• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Tuesday!

It's Tuesday, Folksies!

In the USA, it is mid term election day. I betcha I am not the only one that is looking forward to the end of political calls, ads . . .

Yesterday I was able to hold up and get just about everything on my to do list done. I even made some chocolate chip cookies for this morning. Tuesday have become a very special date day for me. My middle son's BFF comes over on tuesday mornings to watch The Walking Dead with me. Hubs and Josh won't watch with me and Ricky is like another son to me. Last week I made cinnamon coffee cake; today it will be choc chips. Told hubby that he would have to leave the room and let Ricky and I have our Walker date. lol.

I am thinking of making another Bonnie Hunter design quilt. Need to take some time to browse and drool. Actually, think I am going to pull out all my books and mags and take my time. I am good at that.

Gracie, my sweet little chi chi has taken to running down the stairs now to the basement. She has always been curious about what happens down there - my kitty Dinah never approved of - D O G 's - wellsir, yesterday while stitching at my machine Gracie jumped up in my lap. Not quite my dinah kitty, no purrs, just a fat chi that loves the expanse of my lap. the funny thing is, she can run down those steps in a heartbeat. Going up? Not so good. Her fat little belly kindly drags. lol. good exercise but the very tip top step is a just enough taller than the others to make her unable to hop up.

Off to check my email; then drool over online quilts before I get out to vote. Blessings, hugs and loads of SMILES to each one here.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Grandma Nan
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2014

Re: Tuesday!

Good morning Blondie and everyone else
    I'm up and going early today. Usually Tuesday is my marathon sewing day; I sew for a while at home, then go to sew heart pillows (for people who have just had open heart surgery) and then come home and sew for the rest of the day.

Today is a different routine. My dad has a doctors appointment today and asked me to stay with my mom while he goes. Then at noon here hairdresser is coming over to the house to do her hair for her. I had planned already to be there for that in case she needed help but now it looks like I may be there for the whole day. I am planning to pack up my travel machine so I can at least get a little of my sewing done in between events.

I have several projects on the go. Yesterday I made all the squares for a "yellow brick road" so I need to sew it together today. If you read the story with the DD today I laughed a lot. I am feeling very righteous about my yellow brick road quilt as I made it from my own stash of fat quarters I bought at the M*QC when I was at the retreat. I was bragging about that quilt top "to date" has only cost $18 plus Missouri tax. I was also forgetting about the entire duffel bag of other fat quarters I have in the closet so it wasn't entirely a deal. Anyway I will have to purchase some border but I am shocked how big the twin size Yellow Brick Road turns out. I will post a picture once I get it sewn together, hopefully today.

Once again I want to praise the customer service at the M*QC. I just sent in 3 quilts for quilting and we had communication about one of the quilts. They phoned and we exchanged emails. They were so concerned that I was happy with the job they were doing. This company is a fine example of very personalized customer service. Thanks M*.

Well I need to keep rolling and get my projects packed up to hit the road. Hope everyone has a blessed day filled with lots of quilting, chocolate, fabrics, shopping, giving to others and most of all SMILES.
    Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone. Life is great just not sure bacon is awesome. I like bacon but not with everything.

I got my package sent away yesterday for the mystery sister ornament swap and realized that I left OUT the little note I had written. I guess I will have to send her a card with the little note.

I got a little quilting in as well. Then I decided sewing room needed a cleaning. Discovered little mousie has been to visit. Well nothing to report in the trapline this morning. Thank goodness.

I have a dr's appointment this morning. And I have a meeting tonight. A little more quilting might get done this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day friends.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

It's raining and pouring this morning. Dottie loves the garden hose in her face full force all summer but she shudders at the thought of having to go potty in the rain. She tests the grass with one paw, jerks it back like she got burned, and that's it until the rain stops. It's going to be a long day. Olive runs out like a little trooper.

Yes, today is mid-term election day. We will vote after Jeff gets off work today.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Madeforyouinma11
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2012

Good morning everyone.
          Well yesterday was spent bringing Benny to Petco for a De Skunking bath and cleaning my house. He had a great spa day while I worked my butt of getting rid of the skunk smell in the house...lol He had a bath, a good brushing, nails clipped, ears cleaned, teeth brushed AND he had a blueberry facial. Since he get sprayed in the face, the last two were very important.
          My house looks and smells great so today will be all mine in my sewing room. I even made enough shephards pie last night for dinner so we can have it again tonight, so no cooking.
          I will be finishing up my M* ornaments today and mailing them out tomorrow. Then I will work on my fleece/flannel throws.
          Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
          Blondie, enjoy your Walker date...great show..hubby and I are behind and need to catch up.
          Cil
          A quilt is a blanket of love
          http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
          http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

• Mpyles
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2013

Good morning, I am grateful it's Tuesday as my Monday absolutely sucked! Then I came home and worked on putting the last block in my prairie rose quilt top.....only to realize 2 are in the the wrong spots....grrr so I will be frogging tonight. Trying to get it done and bordered so I can take it to the LQS and quilt it. It's 108x 108 so toooooo big for me and my machine I think.

It's gonna rain most of the day here I do believe! Everyone have a good day!
            Mary
            SW Missouri

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

Morning. Up early today and I'm hoping that will make this a productive day. It's another rainy one, and a little chilly this morning.

Voting Day! In Washington it's all done by mail so ours was filled out and sent in last week. I miss going to the polls.

Love your Walking Dead date Blondie! I've watched a few seasons of that, and NEVER alone. Stuff like that startles me when I watch alone LOL! Enjoy. (and send me your chocolate chip cookie recipe, please!)

