PDA

View Full Version : Good Monday Morning

Blondie
August 15th, 2011, 05:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone

It's a brand new school year starting today here. I don't know whether to jump for joy and go back to bed once hubby leaves.

Yesterday was a decent day. We spent the afternoon down at Mom's having roast pork, sweet potatoes, green beans, etc for dinner. It was quite yummy. Mom made some kind of lemon dessert that I don't know the name of. My Sis resembled a vacuum cleaner while she was finishing each crumb. She is our lemon lover, bar none.
We did get another shower ~ Sandy, keep dancing. We have been getting lots of noise but not enough of the wet stuff. I am thankful for each and every drop. Just don't what it in my basement.

Will probably check in later, girls!

quilter.martha
August 15th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Morning Blondie:

It's raining here right now. Rain for the whole day I hear. It will be a good day to stay inside and sew and quilt. I am still working hard at finishing up the quilting on my fall table runner. I'm really hoping to have it finished by Labor Day so I can put it out. My left hand finger (the one under the quilt) gets so sore I have to stop for a few days to let it heal up. I absolutely have to feel that needle coming through the layers of the quilt. So it gets pricked all the time. But so far, no drops of blood on the quilt!

My mom came home from the hospital over the weekend. Thank you all for your prayers. She is doing much better but still has a ways to go to get back to normal. Thankfully she and my dad are in a retirement community, in independent living, but she was granted a temporary assisted living status until she is back on track. She has no recollection of being in the hospital. Maybe that's a good thing, not sure.

So everyone have a great day. Get lots of sewing done!

Sandy Navas
August 15th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Blondie, I'm dancing! See our weather map shows we're in for more rain here. I'm bottling it up and sending some your way. Knowing you I'm sure you are up and at'em this morning and aren't snuggled back in that bed.

Martha, I'm so glad your Mom's back home. It is so difficult being so far away and knowing that they are fading in so many ways. It must be so difficult for your Dad, but hopefully some assistance will guide him through her immediate care and ease the load for him.

Woke up way too early this morning and think I'm going to follow Blondie's advice and hit the sack. Al's still snuggled in so I may be able to get a few minutes of shut-eye before starting my day.

Hugs, prayers, warm wishes and RAIN for everyone!!

Bubby
August 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Good Monday everyone....I'm up too early this morning also and plan to turn back in and see if I can get a little more sleep. DH stayed home from work today with what he thinks is tonsilitis. Around here it takes so long to get in to see a doctor you will either be well or dead by the time you get in...seriously!! So, for the most part we doctor ourselves unless it's something big.

Martha, so happy to hear your Mom was able to come home...what a hard time this is for your family. My prayers go out to you.

Wishing everyone a good Monday....Barb

Loonwatcher
August 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Good Morning,

We've got rain to. We were just notified the other day that the fire dept in the town where our camp is has had to close off the spigot they have to provide drinkable water for the campers at the lake due to low levels in the reservoir. I think the reservoir is our lake. Our camp water comes from the lake so it's not drinkable. Now we'll have to bring our water from home but both our big water coolers are up at camp - road trip!

Martha, glad you mom is improving. It's tough when our parents age. Both mine are DH's are gone to take advantage of every day you have.

Better get to work. Have a great day,

bec
August 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Good Morning! It looks like we might get some more rain today. I spent a couple of hours yesterday picking up sticks and limbs out of the yard from Saturday night's storm. I don't mind a little rain, but I can do without the severe stuff. Blondie, I hope you get some more rain soon - I'll leave the dancing to Sandy. She's probably better at it than I am. :)

I need to run to the grocery today and then get home and can peppers (never did get around to that). I also need to work on the quilt, but am still trying to make up my mind whether I want to wave the edge and how I want to quilt the border. DH says he'll help me decide. I think he wants to make sure it's not too girly. :)

Martha, I know what you mean about the finger getting sore. My has been pricked so much that it is rough and callused. I can'twait to see your table runner. Your work is always so beautiful. I'm glad to hear that your mom is out of the hospital...a prayer that she returns to normal quickly.

