PDA

View Full Version : For all St. Louis area members

Leah53
November 16th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Please be careful and watchful this week. The Grand Jury will most likely announce this week, they said the middle of November and I don't think they will do it Thanksgiving week.

share60
November 16th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Keep you and yours safe,pets indoors etcxxxx

SuzyQue
November 16th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Don't remind me! I have a DD that will be working in this area. Prayers are needed and necessary!

bubba
November 17th, 2014, 12:27 AM
That whole case sickens me. If it decided the way it should be, it will only make things worse because people will go crazier than they already have. If it's decided the wrong way, everyone is screwed. What big ugly mess of he said/she said.

tamsterg7
November 17th, 2014, 12:51 AM
We are all so tired of the whole mess and the tension - and just want the verdict to be out. Regardless of what the verdict is, there will be demonstrations. I have a family member in law enforcement and have been told that we have 3,500 National guard already scattered around the Metropolitan area. I work downtown - I block from the new SLPD building, and travel throughout the day into various communities, and my boss has already advised to work from home if needed. Hope it isn't tomorrow afternoon - I have a meeting with the County HR department right next to the Clayton courthouse - where the Grand Jury meets!

auntiemern
November 17th, 2014, 01:03 AM
I am just thankful, that I am no where near that mess. I do, however, have family that live in North County. As Tamsterg said....we are just sick of hearing about it...and pretty much tired being held hostage, by criminals in the name of justice, because the truth was not told in the beginning. You could not pay me enough $ to go into St. Louis right now. That being said..I am going to have to hold off on my PICU delivery, because of the hospitals location.
I remember very well the race riots of the late 60's...and I think this will be much worse. Back then there weren't the gangs and guns that there are now. It is certainly scary times ahead.
Suzy, I will keep your daughter in my prayers.

Mpyles
November 17th, 2014, 01:10 AM
I pray that cooler heads prevail regardless of the outcome. Enough is enough....

Simply Quilting
November 17th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Praying for safety.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 17th, 2014, 03:21 AM
I live in the next community over from Ferguson. I just wish they would announce and get it over with. I think the media is inflaming this to make it so awful. It may be bad but giving it so much media coverage just makes it worse. I have so many friends who live in Ferguson. I just feel for them. I don't want to be confined to my home because of people protesting and closing down my access to places I need to be. I believe there is a lawless element that moves with legitimate protesters that are intent on causing mayhem. They were the looters and burners in the August unrest. They hid among the peaceful demonstrators, it took the police a day or two to figure out the best way of handling this, and the bad press about the law enforcement evolved. Now, the police vow to allow peaceful protesting but arrest law breakers. I'm glad they are more or less all on the same page now about how to proceed. We have 4 layers of government involved in this, and it took them a while to get their act together in August while dealing with civil disobedience and real crime. Hopefully, the talk that they did in the interim will bring some sort of unified plan to handling this unrest.

Leah53
November 17th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Missouri Governor just declared a State of Emergency for Ferguson and has activated the National Guard, not long now. Others need to be on alert also, Atlanta, LA, Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, NYC, Detroit and Boston, protests have been threatened in those cities.

Carrie J
November 17th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Leah, wow, this is just exponentially worsening. And for what, inflammatory speeches, incompetence at many government layers, and a media that is only concerned about "ratings". I for one am tired of the "hate/race mongering", whatever happened to letting our system of laws take their natural course and everyone accepting the ruling. True there are instances of abuse, unjustice, and it does take time to unravel those aspects. Hence the appeals process. I have to look at it from the viewpoint of comparison, we have the best systems in the world, are we perfect, absolutely not. Two wrongs do no create a "right", and I have to have faith in our current laws as they stand. I only hope that the continuation of divisiveness that has clouded so much in this country in recent years ends very quickly, or we are on a very, very slippery slope into mayhem and anarchy. My prayers will be for those in Ferguson and surrounding communities, no matter the city, that cooler heads will prevail in this all.

Leah53
November 17th, 2014, 06:40 PM
or we are on a very, very slippery slope into mayhem and anarchy

This!^^^^

This is just the beginning. We all need to be concerned because this will affect all of us, if the larger port cities riot then that could disrupt shipping of goods among other things.

We are a nation of laws, not a nation of men. The Grand Jury are the ones who saw all the evidence, we didn't, the protestors didn't, they are the ones who decide and who's decision should be respected regardless of the outcome.

Reports are Homeland Security is there also. The Feds need to stay out of this, Obama and Holder should have stayed out of it, they did nothing but incite more of it, but as the saying goes, never let a good crisis go to waste. In other words, while you're watching over here, keep one eye over there.

