• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Wednesdays are good for something

Hello Folksies!

To state the obvious - it is as cold as a well digger's bum this morning outside. Inside, the wood stove is doing it's job keep us warm and toasty. Hope everyone is dry and warm.

My day fell apart yesterday, all my plans dashed. Oh well. Life does happen daily. Since I am awake, I will get back in the groove today. I did make a delicious pot of potato soup for dinner, artisan bread (fancy way of saying, I didn't knead it to death]. I made such a big pot, we may have an encore tonite.

Appts for this morning, need to feed the stove and then get ready to get going.

Be happy this day. If you can't be happy for yourself, be happy for someone else. If you can't be happy for yourself or someone else, think of those outside this morning, freezing. that should make you feel better about yourself. If it doesn't, go volunteer at a shelter. (don't you find it fascinating that homeless folks are always getting attention when it is cold, as if they aren't affected by temperature or hungry any other time?)

Prayers hugs and blessings to each. SMILE! Just think, Thanksgiving is coming up! Oh the joys of family time.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Wednesdays are good for something

Good morning all.

We did get a little more snow last night and it was bitterly cold yesterday. I got to quilt a little yesterday but not for me. Then Bonnie and I went out for lunch which followed up with a little grocery shopping.

I attended a town council meeting that was a joke. Our mayor kept going around in circles, tempers flared at times and I just basically sat and observed the goings on. Even the cops were there, and let me tell you, there were only about 100 that showed up which is great for such a little town.

Today hubby and I have an appointment to sign papers for the property next door. It shall soon be ours, FINALLY. I am hoping to get a little more quilting done today as well.

Have a great day everyone. I hope those of you in and around Buffalo are handling all that snow.

STAY WARM AND STAY SAFE!!!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• MayinJerset
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

I'm up but also not ready but will keep going anyway. Freezing outside this morning and very glad I don't have to get up and out to work any longer. I have a long puffy quilted coated that I wear during this kind of weather and it keeps me warm from neck to toe and I better make sure it's available for when I do venture outdoors. Can't imagine what the Buffalo area is going through with all that snow. SIL used to live up that way years ago and they had snow from October to April. She now lives in VA near DC and doesn't miss the snow a bit.

Just found an email from DIL MJ that she broke her wrist, had very little details so I'll call her later. She said she can't drive so I'm guessing she broke her right wrist. Will call her later this morning, hope she answers the phone as she keeps her mail box full.

Time to quit fooling around and get myself some coffee. Keep warm and hope your drive to wherever you need to go is a safe one.
      Last edited by MayinJerset; November 19, 2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

It's going to warm up a little today and then monsoon rain for several days through the weekend. One thing about Missouri, our weather changes constantly. I'm thankful that most of our ice is gone from our storm Sunday.

Yesterday I cleaned the Jadeite display we keep in the kitchen. That's a big job but I enjoy them so much more when everything is sparkling clean. The dishes pick up cooking grease due to being in the kitchen.

Yay, Monique and Hubby on getting the adjoining land! May, sorry to hear your DIL broke her wrist.

I guess I'll sew a little and catch up on the laundry today. I got most of my running around done yesterday.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MRoy
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2011

Good morning! I'm on my first cuppa coffee watching the Today show. For those around Buffalo NY, stay safe. DH and I gave his aunt her lap quilt last night. She was really touched, but she wanted to pay me for it! I told her it was a gift and if she offered to pay again, I'd take it back! LOL!
          Quilt guild is having a special sit-n-sew today with potluck. I've got my chili ready to warm up and take in the crock pot. I may stop at the grocery on the way home and get a few items for a simple Thanksgiving meal for DH and me. DS only gets the day off work so he won't be able to travel down. He works second shift and would have to get up early to spend 7 hours on the road on Thanksgiving Day. I'd rather know he's safe at home.
          Prayers and good thoughts for all who need them.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Granny Judy
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2011

Good Mornin'.... I'm up for the day. Finished up the last 3 quilts for the shelter here.. just gotta do the labels and call the shelter for a time to drop them off. Need to take pictures, too. Whew, what a year long project this was. Don't know if I'll ever promise to do this again. I know it will be so worth it.. just was a lot more work and time involved than I figured it would be. Now I KNOW!!

Nice thing about sewing is that I didn't have to get out in this artic blast!! Kept toasty warm with quilt making!!

I'm grateful for these retirement years. and living with DD#2. I don't have to get out and do the shopping when it is so cold. And I have lots of time for sewing or whatever I want to putz around with. There is always someone around to give me a helping hand with clean ups. And the fur babies love me to pieces. I am feeling truly blessed these days.

Now that is something to really smile about!!
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

• CarolynK
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2014

Good morning all!

We are finally warming up a bit here in Kansas and the snow is melting. I am praying for those up by Buffalo, NY and those parts that they stay safe. That's a lot of snow in a short period of time.

Pretty average work day yesterday and should be today as well.

Need to get another cup of coffee and ready for work. Hugs and prayers to all that need them.

Carolyn
              sigpicCarolyn

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2012

Good Morning! I'm up and moving (sorta), and on my first cuppa and watching the news. I have Yoga this morning and then I'm off to spend the afternoon with the 5 Grands. This is always a full day for me and I love it because I sleep really good because of it! They've had the tummy flu in their home for a couple weeks now, and they've just about passed it around to everyone. I'm hoping I will dodge this one. It's yucky!