School starts today in my area, too. This is my 3rd school year that I'm not having to get up at 5:30am to go to school. I love it! Some people get bored when they retire...not me! I always have plenty to do...like quilt, visit the MSQC website, and a little work now and then, haha! I wonder how I ever worked and got anything else done!

Have a wonderful day!

Granny Judy
August 15th, 2011, 09:09 AM
What's up with everyone getting here so early?? Even ME!! :icon_wave:

I wore myself out yesterday with yard work..preping the front yard flower beds (4) for bulbs I ordered. Cleaned off the fence with its "wild" vine growth. (where do those things come from?) Sprayed Round-UP along the fence. Put down newspaper, wetted it and arranged the blocks/rocks to make sure it all stays down. Getting rid of weeds and grasses the GREEN way.

Went and picked up my box of fresh peaches that my friend brought me from his Trip to the southern tip of Illinois..They are perfect for CANNING. He lives 20 minutes from here..and after riding 3 hours there & 3 hours back, I thought I'd give him a break and do a little riding myself. I had wanted 2 boxes, but am happy with anything fresh and done without pesticides. There is still the Farmer's market on the week ends for other garden fresh veggies & fruit. They are just a bit pricey for the quality..gotta watch what is put in the bottom of their containers, tho!

Weather is certainly comfortable and cooler here in Central IL. So DD worked on the back yard. triming and mulching around the tiered ground that surrounds the garage. We live on a hill.

This is the paddle wheel, Spirit of Peoria.. did a 2 hour sight-seeing tour and called this a full week end.

pisceslibra
August 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
good morning everyone hope everyone has a great day hoping to order fabric this week i am wanting to do something so bad hopefully i will be able too

oldgurl4
August 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Morning Ladies and Gents
I'm sneaking off from work to say "HELLO"...hee-hee

We got all the rain and lightning show this past weekend.
Today looks nice and Sunny.

I'm gonna miss no traffic in the mornings once school starts next week cause all that will change.
AGAIN....

TTYL

Snow White Theme song:
"I owe, I owe, so Off to work I gooooo"

quiltingtrish
August 15th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I'm back from the land of the camper-ground beach life. WOW - I could seriously do that everyday in the summer! Sitting around working on handwork, chatting and laughing with girlfriends is the way to go. Our day at the beach on Friday was absolutely perfect in weather - picture perfect skies and beautiful blue water. Darkened up my tan a tad so I'm ready to head back to school. I have to go in for one day on the 25 - have that Friday off and then the kiddos start on the 29th. Ready or not - have to go earn that paycheck.

Today - cleaning out the car and getting some wash done. It just started pouring rain so I guess getting my things in from the car will have to wait. Ok by me.

Haven't heard anything from Odie since last week saying they had a delay in leaving Mongolia. All we know is they are to be back in the States by the 17th and that is Wednesday so I just turn it over to The Big Guy and know he is ok.

Well - off to sit and see what I've missed while I was away for a few days. I'm hoping there are some newly completed projects for me to drool over. Looks like we were typing at the same time Oldgurl!

Hugs,

oldgurl4
August 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
:icon_wave:Heyyyy...Your BACK!!!!
For a moment there I thought I might have to send the Coast Guard searching For Ya....LOL

Sit!! I'll made some Coffee...
We have a New BABY in THe House Awwww---He's sooo HANDSOME TOO!
Ohhh! and Sandy went International On Us Too!!...It's a Long Storyy!!
Uuuuhhh and Rhonda.....
Well....Just Read Awayyyy..

I'll TTYL

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy LATER!!!
I'm at work... Ooopsss!! forgot about THAT!! (COMINGGG!!)

LATER!

I'm back from the land of the camper-ground beach life. WOW - I could seriously do that everyday in the summer! Sitting around working on handwork, chatting and laughing with girlfriends is the way to go. Our day at the beach on Friday was absolutely perfect in weather - picture perfect skies and beautiful blue water. Darkened up my tan a tad so I'm ready to head back to school. I have to go in for one day on the 25 - have that Friday off and then the kiddos start on the 29th. Ready or not - have to go earn that paycheck.

