda just said, "What Jean said!" LOL! Housework? What's that?

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Collective prayer works! So glad to hear from you Sandy. Keeping the recovery prayer going!!

MayinJerset
November 20th, 2014, 11:08 AM
GOOD NEWS NOW REST UP AND LET THE HEALING BEGIN.

Over40momma
November 20th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Sandy that is good news for what you have gone through.....keeping my prayers going too. Pssst...can I get a script from your doctor saying I don't have to do housework????? ;)

ravelim
November 20th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Hope things continue to do well. Thinking and praying for you

TRLSRL72
November 20th, 2014, 11:37 AM
So glad everything went good for you. Praying your recovery goes quick.

LynneLeavell
November 20th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Glad things went well. Praying they continue to go well. I, too, would like a prescription for not doing housework.

Monique
November 20th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the update. NOW take it easy and do what the doctors tell you.

MRoy
November 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Glad to hear the surgery went well. Take good care of yourself!

Genny
November 20th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Happy to hear that you're doing so well! Now just sit back and relax and follow the doctors orders. Hugs...Genny

irishrn
November 20th, 2014, 12:47 PM
great news about your surgery!
I think in solidarity for you we should all give up housework until you have a complete recovery!
So take your time!!!

Gina
November 20th, 2014, 01:12 PM
So glad to hear everything went well! Praying for a fast recovery for you!

auntiemern
November 20th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks for letting us know how it all went. Prayers for a speedy recovery, and improved vision.

FabStripper
November 20th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Glad to see your post; take care and you're still in my prayers.

Iris Girl
November 20th, 2014, 04:54 PM
thank you for the update. Heres to a speedy full recovery!

Amy R
November 20th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Thank you for letting us know! What a trooper you are eyes totally freak me out I can't even put drops into mine without making it run in from the side!!!

sewlucky
November 20th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Take good care of you Sandy! Hugs

Swedish leo
November 20th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I am glad all went well! Hope you heal fast!

Take it easy and pet some fabric and just hang in there

Hugs

annika

Mimis-quilts
November 20th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Sandy, sorry to hear that you have had to have surgery, but glad to know that all went well for you. Now, do as your doctor says and have a speedy recovery!

mommamarsh
November 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
So good to hear from you.Take it easy and heal up quickly. Big Hug.