PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird or Night Owl?

MayinJerset
November 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
It has been a restless night so at almost 5:30 I think I'm an early bird as I know I won't be able to get back to sleep again. Have lots to do like a dryer filled with clothes that need to be folded and put away. Also last of the dining room stuff to be cleaned and put back on display in the dining room walls and hutch. I'm sure to have plenty of leftover stuff that I don't know what to do with. This time all extras are going back into the tote and will be given to Good Will.

DH has a cold and we may not be able to meet DS#2 and DIL this afternoon for a late lunch as planned. He said I gave him the cold I had last week but not true as he has a congested chest and cough and my cold was a head/sinus one. So we've both been eating soup a lot although I did make a nice meatloaf dinner on Thursday night that we both enjoyed.

So dark outside, when is the sun going to come up? Or maybe it's raining again. If so that's OK because it isn't Snow! How are you mid north west gals and guys doing with your first snowfalls of the Winter? Be careful driving on those icy roads. Maybe you all should stay indoors and quilt up a storm, much safer way to spend your time and a lot more fun too.

Iris Girl
November 16th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Early bird I say. I am always up around 4am. I am an early bird most productive time. I have been working on my Blowin in the wind runner http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/show-tell/45938-blowin-wind.html. Needs a couple borders yet.
May hope you and hubby both get feeling better. Always seems you can function with a cold but when they get one it is the end of the world! LOL
We have a trip to town planned today to find a Turkey, a stop at Joann's and probably auto zone.
Making pork roast with mashed taters and gravy and some kind of veggie for dinner. It is dark and cold here and weather says little to no sun today. Glad I did laundry yesterday and hung it out. Hate using the dryer unless absolutely necessary.

shermur
November 16th, 2014, 09:27 AM
It all depends when my sweet Dottie pup wants to go outside to relieve herself.... most times it's very early riser and can't go back to sleep!

shirleyknot
November 16th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I'm up before 6 every day. Dog wants out and horses want fed. *I* need the bathroom. But I'm in bed before 10 at night too.

kimsophia
November 16th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Up all night fooling with a charm pack and ready for bed soon. Looks like 4 inches of extremely fluffy, downy snow. Good day for sleeping. :icon_wave:

Monique
November 16th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Yes dear friends, we have snow this morning and it is still coming down. The plow has been by once. I guess we are staying put today, as we thought we might go to an auction sale. I have to work tomorrow and so does hubby. I need to gather something to take with me to work on.

Have a great day everyone.

BobW
November 16th, 2014, 10:06 AM
We just had flurries yesterday. They say we will have snow today starting about noon. The say somewhere between 1-3 inches. It is coming from the South, which is very unusual for us. Most of our weather comes from the North here.

I woke up at 5:30 and realized I wasn't going back to sleep so I got up and started reading and checking the computer.

Every one have a great day.

Ginny B
November 16th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Not an early bird today. I slept in 'til 8:08! I usually wake up before 7 on the weekends and relax with a cup of tea and the forum but I'm a little late today. We did a lot of running around yesterday including adding a trip to the eye doctor to pick up our new glasses. They called to say they were in right before we were ready to leave on our errand running trip so we just added that to the list. We accomplished everything on our list and I even had time to do a bit of sewing.

It's a cloudy dreary morning here. This morning I will make some ricotta pancakes for breakfast, get the marinara sauce made for dinner, see if there is anything else I can prep for the upcoming weeks dinner, throw in a load of laundry and then head up to my sewing room. I may take a trip up to the farm stand for any produce we may need.

May, hope you and hubby feel better soon. All those who have snow today, stay safe if you are out and about in it. Enjoy the beauty of it from inside while quilting.

Have a great day everyone

Granny Fran
November 16th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Up early today with little great granddaughter. She spent the night with us and is such a joy. When eating breakfast noticed the light "frosting" on the deck. We are due for some snow tomorrow and it could wait as far as we're concerned. Love to look at it, do not like to be out in it.
GGD and I are going to work on her daddy's quilt some today. It is a surprise for Christmas and she can keep a secret, bless her heart. She is 5 going on 21. LOL
Everyone have a great day.

Simply Quilting
November 16th, 2014, 09:11 PM
We had a good two inches of snow yesterday. The roads were slick in town yesterday.
I'm more of a night owl since dh works second shift. Although I do love to get up early and rise with the sun in the summer time.

Carrie J
November 16th, 2014, 09:57 PM
I fluctuate between early and late. Body clock has been messed up since menopause, the early days are the best!L! I get soooo much done, late days stink, nothing seems to get finished and the day speeds by too quickly! Today was an early day, loved it, got so much done and sewed, sewed, sewed! Weather here was rainy, wet and bone chilling cold, lots a tea, looking forward to hot chocolate this evening. Snow would've been perfect today, instead we'll get sleet tonight!

Momofmonsters5
November 17th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Early bird. I'm up at 4 for work so weekends my body doesn't know the difference.

auntiemern
November 17th, 2014, 01:21 AM
I have always been a night owl....I just don't do mornings. My personal belief is that it should be illegal to get up before the sun does. I am rarely up before 10 AM....but usually up til 1-2. The past 2 mornings I have had to be at DD's at 5:30 AM...needless to say I went back to bed when I got there. The only good thing about that is, getting in the bed right after she gets out, and it is nice and warm still.

toggpine
November 17th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Let's see. When it's Early Bird hours for May, it's still Late Night Owl time for me. I'm not really fond of getting out of a nice, warm bed on these cold days, but when Nature calls...
Then when I do get up and get the kiddo of to school and make it back in here, it's noon to everyone East. I can't begin to count the number of times I have been the pigtail to the daily thread conversation! Good thing I don't get a complex about those sorts of thing.

kimsophia
November 17th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Let's see. When it's Early Bird hours for May, it's still Late Night Owl time for me. I'm not really fond of getting out of a nice, warm bed on these cold days, but when Nature calls...
Then when I do get up and get the kiddo of to school and make it back in here, it's noon to everyone East. I can't begin to count the number of times I have been the pigtail to the daily thread conversation! Good thing I don't get a complex about those sorts of thing.

I was afraid I was a guaranteed thread-killer myself! :icon_razz: But I already have a complex! :)