PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday all day today...

MayinJerset
November 15th, 2014, 09:16 AM
so make the best of it. I'll finish cleaning and polishing the dining room furniture and putting all the other cleaned stuff back in place today. Will also do a lot of laundry, something I don't usually do on Saturdays but all the dining room stuff has been in the garage all week blocking access to the dryer. DH was concerned as he was wearing his last clean pair of undershorts. Have no fear DH, early morning load is drying as we wait for the coffee to brew.

I was up early and watched a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel and now I feel like I have a sugar overload. One sugar sweet cute story is OK but they seem to be running them day and night and probably will continue right up to New Years.

dwil23
November 15th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Good Morning May!

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - prayers for all in need.

Andrea F
November 15th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Good Morning dear May and Donna and everybody else :)

I don't know where the last two weeks went and I am glad it's Saturday and weekend now. It's already 1:40 pm here. We just came home from the city. My niece's birthday was ten days ago and my sister invited the family to a belated birthday brunch. I made a quilt for my niece but don't know yet if she likes it. She couldn't unwrap it in the café. It was good to see my sisters but it was very loud and crowded in there. I'm going to meet with the youngest one tomorrow evening to catch up. She's still having a rough time. I hope she feels better eventually and things settle down for her.

We did some quick shopping afterwards and DH is doing the grocery shopping for the next week right now. He's so sweet, he does it every week because I hate it. No other plans for the weekend except for a little bit of work. I think this is going to be a sew and relax weekend.

I hope you all have a relaxed and fun weekend! Hugs for everybody who wants or needs some.

MRoy
November 15th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Good morning! May, you've been a busy gal! I agree about all the Christmas movies on Hallmark...I enjoy some, but one after another all day long is too much. Sorry if I sound Grinchy, but the Christmas season is not my most favorite time of the year.

Today the quilt guild is setting up at the local Peddlers Mall to try to sell some handmade items and more raffle tickets on our quilt. The drawing is next week so this is the last chance to sell tickets. I'm going to help out later today. I hope everyone has a great day!

Amy R
November 15th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Morning! Busy weekend sewing, pup's birthday and hanging out with the family.
My cousin sent a box full of fabric she isn't going to use with a pack of square templates. It was a very nice surprise! There's enough to make many small quilts I'll whip up some for picu as well so that's even more special! If my local children's hospital doesn't take them I'll send them along through here. (I do know they take knitted/crocheted items). There's just so many horrible stories with sick kids it tears me apart.
Looking forward to embarking on our NC adventure for Thanksgiving. I miss my family. It's a much shorter drive than back to NY and a break from cold temps for a few days. I'll get to see my brother too which doesn't happen too often. (and his wife but that's another story).
92652 Here's the fabric fairy surprise!

I hope everyone has a healthy happy weekend.

Bubby
November 15th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Morning,

Jeff is leaving for Cuba in a bit. The Girls and I are going to stay home. Later this morning I will pick up my little Plus Sign quilt from Reggie. I may cook a pot of chili later today.

We had a long day yesterday and we both slept like logs last night.

Wishing everyone a happy Saturday.

Monique
November 15th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Good morning. I have been up for a long time. Watched a movie with hubby. He left a while ago for a haircut, so I took this opportunity to MOVE the couch and sweep underneath. Novel idea isn't it. Hubby doesn't do that. It was inscusting to say the least.

It is a sunny day today, not sure what the day holds. We have to attend my niece's grand re-opening of her hair salon tonight that is a given, other than that, who knows.

Have a wonderful day and weekend friends.

Ginny B
November 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Good morning and Happy Saturday. Nice and sunny out but quite chilly. Plans for the weekend are to get the oil changed in my car (which hubby is doing right now. He isn't changing it-taking it to be changed.). Maybe a trip to a couple of cemeteries. My aunts birthday would have been today (she died last December) and my cousins are going to have a little visit/prayers at my Aunt and Uncles gravesite this afternoon. If we decide to go, there are a few other relatives that we will "visit" that are in nearby cemeteries. I also have a trip to Joann's on my list as well as Toys R Us and dh wants to sit down and make our Christmas shopping list/budget. Of course there is also the cleaning that needs doing. I am hoping to get most of this done today so that I can sew sew sew tomorrow.

