PDA

View Full Version : Strange shipping

Papa
October 29th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I placed an order on the 27th and got confirmation at 4:07 pm. On the 28th I got a e-mail with a tracking number at 3:11pm. The tracking number said the order was picked up at 4:39pm, arrived in Kansas City at 6:52pm and was back in Hamilton at 8:01pm where a shipping label was created. That is a very strange timeline. The order now states it will be delivered Friday.

I am not upset but just confused as to what is going on. Thought I would post this in case someone from MSQ needed the information.

If this post shows up with emoticons, I did not put them there. There should be zeros where there are emoticons.

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I think someone's clock skipped a beat. Strange, right?

MarianneK
October 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
This is the goofy workings of the USPS! I've had weird things show up on tracking loads of times from a variety of different senders.

K2Harman
October 29th, 2014, 03:37 PM
USPS tracking has the innate ability to make your head spin. I have seen packages come into the town I work in, literally 10 minutes from my house. Get sent over an hour north to the distribution center to come back to the same town I work in and go over to the town I live in for delivery. Why is it necessary to send a package through the same post office twice??? This is NOTHING MSQC has done, they are great about packing and shipping things. It's just the wacky way USPS tracks things.

Papa
October 29th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I am not sure where the fault lies. If I mail a letter to my neighbor, it goes to the local post office where it is put on a truck and sent 170 miles away to be sorted and returned to the local post office for delivery. It has been that way since they closed most of the local sorting facility. It took 2hrs and 13min to get to KC and be scanned but only 1hr and 9min for it to return to Hamilton, be unloaded and a label put on that should have been there when it left the first time. I will ask my carrier about it when he delivers.

vchale
October 30th, 2014, 02:16 AM
It could just have to do with the label being ordered and printed and the package might not have left Hamilton

kensington
October 30th, 2014, 03:32 AM
The post office issues an update when they get a computer order to pick it up from M*, and then again when the package is scanned at actual pickup and again before it leaves Hamilton on the truck to KC. One of the scanners just posted faster than the next one that scanned. I've seen it before. Nothing to panic about. LOL. It will be scanned again when it leaves KC and at each PO stop along the way to you.

Renate
October 30th, 2014, 04:04 AM
All over the world forwarders work in the same, for us uncomprehensible, way. Also here in Switzerland it is the same. I stopped thinking about this crazy pollutive way. Since brainless sorting machines replaced humans there are no longer the easy useful ways. It seems cheaper to carry goods useless through half of the Country instead of paying People safing natural recourses.

Papa
October 30th, 2014, 09:57 AM
The post office issues an update when they get a computer order to pick it up from M*, and then again when the package is scanned at actual pickup and again before it leaves Hamilton on the truck to KC. One of the scanners just posted faster than the next one that scanned. I've seen it before. Nothing to panic about. LOL. It will be scanned again when it leaves KC and at each PO stop along the way to you.

No panic. Just curious. Humans using electronics can do some strange things. They didn't have all the fancy electronics when I retired from the Post Office.

shirleyknot
October 30th, 2014, 10:52 AM
The USPS is the single most inefficient entity in the WORLD, and they keep wondering why they are going bankrupt.

Angelia
October 30th, 2014, 12:10 PM
The USPS is a wonderful thing--I am thankful have such a convenient (and relatively inexpensive) way to communicate with others.

Feel free to throw things! I really believe this.

bttyboopette
October 30th, 2014, 04:04 PM
here's one for ya! just sent this to my sister in CT. it took over a week to get there, and showed up like this. the plastic piece WAS a plate, that was the only piece of the plate left in there, there were 2 holes, it was open, a few things were missing also. ya gotta wonder......was Jim Carrey in character as Ace Ventura and kicked it between here and there...? 9092190922 :icon_heh:

redcaboose1717
November 1st, 2014, 11:43 PM
In the small town I live in ALL mail goes 35-40 miles north to our state capital.....Lansing MI .....many years ago, it ( the mail went thru our local post office right here in town.) Of course I realize this isn't mail you are talking about, I too have had problems with UPS & Fed-Ex......I had a package ( a sewing machine ) I mailed to my daughter in law via UPS ....the machine was one of my "older " ones, but still in great condition. When it arrived 13 days later.....it was smashed into hundreds of pcs.....thank goodness I insured the package, but still there's no reason for things like this to happen......

asta
November 2nd, 2014, 04:05 PM
So, did you get your order as scheduled on Friday? My last order is looking a lot like yours did and there have been no updates since early morning on Thursday. Expected delivery date in Monday, hope it comes soon, some things I need are in there (O.K. not need just want real bad).