It's cold outside! We're expecting things to warm up and rain is coming. I hope the warm up part is accurate and the rain doesn't fall in the form of snow. I am NOT ready for that!

I love the early morning. DH and DD have left for work, DGD is still asleep for a couple more hours, it's just me and the dogs.....enjoying the fire, the news and coffee....
                WP_20141119_004.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday! Hugs/Prayers for all in need...........
                sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• Shirley
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2010

Good morning everyone, it will be warming up here today yippee! 40's.
                  I wanted to wish everyone a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving. Hug those loved ones! We are so blessed.
                  Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• songbird857
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2014

Morning all -
                    Bit of a somber morning thinking about Larry Barros and his family - my 19yo DD was a bit sad last night, remembering a conversation she and Larry had last month about rap music - bittersweet for her. He had also been her camp counselor about 10 years ago when she was 9... genuinely nice guy.
                    Blondie - isn't that the way it goes sometimes? You'll get in the groove today
                    May - hope your DIL is ok!
                    Started a table runner yesterday - an order for my friend - Lots of machine embroidery/applique' on this one, we'll see how it turns out! Hoping to get lots of sewing in over the next few days.
                    Hope everyone has a great day today - hug someone you love

Comment

• Amy R
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2014

Yikes, poor Buffalo NY. Certainly happens a lot more often than in the news this time worse than usual. I lived in downstate NY for most of my life, the most snowfall overnight was 5 feet. Crazy!!!
                      Yesterday I threw together a bean creation in the crock pot and served it over potato pancakes. Wow what a hit it was with hubs and little one. She had 2 1/2 servings. That is amazing!!
                      Poor thing woke up several times crying last night... she said her teeth hurt this morning so I'm thinking her big teeth are starting to move around.
                      I started hand quilting Mom's star and crescent. Wow, I am loving how it looks. Now that I don't have to worry about crescents til row 3 again I can relax and enjoy lol.
                      This morning Kit Kat is running around like his bum is on fire. I think he's finally gotten used to the dog and runs around dive bombing him and Soph to play.
                      It is very cold outside so another day in the house. There's just not enough coffee in the world lol.
                      Have a great day everyone. Good luck in appointments/surgeries/treatments. Praying for everyone.
                      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

• Carrie J
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2014

Morning All, up early, lots to do today. Hospital run, and laundry for BFF, then wait for an electrician to show up. Drive to Rockwall for fabric. Thank Heaven for crockpots! DH is snoring like a buzzsaw right now, and waiting for coffee to get done. Talked to a Cuz that lives in Buffalo, he swears he's moving South, told him, "Yeah, you've been saying that for years, believe it when I see it, LOL!" I well remember those Lake Effect snows, not for sissies for sure! Nothing like being entombed in snow for months, literally! Very windy here today, warming up finally into the upper 40's, and rain coming in as well. Maybe, maybe I can actually get more sewing done today, but bet it'll be more like after dinner. Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them!
                        What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

• Ahamblin
                          The Guild President
                          • Sep 2013

Good morning all. Yep - still cold in upstate NY. DS#1 is still out of school as the snow bands are still dumping snow and the thruway is still closed. Fortunately we are only getting a little. Lake effect is so strange that way.
                          Need to get out and run some errands today but it depends on the snow. I can't get the bandages on my foot wet so walking in the snow is not in the cards. May be putting a trash bag over that foot.

Worked on my BOM quilt yesterday. Should finish the straight line quilting today and then try and decide what else I would like to do.

Have a great day.

PS - so excited for my daughter's visit.
                          Ann

Comment

• Cathy F
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

Morning all,
                            The sun is shining but it sure is cold out there! Not complaining though cause it's not snow.
                            Went to a holiday cookie class last night at a local Boces facility. Didn't know what to expect. The instructor was delightful but the class was exhausting. They assured her all the equiptment was in good working order but 4 kitchenaid mixers were broken which made for a class of 20 ladies more time consuming than the instructor would have liked. Our final class is Thursday where we bake all our cookies off, yum!
                            Going to stay in today and enjoy the warmth of the fireplace, and do some sewing.I have two table runners I'd like to work on.
                            Hope everyone stays warm today, hugs for all that need a few extra.
                            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2011

Morning,

It's cold here in Atlanta...27'...I'm missing Hawaii! lol

Monique, congrats on the land! I'm sure a bottle of wine will be opened.

May, healing light heading to your DIL for a speeding recovery with her wrist. Be interested in the details.

Kat and I have both our laptops die last week on the same day, then Friday Matt's truck had the water pump go (luckily Don can fix it $200 versus $600-800) then on Saturday they got rear-ended, thankfully no one was hurt. My serger died just before the laptop, so I'm waiting for my "3rd" thing to happen!

Making up the Christmas list as we need to do that before Don heads back to the North Slope on the 30th. I don't shop on Black Friday or Thanksgiving Weekend - hate the crowds. If I can order something online that will be great, otherwise I will not be found in any parking lots! lol

Please be extra safe if you are out on the road, prayers for those in need, huggers for all!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X