I say, let the party begin, let's get this over with and see what's left because it's going to happen sooner than later anyway might just as well be sooner. When you see looters on TV, don't think of them as looters they're just Christmas shopping early trying to beat the black Friday rush.

buckeyequilter
November 17th, 2014, 07:32 PM
My thoughts and prayers to all our friends and their families in that area....stay safe!!

bscuzz
November 17th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I will most certainly be praying for the people living in Ferguson and anyone affected by the 'criminal element' that always flocks to these unfortunate circumstances. I'm close enough to Philly to be on alert if I'm traveling in and around the area till this is over. Back in 1967 I was pregnant and due to give birth while there was rioting in New Brunswick, NJ - which is where my hospital was located. Every night my husband and I would sit listening on a CB radio and pray that I wouldn't have to go to the Hosp during the night. Thank goodness I went in and had my baby girl in the mid-morning hours. Scary stuff!!! Praying for calm and safety!! "B" :icon_calm:

Leah53
November 17th, 2014, 09:55 PM
FBI Warns Ferguson Decision ‘Will Likely’ Lead To Violence By Extremist Protesters
ABC News ^ | November 17, 2014 | By MIKE LEVINE, PIERRE THOMAS, JACK DATE and JACK CLOHERTY

FBI Warns Ferguson Decision ‘Will Likely’ Lead To Violence By Extremist Protesters (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3228084/posts)

and 200 BadRequest (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-w...ry?id=26980624)

Posted on 11/17/2014, 7:08:12 PM by Oldeconomybuyer

As the nation waits to hear whether a Missouri police officer will face charges for killing unarmed teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., the FBI is warning law enforcement agencies across the country that the decision “will likely” lead some extremist protesters to threaten and even attack police officers or federal agents.

Peaceful protesters could be caught in the middle, and electrical facilities or water treatment plants could also become targets. In addition, so-called “hacktivists” like the group “Anonymous” could try to launch cyber-attacks against authorities.

“The announcement of the grand jury’s decision … will likely be exploited by some individuals to justify threats and attacks against law enforcement and critical infrastructure,” the FBI says in an intelligence bulletin issued in recent days. “This also poses a threat to those civilians engaged in lawful or otherwise constitutionally protected activities.”

The bulletin “stresses the importance of remaining aware of the protections afforded to all U.S. persons exercising their First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.”

Still, the bulletin’s conclusions were blunt: “The FBI assesses those infiltrating and exploiting otherwise legitimate public demonstrations with the intent to incite and engage in violence could be armed with bladed weapons or firearms, equipped with tactical gear/gas masks, or bulletproof vests to mitigate law enforcement measures.”

auntiemern
November 18th, 2014, 04:43 AM
It absolutely sickens me, for many reasons. The biggest reason right now, is that I am unable to deliver the 60+ quilts and dozens of pillowcases to Cardinal Glennon for the kids in the PICU. They (whoever they are) released a list of possible targets that could be affected. I am pretty sure I would be safe at the hospital, but getting there could be a little scary. I will deliver them as sure as I know I will be safe doing so.
#Ferguson Protest Group Releases List of Targets, Including: Anheuser Busch, Boeing, Emerson Electric, Airport | The Gateway Pundit (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/justice-for-mike-brown-group-releases-list-of-targets-including-anheuser-busch-boeing-emerson-electric-airport/)
The Homeland Security (feds) have been here for a while just waiting. There are over 50 Dept of Homeland Security vehicles in one of the areas hotel parking garages.
This entire 'thing' has been fueled by the media...and they are having a field day. I hope they are going to be happy with the outcome of the storm they have created.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 18th, 2014, 07:01 AM
My hairdresser is one block from the Justice Center, where the protests have begun already. Hope it all dies down before my roots need a touch up for Christmas.

Leah53
November 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Auntiemern, I would suggest you might want to deliver those quilts today because I think it will be a while before you'll be able to do it after the verdict is read.

Even though this is a target list I would like to think that the hospitals are listed, not as a target, but a place where they can get their bullet wounds taken care of.

