PDA

View Full Version : Cold up here in my Night Owl tree..

MayinJerset
November 19th, 2014, 04:01 AM
so I may be flying off to a nice warmer climate if this keeps up. No snow on the ground but I've heard through the birdie hotline that many of our forum friends have received lots of snow. Stay safe and warm up there, now is the time to stay in and quilt, quilt and quilt. 92995

kimsophia
November 19th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I'm sewing ornaments--it also works! :icon_wave:

bubba
November 19th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Not too warm here either! Last night it got down to 20....tonight is supposed to be 30. We have no snow, but rarely do. I just don't like this cold! Hope I am able to sleep decently tonight because I have to cut out and sew a bow tucks bag I was supposed to deliver today!!! Good thing I can whip them out!

Midge
November 19th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Tonight it's getting down to about 11 degrees, and the wind is bitterly cold. Not so terribly much snow on the side of town I live on. But heading east towards Buffalo, I'm sure you've all heard the snow is dangerously deep and people are still stranded. Buffalo always takes a terrible hit when Lake Erie is not yet frozen. Do we have any Buffalo gals or guys on this board? I agree that this is a great opportunity to put other things on hold, a pot of homemade soup on the stove and get busy sewing.

kimsophia
November 19th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I stay warm by dancing in the living room to a jazzy version of "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" by Jo Stafford. I've got one of the Sirius Christmas channels on. :icon_cool:

MayinJerset
November 19th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Jo Stafford! Used to slow dance to her "You Belong To Me" at high school confraternity dances so many years ago.

Monique
November 19th, 2014, 08:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNheCEUP_A

kimsophia
November 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNheCEUP_A

Johnny Mercer is so fun...so many of his songs show his sense of humor. ;)

Bubby
November 19th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I love the music from the 40's. It was so romantic and good to dance to. It was a little before my time, but I'm still a huge fan.

kimsophia
November 19th, 2014, 09:29 AM
The Siriusly Sinatra channel is my favorite on Sirius! I think "Ain't that a Kick in the Head" sung by Dean Martin is my favorite. He sounds so happy in that song.

rebeccas-sewing
November 19th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks! I really enjoyed hearing those voices again. Such a wonderful song and so appropriate for this time of year.