PDA

View Full Version : Throwback Thursday

MayinJerset
November 20th, 2014, 05:27 AM
I haven't posted one of these in awhile. What's his name, what did he usually say and who was his friend?93070

kimsophia
November 20th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Wimpy, I will pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today, Popeye?

Cathy F
November 20th, 2014, 06:47 AM
That's Wimpy, from Popeye!

MomGram
November 20th, 2014, 07:20 AM
"I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today".

Granny Fran
November 20th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Oh, dear, I'd be dating myself...Wimpy.

Iris Girl
November 20th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Wimpy! I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. POpeye!

Blondie
November 20th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I haven't posted one of these in awhile. What's his name, what did he usually say and who was his friend?93070

That would be wimpyk, my Daddy's favorite popeye character. Actually, I always thought my Daddy was like Popeye, because he was a sailor in WWII. Thank you May, for a sweetly remembered time.

Carrie J
November 20th, 2014, 08:16 AM
........................and he mumbled a lot too! LOL! Thanks May!

MayinJerset
November 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
See that quite a few of us remember Popeye and his friends, what a scag that Olive Oil was, LOL!
I remember eageraly waiting to read the Sunday papers to see what my favorite cartoon characters were up to. Dick Tracy was always on the front page of the comics, who would have imagined his wrist radio to be a thing of the past? Who were that hillbilly couple who were his enemy?

I loved Brenda Star, she was a gal reporter and got to so many places wearing great clothes. Such a difference from our stay at home moms who wore house dresses. Who were your faves?

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Lulu and Sluggo!!
And Archie!!

But my all-time favorites (a bit more recent?) were Broom Hilda and Ziggy!!

Angelia
November 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
There used to be a chain of hamburger restaurants in the UK called Wimpy's--not sure if they still exist. My mom always called babies in those drawstring-bottomed gowns Swee'Pea.

toggpine
November 20th, 2014, 02:01 PM
I remember Whimpy too! There was Bluto who was always trying to mix it up with Popeye.

I loved Snoopy, Far Side, and Calvin & Hobbes.