PDA

View Full Version : A Title... Ok. I'm Freezing My Tooshie Off...

BeachLizard
November 20th, 2014, 03:38 AM
..... I'm sitting here on my front porch combing thru the forums at 0135 in the morning drinking hot spiced tea in 44 degree weather and it suddenly dawns on me "what am I doing?" :icon_beuj: :icon_doh:

stationarymom
November 20th, 2014, 03:46 AM
It's in the 20's here and I am curled up under my blanket.

kimsophia
November 20th, 2014, 03:47 AM
It's still early! :D

It's 19 degrees here so no sittin' on the porch with a beverage for me... :icon_cool:

BeachLizard
November 20th, 2014, 03:56 AM
It's in the 20's here and I am curled up under my blanket.

Ok. It's true. I'm a pansy... :D

bubba
November 20th, 2014, 04:25 AM
44 would be nice......I'm sitting here watching the news w/my throbbing finger! And it's cold outside!

kimsophia
November 20th, 2014, 04:52 AM
So sorry about your finger. :( I've been stabbing my thumb doing hand sewing, but that doesn't compare.

Monique
November 20th, 2014, 05:44 AM
I just saw the snowplow go by, so NOT sitting outside. LOL!!

irishrn
November 20th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Yesterday was 19 degrees when I got up at 7 am. Today is was 30 degrees at 410 am.
I think that means today is at least gonna be a warmer day. Yesterday was brutal. Today has to be better!!
North Carolina should not be below freezing! It should be a law!!!
I left NY to get away from this mess!

Granny Fran
November 20th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Outside?? On the porch? 44 degrees out? You are kidding, right? Or are you in an alternate universe?? :lol:

Carrie J
November 20th, 2014, 08:14 AM
LOL, Florida has a different kind of cold, I remember very well! But, really on the porch? Our low this morning is 36, went to bed early, and sitting here warming up the house, waiting for coffee..............I'll crash around 3 today, LOL!

Over40momma
November 20th, 2014, 12:15 PM
44 degrees.....that's a heat wave!

shirleyknot
November 20th, 2014, 01:00 PM
That's "hot toddy and a quilt" weather.

BeachLizard
November 20th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Yesterday was 19 degrees when I got up at 7 am. Today is was 30 degrees at 410 am.
I think that means today is at least gonna be a warmer day. Yesterday was brutal. Today has to be better!!
North Carolina should not be below freezing! It should be a law!!!
I left NY to get away from this mess!

LOL, Baby, you didn't go far enough! What happened? D'ya run out of gas in NC and land there on your way south? :)

irishrn
November 20th, 2014, 01:44 PM
LOL, Baby, you didn't go far enough! What happened? D'ya run out of gas in NC and land there on your way south? :)

DH wouldn't go farther than NC when I insisted on moving south. He wanted to have all 4 seasons!!
Well, he got them except the past few years they have been more like 2!!! Summer and winter!!
And secretly I wanted to go to NC too so it worked out for me but it looked like it was his idea!!! Win-Win!!

BeachLizard
November 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM
DH wouldn't go farther than NC when I insisted on moving south. He wanted to have all 4 seasons!!
Well, he got them except the past few years they have been more like 2!!! Summer and winter!!
And secretly I wanted to go to NC too so it worked out for me but it looked like it was his idea!!! Win-Win!!

Lol. Well that's definitely Florida. Two seasons... hot and mild (cold to me but I don't want to sound like a pansy). How far is Kipling from Rocky Mount?

BeachLizard
November 20th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Outside?? On the porch? 44 degrees out? You are kidding, right? Or are you in an alternate universe?? :lol:

I prefer to call it parallel. ;)

BeachLizard
November 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
LOL, Florida has a different kind of cold, I remember very well! But, really on the porch? Our low this morning is 36, went to bed early, and sitting here warming up the house, waiting for coffee..............I'll crash around 3 today, LOL!

THANK YOU! Finally. Some sympathy. <<<sniff sniff>>> LOL. It is different. And you can always tell who lives here because when it gets cold, the Floridians are wearing jackets and coats. The Northerners are all in t-shirts. Makes us look kinda stupid. But then we're looking at them like they're from an alternate universe.