• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

OYE it's Thursday

Good morning friends. I am still not getting into my sewing groove here. I don't know what is wrong with me. My dinner party got canceled last night. My friend and neighbour came over anyway and had dinner with me which was nice.

A cousin of Les' called yesterday about making a quilt for her granddaughter who wants one for Christmas. Hmmm, not much time here. She is supposed to come over today and I mentioned I had one in the works that I really don't care for and if she wanted it, she could have it to finish. We will see if she takes it.

I really need to get my mo-jo going.

And about mousecapades? Yes I have another one. I think tonight I will have to put the mousetrap right on the counter.

Have a great day everyone.

Blondie insists that we all SMILE

smile.jpg
    Last edited by Monique; October 30, 2014, 05:55 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: OYE it's Thursday

Good Morning,

We will be leaving before long for Jeff's doctor appointment. We have to drive about an hour or so to get there. We are hoping there will be something they can do for him short of surgery. He needs both shoulders, knees and hips replaced. If he gets his knees done he will no longer be able to do his job because he won't be able to kneel, especially on concrete. We will see what the doctors say today.

It's blustery and late Fall is in the air. It seems the weather always turns cold and windy for Halloween.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• irishrn
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2010

Good morning all!!
      Yesterday was recuperation day after our long day Tuesday at the hospital. DH has done well, no chest pain and no bleeding from his cath site. But he sure is grumpy!! Lying flat after the procedure didn't do his chronic back pain any good so he was sore most of the day! Decided to try a chili recipe I got as he loves chili and I have never made it!
      He ate it for dinner and said " I appreciate the effort but that wasn't the kind of chili I like!!"
      Not sure where to go with that other than he thought it had too many beans!!
      But today he is allowed outside and it's suppose to be a nice day, so perhaps he will be in a better mood!
      Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Smile for Blondie!!!
      sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

• MayinJerset
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

What's with our DHs lately? They all need us to take them to doctor's for visits, exams, tests, etc., mine too. Let's pray and hope all are doing better next week.

Got some laundry going and waiting to hear back from cousin about today's Granny Lunch meeting. Left a message yesterday to let me know restaurant name, location and time to meet. I was half asleep when she called back last night when DH handed me the phone, can't decider what I wrote down. Called her around 8:30 this morning but she didn't answer the phone and knowing her she must be out somewhere doing something. Would have been easy to find out if I had her cell phone #,

Monique do you have any idea how the mice are getting into your house? We had a mouse problem years ago in an apartment we rented, found a small hole in the wall of the kitchen cabinet, DH nailed a flat piece of metal over the hole and no more mice.
        Last edited by MayinJerset; October 30, 2014, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Amy R
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2014

Awww Irishrn, everyone's a critic eh? He would definitely hate my chili it's all great northern/cannelini beans no meat. I hope he starts feeling better soon a grumpy hubs is no fun.
          Monique, sending you good thoughts for more sewing mojo.
          Bubby, hope everything turns out ok for both you and the Mr.

It's getting chillier here too, and looks like rain for Halloween. That is frightening as little one's princess headpiece is cardboard/paper/ric arc and that would be a disaster. I may just have to make her wear the chicken head. Or just a hood. Or actually *lightbulb* a dang umbrella.
          Growing up in upstate NY I don't ever remember a Halloween it didn't either snow/sleet or rain.
          Having dinner block for tonight's special. I'm thinking a pasta dish. Hoping something cool will come to me.
          I am in much better spirits than earlier in the week, very thankful for that.
          Sending thoughts and prayers to all.
          sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2010

Mail Attachment (1).jpeg

Kind of a gloomy atmosphere around here - so I guess it's just a gloomy-type day. Only thing I'm down about is the fact that our KC Royals were whipped in their shoes last night. But they held their own. That Bumgarner is a force to be reckoned with.

I'm ignoring some things that need to be done to 'straighten up and clean' today. Guess what I'm going to be doing!!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• toggpine
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2009

Off to help the children pick out books for the day! Our school still does the Reading Is Fundamental program. Three times a year the kids get to pick books to keep.
              I had better get a move on as all of the morning chores around the farm need to be done before the school bus arrives this morning!
              Made great progress on the fusing and cutting of the snowmen faces for this quilt. Amy Bradley Designs Snow Day Sew Day Quilt Pattern : Holiday I hope Mom likes it. I'm making it in the blue color way.

Gotta go get my fix of caffeine and caprines before I hit the showers and head to school!
              Have a great day and be the reason somebody smiles today!
              Hugs, Cathy
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• auntiemern
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2012

Good morning all. I had to get up early to go to DD's. She is working early today, so I had to be there with the kiddo's. Got them up and out the door without arguing. Bubby's grumpy lasts about a minute, then he is a happy camper. Kenz was pretty good too. Tweaked my back doing something there, so I need to take a muscle relaxer, and go back to be for a bit. Hoping the rest helps my back, and I can get a good bit of sewing done the rest of the day. Prayers for Jeff, and the rest of the DH's that all seem to be falling apart. Special hugs and prayers for those that are going through some real hard trials right now. Smiling for Blondie. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need,
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Good morning all! I'm at the car dealership getting my last free oil change for my 2 year old car. Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

My sis and her hubby were here from Sat. To Tuesday. They spent time with his family til Monday afternoon, then with our brother and me til they left Tuesday afternoon. We went to a park near where my sister and I attended HS, they now have a beautiful walking trail nearby, right along the banks of the Mississippi, it was just lovely with the beautiful fall colors, gentle breeze and the River rolling by. I'm going back there soon, even though it is pretty far away from my house, but it was just so pleasant!