I have watched a couple of the Hallmark movies this season. I kind of like having them on in the background while sewing. But not too many in a row. And nothing beats the classics like White Christmas or Its a Wonderful Life.

Off I go to get this day at started. See ya later.

Sandy Navas
November 15th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Good Morning, everyone!! Heading out to an estate sale with hubby as soon as he's finished primping. Have to make a quick stop at the pharmacy while we're out. When the weather starts cooling (brrrr) I start having itching problems but only on my ankles. Why is that? Anyway, since the knee replacements I can't quite reach them and I'm going to get some kind of anti-itch relief that I can spray on. It is really bad once I head to bed at night. Urrrrgh!!

I'm kinda sappy about the Hallmark movies, but they repeat them so often that I do get sick of them. I think I have seen one or two new ones this year but I'll be totally sick of them by the time Christmas is past.

So often my nighttime hours are spent quilting in my mind or something equally creative. Overnight I must have covered a small table a couple times - turning it into a convenient cutting and pressing station to set next to my sewing area. This table is a swivel top and I am anxious to see if my idea will work. Sure will make it easier on the quilt top I'm working on.

Off to make haste and see how many chores can be accomplished so I have time to sew this afternoon.

Lonna
November 15th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Good Morning All,

Quite morning here at work. Mid month it is always this way. The only excitement will be that they are serving to go boxes for lunch they call it their Thanksgiving meal in the parking lot across the road today. Several of the church in the area get together and do this every year. So I will sit here and watch all the cars weave about in the parking lot waiting to pick up there boxes. You and see and tell some of these folks do need these meals but others to me are questionable. Like if you are driving an new luxury car do you really need this meal. I drive an old 1980's something Silverado pickup and I know I would not go and take a meal as I feel there is someone in worst shape then myself who may need that meal. Any way this will be the excitement of my day.

I have been in a sewing funk for a few weeks now. I may just sit down to my machine today and make my self sew something easy and simple and then maybe the mood will return.

Wishing every one a wonderful day.

ravelim
November 15th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Good morning everyone. Its going to be a cold, snowy day here in northwest Iowa. Good day to sew. Finishing up DS quilt. I decided to make something "frozen" (you know from the movie) so I have some fabric I'm going to cut into charms and make the two little girls another tote bag from them. I'd work the last 2quilts I have to do but they are for my DD and her daughter who may be coming over. The first thing they do is go look in my sewing room to see what I'm doing. Have to wait until Monday at least before working on them.

The thing I hate doing the most is cleaning the silver tea set. Guess what I have to do. Clean the tea set! Hubs said he'd help. That is a job for this weekend.

Last night we had DR s doggie over cause she was at her students musical. We laughed so hard at the two dogs antics. They ran outside and all around the yard. Came in nd went right back out and did it 5 more times. They came in just puffing. They were so cute.

Better get started. Hugs to everyone.

ilive2craft2
November 15th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Good morning all! Sitting here with my 2nd cuppa and need to get a move on. We are hosting Thanksgiving and our house needs a good deep cleaning - it will probably only get the top level so that it is good enough for company, but that would still be an improvement. Have started doing 5 minute purges - take 5 minutes and see how much can be done. Usually ends up longer, but because I am on a roll. If you are a follower of Bonnie Hunter's, you will see where I got the idea. :)

I have been working on my sister's quilt and hope to have the blocks together today. Then she will get to decide if she likes my layout or if she wants any of the blocks swapped out. I think my purple is too dark - it shows up as black in pics I have sent her, so she is doubting my color choices. This is what I get for asking her what pattern and colors she would like! Hoping that it will get her more interested in quilting, so that once her kids are bigger (currently 3 and 1), she will jump in with me! :)

Have several in the pile that I need to quilt and am trying to determine what pattern to quilt on them. I have a t-shirt quilt top done for our son and I am thinking about quilting cursive words across it, but don't want to get too mushy. Thinking since it is cursive, most people will just see the texture. I just feel the need to wrap him in some positive words. What do you think? Dorky?

