PDA

View Full Version : I C E !!!!

buckeyequilter
November 17th, 2014, 06:50 PM
The drive to work this morning wasn't terrible.....the drive home was a totally different story! Ice under the snow.

Leah53
November 17th, 2014, 07:16 PM
It's supposed to snow here in South Carolina tonight, way too early for this weather, if at all.

Sandy Navas
November 17th, 2014, 07:24 PM
That's the WORST! I'm hoping, because you posted, that you made it safely.

Sonic
November 17th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Same over here. It was all wet slushy snow this morning and I ker-splatted twice trying to get kiddo out to the bus. Been snowing all day and the temps are already down to upper 20 and going to drop to 10.
Going to be a nasty icy mess in the morning...

buckeyequilter
November 17th, 2014, 07:27 PM
That's the WORST! I'm hoping, because you posted, that you made it safely.

Yes...I'm home. No one passed me on the way home so I must not have been driving too slow....usually some idiot goes flying around me.

Gina
November 17th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Yes...I'm home. No one passed me on the way home so I must not have been driving too slow....usually some idiot goes flying around me.

We have a lot of those "idiots" here in Bama! I usually get to pass them back as they rarely make it to their destination! :icon_heh:

buckeyequilter
November 17th, 2014, 10:34 PM
We have a lot of those "idiots" here in Bama! I usually get to pass them back as they rarely make it to their destination! :icon_heh:

A couple years ago I must have been driving too slow because a lady passed me. A mile or so up the road she was sitting in a field. I bet I got to where I was going before she got to her destination.

Carrie J
November 17th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Shirley, glad you got home safely! Yeah, here in Texas, tons of folks have NO clue how to drive in snow, let alone ice. It's how the medians gets plowed here for wildflower seeds, LOL! Sorry y'all have such early, yucky roads, I think it's going to be one of those winters. I love to drive here locally as most folks stay inside, won't even go check their mail. Only time I can get in and out of a store in under 5 flat! The worst by far is black ice, which we're blessed with several times from December thru February! Tricky stuff that!

Midge
November 18th, 2014, 01:29 AM
Whew, Shirley, it's been a mess today, hasn't it? All the previous snow that melted in the sun today has frozen and the sidewalks are strictly for skating tonight. Down to 17 already and the wind is wicked. This is some serious cold weather for November here. Feels more like January weather right now. Everyone take it easy and stay safe.

Gina
November 18th, 2014, 02:16 AM
We rarely have accumulating snow or ice here. That is the main reason why most people here can't drive in it. We got about an inch one night last winter. I couldn't tell you how many cars I saw in ditches and sitting in the median on my drive to work the next morning. There was a huge pile up on the main highway coming into the city where I live. It was shut down for half the morning. They were doing good until they crossed the bridge and started hitting the brakes!