PDA

View Full Version : Friday Busy's and laughs

Carrie J
November 14th, 2014, 09:06 PM
So much for thinking I'd get back to the house to get started on some cutting. BFF was supposed to be transferred today from Rockwall to the Commerce hospital, had some grocery shopping, laundry and decided to do some baking. At 2PM, called BFF, they had yet to even get the paperwork done for transfer. Told her, OK, call me when they leave your room with the paperwork, it'll take about another hour for the ambulance pickup. Sooooo, went and checked her mail, ran to the Vet where her pup is kennelled to love on him. Ran to the Dollar store (DH has broken all but 4 cheapie coffee mugs) to replace the mayhem of DH. Ran into a friend at Braums', looked at my watch and thought, "Crud, gotta get Bonnie's jammies and "everything she'll need" bag ready! Zoom off, get things packed, it's a little before 5PM. Get there, no Bonnie. So, visited with the folks I used to work with then thought, ok, gotta get home and cook. 40 minutes later, she calls and says where are you? Told her, home, why? She said, "Well, I just got here, and I need my stuff!" LOL, told her, Bonnie, look at the chair in the corner of your room, see the tan bag? Honey, that's where you stuff is. She said, the only thing there is a teddy bear, and it's ugly! I died laughing, could tell by her voice she was on Venus from the pain meds. Told her, "Bonnie, put your glasses on, it's your ditty bag Honey." Rustle, rustle, rustle, sigh.................OH FOR pity's sake Carrie! I'm so sorry!" Good laugh, then they delivered dinner to her. Tomorrow will be better for both of us I think, just glad she's back close to home, in good hands of friends we both worked with, and can visit her every day! I'm surprising her with a visit from her pup tomorrow, she'll be squealin' like a little girl! :D

Sandy Navas
November 14th, 2014, 10:33 PM
That is just way, way too funny. I'm so glad that she's at the rehab center though - and you've lost a whole lot of weight today just running around.

Carrie J
November 15th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Sandy, it's good to have her back so I can help and oversee things for her, and with regards to the loss of weight, ROFL, naaahhhhhh, sorry hit the chocolate HARD tonight!

Miss Sheri
November 15th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Whew, Carrie, your post had me giggling and feeling exhausted all at the same time! A visit with the pup sounds like a brilliant idea.

bubba
November 15th, 2014, 01:23 AM
I'm pooped just from reading about your day!!! Enjoy the chocolate!