PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I'm a Real Night Owl

MayinJerset
November 17th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Woke up at 2am after going to sleep around 11pm and I'll be up for a while. Crazy day, DH was really feeling bad so we cancelled late lunch date with DS#2 and DIL. DH spent his time sitting around reading, watching TV and napping. I was cleaning and polishing everything in sight and finally got the dining room back together. Every thing left over found its way onto the kitchen table or the living room floor. Took a breather on the TV room couch around 4 and who walks in but DS#3 and girlfriend. He had run in Rocky Balboa marathon in Philly on Sat. and they were on their way home. Nothing like having company drop by when the house is a mess. He always has that darn phone in his hand and could have given us a call while driving here, at least I would have combed my hair and put my shoes on. They stayed for tea and cake and left soon. Oh by the way DS#1 drove over to watch the marathon and rode his bike along the route for awhile with DS#3. #1 son used to run marathons, several times in the NYC one, but back problems put an end to his running so now he swims.

Hey, Cathy, are you still up out there in Washington?

kimsophia
November 17th, 2014, 05:27 AM
I was up, then fell asleep again, and am up now, so am I an early bird? :) I have a cat that wants on my lap, that's for sure! :)

sewlucky
November 17th, 2014, 05:32 AM
I'm awake and sitting at the airport waiting on my son's flight that was delayed to arrive. My bed with new flannel sheets was really more comfortable, lol

Terri

kimsophia
November 17th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Oh dear, the airport. I've killed a lot of hours in those. Is the snack bar still open?

Andrea F
November 17th, 2014, 05:56 AM
I was also kind of night owling last night, went to be at around 3:15 am. Now it's 9:40 and I'm sitting in front of my second cuppa. I don't have to go out for work today which is clearly a good thing :)

May, I hope your DH gets well soon. I don't like when someone comes over and the house is a mess either. But sometimes that just happens. The living room is usually tidy but the kitchen - that's another story. DS#1 likes to make himself bacon and eggs and almost always forgets to clean up when he's finished.

Terri, I hope your son arrives soon and you can go back in your comfy bed.

MayinJerset
November 17th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Kimsophia, You are like me as I sleep a bit, up a bit and hopefully back to sleep for a few more hours before becoming an early bird. Terri I feel for you waiting at the airport. Late night flights back home were the worse as we would want a cup of coffee but all refreshment stands would be closed. Kind of spooky being in the airport with hardly anyone around. Meanwhile over in Germany Andrea is getting ready for the new day by having a 2nd cup of coffee. Getting sleepy so for me I'll say 92828

toggpine
November 17th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Well, I was up, but not on the computer!

I hope you all had a good day, no matter what time you started it!

* OK - I want to apologize for the wonky spellings lately. I'm still trying to adjust to this key board, and sometimes I don't catch all of the stuff it adds or misses. *

sewlucky
November 17th, 2014, 09:13 PM
The coffee shop was open but I knew I better to have coffee! I grabbed a bottle of water instead. I had a throat tickle and by the time I finally got to crawl into bed at 3am I knew I had a cold starting. Woke up feeling it too. Blah. Was good to see my youngest boy though :) Even though we slept late this morning I'm pretty sure we have an early night tonight!

Terri

kimsophia
November 18th, 2014, 12:16 AM
The coffee shop was open but I knew I better to have coffee! I grabbed a bottle of water instead. I had a throat tickle and by the time I finally got to crawl into bed at 3am I knew I had a cold starting. Woke up feeling it too. Blah. Was good to see my youngest boy though :) Even though we slept late this morning I'm pretty sure we have an early night tonight!

Terri

So sorry you have caught a cold...ugh! Hope it is over soon.

sewlucky
November 18th, 2014, 12:36 AM
THanks kimsophia, me too. Tis the season!

Terri

kimsophia
November 18th, 2014, 01:03 AM
I need a cup of coffee if I'm going to get anything done tonight. I am hoping to crank out a bunch of fabric ornaments in the sewing room and then take them out to the tv and finish them by hand. I love college basketball--GO STATE! (that's Iowa State...lol)

sewlucky
November 18th, 2014, 01:05 AM
I love college WHEELCHAIR basketball!! :). Go Illini!!

kimsophia
November 18th, 2014, 01:57 AM
I love college WHEELCHAIR basketball!! :). Go Illini!!

Sounds cool! Is it on ESPN?

sewlucky
November 18th, 2014, 03:07 AM
They were last season! They do live stream their games. There are I think 8 collegiate teams in the USA. My son has been to camp at U of Illinois twice :) Check them out Illinois Wheelchair Basketball (http://www.illinoiswheelchairbasketball.com)

Terri

toggpine
November 18th, 2014, 04:00 AM
No night owling here for me tonight. Although that's not really true if you are reading this east of me.
Anyhow....
I had a State Fair Board meeting tonight after helping the Hands On Art group at school today. I managed to herd the girl to bed and now I'm going.