I got deeply in to organizing my linen closet yesterday and now have a HUGE pile for donating. This makes me want to move on to other closets and dressers.....this is how it begins. Shouldn't this be happening in Spring? Ugh!

Off for another cuppa and warming up this house a bit. Have a wonderful day.....hugs/prayers if you want/need!
              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• Amy R
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2014

My hubby likes that show too, I refrain. He's a year behind as we don't have cable. He watches it on netflix and threatens doom on anyone who ruins the current season LOL!!
                I got a baby or small pet top sewed up yesterday, it will be my first item specifically for sale. Crazy!
                Hoping the hub's human resource lady comes through with her intent for me to make a tshirt quilt out of her son's football shirts. That would be my first commission!! (besides my sister's specific gift requests :P)
                Last night was portobello/egg/mozzarella breakfast wraps with a side of a few french fries.
                Tonight will be pork steak and sautéed sliced potatoes. I never knew what pork steaks were until I moved to Ohio. Wow smack my mouth good!! Helped Ohio eventually grow on me
                Hoping everyone has a good day full of fun fabric chocolate chip cookies and whatever else it takes to smile!
                We're counting the days until we get to go to NC for turkey day.
                sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

• buckeyequilter
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Checking the forum and thinking about what I need to get done today, I might even make a list - just so I can cross things off

I'm still working on the Night Sky quilt but I did start quilting a Christmas wallhanging...so I can switch back and forth and because I need to get some Christmas stuff done.

We'll go vote after work and now that reminds me of the census I need to fill out....the census guy paid us a visit on Saturday to remind us to fill it out.

Well need to go make that list....have a great day!
                  Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                  I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• MayinJerset
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2012

Good Tuesday morning and hope today is a more productive one for me Long story short, we had an early afternoon car recall repair appointment only to get to dealership to find our they don't have the parts. Plans were to have lunch, food shop and then pick up the repaired car but that went out the window and by the time we returned home it was too late to get anything constructive done.

Sewing this morning, this afternoon voting, stop at post office to mail my Christmas ornaments. then big food shopping. Tonight is small book/quilt group meeting so I need to pick up something for a quick early dinner - haven't had hamburgers is awhile so that might be it. I can have a small burger and some salad and not feel stuffed when I go to the meeting. That is if I feel like eating dinner. Had a badly upset stomach last night and not feeling like breakfast this morning. Very usual for me but this happened a few weeks ago and I think it was because both times my after dinner snack was some no sugar oatmeal cookies I picked up for DH. Something about foods labeled no sugar seem to upset my stomach, the sugar substitute is worse that the real sugar. Another cup of coffee is needed right about now, coffee never upsets my stomach to be sure.

Comment

• BobW
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2014

Today will be somewhat busy for me. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon. I need to vote. Several other errands.

I sewed late last night. I worked until 12:30 this morning. I am doing a block of the month and was three months behind. I had cut the block out a week or so ago. I got it pieced and now I am only two blocks behind.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2010

Good Morning, EVERYONE!!

Got my first cuppa down and it sure is good. Got to spend yesterday morning with a Super Star and truly enjoyed our little visit. Always good to visit in Hamilton and even have a nice burger for lunch at J's. We were concerned about rain along the way but managed to escape it all - but not the high winds. They have truly been fierce around here.

I would love to be sewing today and may get a few stitches in here and there. If I can finally get the binding sewn on my gigantic autumn quilt I can at least do the hand-stitching on it in the evenings. I have so many things in the works that I get confused and sometimes just stand and stare at the projects, turn on my heel and leave the room. Guess that's because I know I need to give some special attention to a few rooms that need a thorough cleaning/decluttering.

Sis mentioned she may be making a trip to a LQS today and has invited me to ride along. Her schedule always depends upon her farmer hubby's harvesting plans. I just go with the flow. Like this shop because they quite often have $7 a yard backing fabric! I've never been disappointed.

Better shake a leg and see what's up with the rest of the world. Till then, well just keep smiling . . . Blondie sez.
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Blondie
                          Missouri Star
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                          Something about foods labeled no sugar seem to upset my stomach, the sugar substitute is worse that the real sugar. Another cup of coffee is needed right about now, coffee never upsets my stomach to be sure.
                          You are not alone with that condition May. My BIL is a diabetic and craves sweets but hoo boy, does the sugar subs make he and my Sis sick in their tummy. Hope you feel better!!!
                          Sewing mends the soul.
                          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Bubby
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2011

Sugar substitutes make me sick, too. Why are they so hard on the stomach? I use Stevia at home and never have an issue, but SF candy kills me.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Carrie J
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2014

Morning All! Coffee is almost ready, going to enjoy that, then get ready to go vote, then the rest of the day is MINE, MINE, MINE! it's going to rain like a monsoon here today, and am hoping to get to the polls before the Heavens open! Oh, but I so enjoy luxuriating over that first cup.............
                              Finishing the QAYG top, yeah, right after I do some frogging on it, last 13 x 52 strip I put on BACKWARDS, LOL, the dreaded amphibian got me again! So, that will be done first, then the backing and serpentine stitching. WHOOP! Helping the BFF with a super yard sale, will be 4 families, and we're all hoping it will be successful. It's been a week of tagging, master listing, making aprons, signs, etc, etc. Will be glad when this monster is over! What's left will be donated to My Sister's Closet. Thank goodness, when we close, we just call and they come and pick all the goodies up. Win, win all around. Oops, just got the coffee holler, so Hugs-n-Blessing to all, and especially those that need them! Have a great one!
                              What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X