Below is the published list of potential St. Louis area targets.
Potential Action Locations

Robert McCulloch’s office
St. Louis County Justice Center
Stephanie Karr’s office
Olin Corporation Headquarters
Judge Maura McShane’s courtroom
St. Louis County Police Department
Governor Nixon’s Office (Wainwright Building)
Clayton School District Office
Department of Justice
Dean Plocher’s office
Ronald Brockmeyer’s office
Dan Boyle’s office
Thomas Flach’s office
Regal III Market
Canfield Green Apartments
Ferguson Police Department & Jail
West Florissant Quick Trip
Missouri Botanical Gradens
Powell Symphony Hall
Monsanto Headquarters
Peabody Energy Headquarters
Anheuser-Busch Headquarters
Emerson Electric Headquarters
Steve Stenger’s lawfirm
St. Louis Art Museum
Gateway Arch
Peabody Opera House
Ritz Carlton
Lambert International Airport
Mayor Slay
Boeing
St. Louis City Police Department
St. Louis Galleria
Plaza Frontenac
Six Stars Market
Colonel Jon Belmar
Senator Roy Blunt
Senator Claire McCaskill
St. Louis City Justice Center
St. Ann Police Department & Jail
Clayton City Hall
GCI Security, Inc.
St. Louis County Council
Clayton Police Department & Jail
Ferguson City Hall
Lacy Clay’s Office
Donors
Husch Blackwell LLP
Martin Insurance Group LLC
Stone, Leyton & Gershman
University Square Company
Stone & Alter Real Estate
Carey & Danis LLC
The Law Firm of Thomas C Antoniou LLC
Hammond & Shinners Law Firm
Collinsville Acquisitions Inc
Thompson Coburn
Commercial Bank
Sanctuaries
Greater St. Mark Family Church
Veterans for Peace Office
St. John’s Episcopal Church
Hospitals
St. Louis University Hospital
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center
SSM St. Mary’s Health Center
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Alexius Hospital
Kindred Hospital
Southwest Medical Center

The Ferguson Mike Brown protesters are not ruling out violence or looting.

“Rioting and looting are the tools of those without a voice. The rioting and looting, while I didn’t participate in it, was necessary. Without it we would not be standing here today.”

Over40momma
November 18th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Those are not the tool of those without a voice.....those are the tools of vigilantes and terrorists. Period.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Leah53
November 18th, 2014, 12:21 PM
[URLhttp://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/ (http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/)[/URL]

Santa Barbara, CA
Milwaukee, Wi
Memphis, TN
Jackson, MI
Monroeville, OH
Worcester, MA
Spring Valley, NY
Des Moines, IA
Lawrence, KS
Albany, NY
Chattanooga, TN
Stroudsburg, PA
Grand Rapids, MI
Longview, TX
Austin, TX
Louisville, KY
Blacksburg, VA
Iowa City, IA
Seattle, WA
St. Petersburg, FL
Columbus, OH
Kennesaw, GA
Pittsburg, PA
Rocky Mt., NC
Raleigh, NC
Durham, NC
Greenville, NC
Chapel Hill, NC
W. Hartford, CT
Lexington, KY
Indianapolis, IN
Denver, Co
North Hampton, MA
Meadville, PA
Cleveland, OH
Beavercreek, OH
Portland, OR
Detroit, MI
Gainesville, FL
New London, CT
Albuquerque, NM
Montpelier, VT
Los Angeles, CA
Williamsburg, VA
Toledo, OH
Atlanta, GA
Dallas, TX
West Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix, AZ
St. Paul, MN
Springfield, MA
Providence, RI
San Diego, CA
Houston, TX
Minneapolis, MN
NYC
Chicago, IL
Washington DC
Buffalo, NY
Newark, NJ
Baltimore, MD
Oakland, CA
Boston, MA
Philadelphia, PA

Genny
November 18th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I pray for everyone that's going to be near these protests and probably even riots. This is getting so far out of control that I'm afraid many more people may lose their lives. Marilyn please don't feel like the hospital may be safe to go to because people that riot sometimes hit places that that's least expected. People that are involved in the riots don't care who they harm.

Hulamoon
November 18th, 2014, 12:54 PM
That sounds dangerous to me. I can only imagine what could happen.

Blondie
November 18th, 2014, 01:05 PM
this is so grieving and vexing to me. I wish people would just STOP stirring the pot.
Rant over.

K. McEuen
November 18th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I merged these threads because it is a continuation of the same subject.

Now, a warning - we all have access to read this news on our own. The forum is a "safe" place that many people come to in hopes of avoiding some of the ugly outside influences. This thread went from a wishing St. Louis area people well to a platform to post more and more about this matter. Do we want this matter to escalate? No, we don't. Do we need this information continually placed in our faces here? No, we don't.

This issue is a media circus and an opportunity for people to over-react. This forum is not and in order to keep the peace and solitude here, this thread is going to be closed now.

I wish Jean and any other members near the St. Louis area the best of luck in avoiding the ugliness and hope that no one else ends up being affected by this.