Working on getting just the right things for my play. I went shopping with my leading lady to find tops. It's hard to find spring tops ( month the play is set in) when you are shopping in late Oct. we didn't have a whole lot of success. We'll just have to make do with what we have, I suppose.

No quilting since last week. I'm working on nun veils now for two different special events. Here's Sister Jean!

image.jpg

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]90898[/ATTACH]

Kind of a gloomy atmosphere around here - so I guess it's just a gloomy-type day. Only thing I'm down about is the fact that our KC Royals were whipped in their shoes last night. But they held their own. That Bumgarner is a force to be reckoned with.

I'm ignoring some things that need to be done to 'straighten up and clean' today. Guess what I'm going to be doing!!
                    Not really whipped in their shoes! They did anything but roll over and play dead! They were a threat till the very last out! KC should be proud of what they achieved! And they are an honorable group of fans and team players! There were riots and shootings in SF to celebrate. What's up with that?

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2011

Monique you have mice, Don has a polar bear! lol He finally got a text through and that's the message he sends me. "Polar bear spotted on the pad! No crews can go out at this time! Love you" I'd hope not! But really, finally something goes through and that's the news I get. A polar bear is right where you're going to start working this morning! Seriously though they have look out towers just for that.

Barb, prayers that things come out the best way for Jeff. That's a lot of possible surgeries.

Prayers for all that are hurting and in poor health, seems that we have quite a few suffering right now. Healing light heading their way as well.

Tomorrow Kat's driving me to HL to look at Xmas trees since they are having a sale. We used an old second white tree that was decorated for the peeps in are old house that Kat kept last year. It's really not my taste as a "main" tree and since we can now afford to get a new one, I'm doing it. lol Getting a 7 1/2' tall, slim with lights to with next to the fireplace and still have room for the chair to be next to it.

I'm actually looking forward to Xmas this year...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Carrie J
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2014

Morning All! Nice little chill in the air here today, 42 this morning, and long awaited for an extra blanket! Got a late start, but nothing on the agenda other than a couple of chores, setting up the crockpot (white chili/chicken) and sewing on the latest quilt. Love that DP9. Will tackle more organization in the afternoon. Right now it's coffee, and enjoying the sunshine streaming thru the windows. I can look out and see my Big Blue morning glories that are in full flower attire, so pretty! I love blue in the garden!

Sister Jean, great job! Your walk sounds lovely, and hope all goes well with play! Sorry about KC (Sandy that goes out to you as well!), nothing like our fave teams that worked so hard to not make the mark! As they say, next year!
                        Monique, hope that mojo comes back quick for you and you get rid of all the meeces soon! UGH!
                        Hope the "grump" and "health" issues with DH's resolve quickly. It seems to by cyclical sometimes, ya know?

Off for coffee, then gin around and get my day started. Hugs-n-Blessings to all and especially to those that need them!
                        What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2013

Good Morning! The power went out for a little bit yesterday afternoon so I didn't get any sewing done. I was able to work on cutting out some fabric for potholders.

The sun is shining here and I can see the leaves falling off the trees as I look out the window. A lot of our trees are bare now. With as cold as it is, you can tell winter is on it's way. The high tomorrow is only suppose to be 45 degrees. Talk about the change from almost 80 we had this past weekend.

I'm headed to work later. Then planning a nice quiet evening in. I might get some sewing done after the kiddos go to bed depending upon how tired I am. This few hours of daylight has put me in a hibernation mood already this year.

Hugs to those who are hurting.

Have a great day everyone
                          Last edited by Simply Quilting; October 30, 2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Mpyles
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2013

Yes the boys in blue put up a valiant fight! I screamed and hollered my way to the end...when Gordon hit third I was yelling go home go home! I do believe he would have made it...they were that shook up.....sigh.....I was thinking I hope they do well again next year....I was 21 in 1985( I was literally partying)...... Hope to see them back at the top again soon! Watching them brought back great memories...and made some new ones with my son...
                            Mary
                            SW Missouri

Comment

• Monique
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                              What's with our DHs lately? They all need us to take them to doctor's for visits, exams, tests, etc., mine too. Let's pray and hope all are doing better next week.

Got some laundry going and waiting to hear back from cousin about today's Granny Lunch meeting. Left a message yesterday to let me know restaurant name, location and time to meet. I was half asleep when she called back last night when DH handed me the phone, can't decider what I wrote down. Called her around 8:30 this morning but she didn't answer the phone and knowing her she must be out somewhere doing something. Would have been easy to find out if I had her cell phone #,

Monique do you have any idea how the mice are getting into your house? We had a mouse problem years ago in an apartment we rented, found a small hole in the wall of the kitchen cabinet, DH nailed a flat piece of metal over the hole and no more mice.
                              May, this home is an old log home with no basement, just basically sitting on the ground. LOTS of places for them to come in.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X