Have a great day everyone! Hugs and prayers for everyone.

mpattylou
November 15th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I am making myself finish the dusting before I go downstairs to load a quilt on the long arm. I hate to clean, but am forcing myself to get it done before I can play. They are calling for snow here later today...we are still harvesting corn, so hope it doesn't accumulate. It is cold here and not much fun to be out unloading at the bins. Thurs was my day to run the grain cart from the field to the trucks. Tractor didn't have much of a heater, so I was an icicle most of the day. Sun is shining now...and that just makes the dust show up more...got to get back to it. Almost forgot...my quilting/cleaning tip of the day....I use warm & natural batting scraps as dust cloths...just add a bit of furniture polish....

songbird857
November 15th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Morning all :)
Late start this morning as I slept in (nice to do that once in a while!). I received my Modern Mountains quilt kit in the mail this morning!! I adore my mail carrier - she brought it to me nice and early :) I had to order the magazine with the pattern separately because it was from last January, but that should be coming by the beginning of the week. The fabric is exquisite - Stratford Park by Northcott (from the ebony and snow lines). I knew that I loved this fabric because I bought 2 FQ bundles earlier this year - so pretty - tonals and a couple of embroidered cottons too. I can't wait to start on the quilt after I finish up a few WIP's first :)
Not sure what today holds - no definite plans. Hubby is out and about, so I think I'll just putter around (my FIL is falling asleep on the couch at the moment ;)) until he gets back and see if he has any ideas for this beautiful day!!
Hope everyone has a great day today!

Navy Wife
November 15th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I'm taking a break from sewing at retreat. There are 15 of us here in Alabama. We have such a good time. There are no chores to do, meals appear like magic and dishes are whisked away and put in the dishwasher. Our hostess is a fantastic cook, and we all gain weight. I hate to see it all end tomorrow, but it will be time to start back home. I've worked on a quilt for great granddaughter and quilted a little on a table topper. I find it hard to get motivated sometimes. It's much more fun to watch the others and talk! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Linda

toggpine
November 15th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Meli - I sometimes do that. I have everything in there I need, but I don't go into the sewing room for a month or more. It's like I used up all my fabric/sewing mojo and have to give it a break. Then when I finally get back in there, either because I HAVE to, to get something done or because I just want to putter; I wonder why I stayed out so long.

Lisa - Have you heard of "Life's Little Instruction Book"? It has short little sentences and helpful hints for life. Things like "Sing in the Shower. Say 'Please' a lot. Say 'Thank You' a lot." And my favorite, "Call your Mother." That might be something fun to work with on your son's quilt.

Em stayed @ Nana's last night and will get to hang wither today. They have been missing each other since school started. She used to spend at least one night a week with her during the summer. They both miss it, even Grandpa misses having her 'under foot'.

I need to wind a fresh bobbin and finish off the quilting on Jaiden's Urban Cabin quilt. Then I can hand sew the binding while watching TV. Next stop - Mom's SnowDay quilt top!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs, Cathy

Carrie J
November 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Morning all! Ugh, very late start for the day, REALLY slept late today, guess the running around yesterday got to me, or was it the cat purring by my ear? Anyway, gotta gin and do something constructive, visit BFF and a pot of chili. Sewing is in the plans as well. Amy, NICE haul there, gotta love it! May, thanks for the weekend "Good Mornings". Hugs-n-Blessings to all and especially those that need them!

Sandy Navas
November 15th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Good morning everyone. Its going to be a cold, snowy day here in northwest Iowa. Good day to sew. Finishing up DS quilt. I decided to make something "frozen" (you know from the movie) so I have some fabric I'm going to cut into charms and make the two little girls another tote bag from them. I'd work the last 2quilts I have to do but they are for my DD and her daughter who may be coming over. The first thing they do is go look in my sewing room to see what I'm doing. Have to wait until Monday at least before working on them.

The thing I hate doing the most is cleaning the silver tea set. Guess what I have to do. Clean the tea set! Hubs said he'd help. That is a job for this weekend.

Last night we had DR s doggie over cause she was at her students musical. We laughed so hard at the two dogs antics. They ran outside and all around the yard. Came in nd went right back out and did it 5 more times. They came in just puffing. They were so cute.

Better get started. Hugs to everyone.

Mary, I wish you were right next door. I bought a can of spray on silver-cleaner and it works like MAGIC - but I don't need it. I'd give it to you in a flash.

Why don't you move down here??????????????

Sandy Navas
November 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I have a t-shirt quilt top done for our son and I am thinking about quilting cursive words across it, but don't want to get too mushy. Thinking since it is cursive, most people will just see the texture. I just feel the need to wrap him in some positive words. What do you think? Dorky?

I say 'GO FOR IT!'