Today - cleaning out the car and getting some wash done. It just started pouring rain so I guess getting my things in from the car will have to wait. Ok by me.

Haven't heard anything from Odie since last week saying they had a delay in leaving Mongolia. All we know is they are to be back in the States by the 17th and that is Wednesday so I just turn it over to The Big Guy and know he is ok.

Well - off to sit and see what I've missed while I was away for a few days. I'm hoping there are some newly completed projects for me to drool over. Looks like we were typing at the same time Oldgurl!

Hugs,

toggpine
August 15th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi!
Not much new to report here. School won't start for us until Sept 6. Will have to go and buy some new school jeans. She has certainly grown since I bought her last pairs!
I get to go trim the hair out of goat ears this morning. I need the milk tester to be able to read the milkers' tattoos, and the kids need to have their tattoos put in. They seem to be less afraid of the clippers later in life, if I clip the ears a few days before I tattoo them. I ought to be sufficiently hairy by the time I finish. Blondie, I don't know how you do it. All of those pokey little hairs in your clothes all day would drive me nuts. I have a special set of clothes just for clipping. The worst is when it gets in the bra! UGH! Ok, that was probably more than you all needed to know.
I'm going to the barn now....
Cathy

sally
August 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hey all. Sounds like many of us are getting rain or cooler weather. I am not a big heat lover so this is a fine day. Can get some stuff done when i get home from work. Had a great weekend. Went camping and fishing. I caught 3 nice white fish in the river and sadly my DH caught none. This is usually not the case...in fact I rarely catch anything in rivers. So I am pretty pleased. Can't wit to tell my bro. My Dh filleted them and cooked the for supper with fresh garden carrots while I made a huckleberry pie with the berries we picked. So all in all a great weekend. Take care everyone!

sally
August 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
PS...our kids don't go back to school until Sept 6 th. but they stay in school until the end of June.

Txgrandma
August 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'm the late one again, just can't seem to get on here as early as everyone else. Our school starts today also, this year it's our DIL going, to start her student teaching. Just found out earler this morning that they switched her around on the schools. She was supposed to be at two of the better ones in town. One in the morning and then another in the afternoon. She just found out at the last minute that one of them has been switched to the worst school in town. The age group is 7th and 8th graders, she is a bit nervous about it, so please keep her in your prayers that everything goes well for her. She is due to graduate in December if she can get through the student teaching. She has been on so many honor rolls and inducted into so many societies we can't keep track of them all.
I also got a call this morning and my machine is ready to come home, so it's going to be a very quick trip to town and home to get that baby to purring. Went to Joann's yesterday and bought fat quarters for another project, got them cut last night. That makes 5 projects that I have waiting to be finished. More fabric should be in the mailbox so that makes 6. We got a very small sprinkling of rain yesterday just enough to see a few spots on my patio. I think I'm going to have to join Sandy in the dancing but please no one watch, it's not a pretty sight. LOL Everyone have a great day. I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful sewing machine wizard.

Txgrandma
August 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
P. S. Martha I'm glad your mom got to come home from the hospital, her and your dad will continue to be in my prayers.

meemeecyn
August 15th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Happy Monday!As Martha mentioned it is pouring in NH. Cooler, though and we do need the rain.

Can not believe school has already started in some places! Wow...that is early.

Martha, glad to hear your Mom is back home. I've been away a few days so didn't know she had troubles. Isn't it something when the roles reverse??? She is lucky to have you!

Happy Quilting, Everyone!
Cynthia

Good to hear from you, Judy! Hope you have fully recovered from your surgery. Have missed you!

Mimis-quilts
August 15th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Morning Blondie:

My left hand finger (the one under the quilt) gets so sore I have to stop for a few days to let it heal up. I absolutely have to feel that needle coming through the layers of the quilt. So it gets pricked all the time. But so far, no drops of blood on the quilt!

\! I know exactly what you are saying, I prick my finger so much that it really hurts! I've tried using a thimble on that finger, I've tried bandaids, but nothing seems to work, so I, like you, have to take a break from it from time to time!