• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Uh, it's Friday

Good Morning Ladies

It's Friday. There are birds all over my feeder this morning. The coffee is good. The format here has changed a bit. It is too early to mess with my head.
    All the above are random thoughts in my mind - and you thought I was a deep thinker.

Have a good day ladies.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Uh, it's Friday

Yes I see the format has changed. Change is good is it not? Did not do much yesterday. Did a little cleaning yesterday. Then I was invited to go for a bike ride. 4 wheeler. Had a great time and told her I would go again anytime. Don't want one of my own. I will continue quilting instead.

Today, ummm, well hubbie is going to the camp for the weekend. QUIET TIME!! QUILTING TIME!!

Have a wonderful weekend, my quilting friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Loonwatcher
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2011

Morning! After 3 nights not sleeping well due to the full moon, I've awaken with a head ache and slight sore throat. Called in sick because I just didn't have the energy to go to work. Breakfast has perked me up a bit. Just laying low today. Maybe I'll sew some, maybe I'll nap.

Have a great day. Prayers to those who need them.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• Mimis-quilts
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2011

This is day 3 of 3 at work, I hate working 3 in a row coz it feels like that is all I do for 72 hours...go to work, come home, sleep, go to work, come home, sleep, go to work, come home, and really sleep! I have one day off before going back to work on Sunday. But then I have 2 days off...quiet time and quilting time as DH works those 2 days! Hoping to get my patriotic blocks today and then I can start planning the quilt for my son. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a fab-tabulous weekend!
        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone...It's a beautiful day in my little corner of the world. Nancy and Sandy, take care of your throats/tonsils. At lease on the forum you can let your fingers do the talking for you.

I finished binding my wildly colorful quilt last night. I'll post it when DH has time to snap a pic for me. Since I have been sending my quilts to the LAQer I find they are harder to bind than when I hand quilted everything. I think it's because she uses a thicker batting than I ever did and when her stitches on the borders stop the fabric sort of flares up. I thought basting the edges together would hep, but not so much!

I hope you all have a wonderful day...everyone take care and I'lll check in with you later.....Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• quilter.martha
            Missouri Star
            • May 2011

Hello all. I've just gotten up from a 2 hour nap and it's only 9:50 in the morning! I was up at 3AM to get my DH down to Boston's airport for his flight to Haiti, and neither of us slept well before that alarm clock went off. I was still awake at midnight, so I maybe got 3 hours of sleep. So I got home and just fell back into bed for a couple of hours. I feel like I've been dragged behind the car for a while. Oh well, I can lay low today and take it easy.

We're having such beautiful weather right now. That fall feel is in the air. I love it. The night (or early morning) sky was so beautiful this morning. The moon is almost full and was shinning bright in the lower sky, stars were out twinkling--such a wonderful sight to see. One of God's great gifts to us, his creation.

Update on my mom--she's still in the hospital. Doctors think she was extremely dehydrated which caused her kidneys to slow way down, plus she has a bowl obstruction which they're working on. She has a ways to go before they'll let her go home. I talked with her for just a bit yesterday afternoon. She is so terribly confused, it breaks my heart. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad (I hope you all can understand that). My poor dad sounded totally wiped out. So, prayers would still be greatly appreciated.

Everyone have a great weekend, and get lots of quilting done!
            When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• sally
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2010

Martha my prayers are with yuur mom and for your Dad as well. Sandy and Nancy hope you feel well soon. Pat hang in there...days off coming soon. Barb, Monique and everyone else enjoy your day!
              sigpic
              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2010

Just a quick check in today - throat is better but I'm coughing and hacking and I don't like that. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. It's great to come here and see what everyone is up to and every morning I get my daily fix of friends, say a few prayers and get ready to start the day in earnest.

Headed to the sewing room today to redo all the BOM blocks from my local quilt guild. Wish me luck. I may shoot some comparison pictures and show you how bad the first ones were and how much I've improved.

Sending special prayers to Martha's family. I went to see my Mom the other day and she looked so small curled up in her bed. I miss sitting down and having a conversation with her but have to satisfy myself with seeing her eyes light up when I tell her I love her.

Hugs and prayers!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• twnkeyes
                  The Guild President
                  • Nov 2010

Hi Everyone! Just landed on U.S. soil, it's always good to be home or at least close, we have another 3 hours to go! Have been keeping up with all the news so didn't feel too out of touch. Have a great day!

Comment

• Mia
                    The Guild President
                    • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone......

My heart and prayers to all who need them. When I read of your mothers, my heart just aches for you. I miss mine so much and that never lessens as the years pass.
                    For all who are not feeling well or are just plain exhausted... go take a nap... lol. That's my solution for most ails.

I really need to get busy on that quilt I asked you all for advice on a few weeks ago... the wedding quilt. Howevvvvvver, I
                    am enjoying making these darn Farmer's Wife blocks so much, I can't seem to find the motivation to work on the one for the wedding.

I wish you all a blessed Friday...
                    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

• quilter.martha
                      Missouri Star
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Mia View Post
                      I am enjoying making these darn Farmer's Wife blocks so much, I can't seem to find the motivation to work on the one for the wedding.

Mia, post some pics of the blocks you've made so far. I'd love to see them! This sampler quilt interests me a lot. I think I have a soft spot for sampler quilts.
                      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Txgrandma
                        The Guild President
                        • Jul 2011

Oh yeah Blondie, love that coffee mug, I'm the same way, I drink my coffee for everyone's protection too, they just don't realize that. My hubbie made a sign once that read "Don't mess with the woman until she's had her coffee." I never was sure if it was a warning for everyone else or a reminder for himself. He's a morning person and I'm definitely not. LOL I'm a little late getting on here today but, decided to get housework done first or most of it anyway. I have noticed if I get on here first before I know it 2 or 3 hours have flown by and I've got nothing done. This forum is as addicting as the quilting. LOL It's a good addiction though. My plan for today is to get the backing for my two quilts layed out and cut and ready to sew together when my machine gets back from the doctor. Geez since I started this quilting and don't have my machine I feel like I'm at loose ends with nothing to do, that's terrible. Hehe I have everything cut that I need to work on except one and I'm waiting for that to come in the mail.
                        Sandy and Nancy hope you both feel better soon, get plenty of rest that always seems to help. Martha your mom and dad are both in my prayers. We are going through a similar thing with my hubbies dad as you are with your mom. We live about 8-9 hours away so every time we see him we notice a really big difference in his condition. It is heartbreaking to see them like that. Twnkeyes, welcome home, we are not that far away from each other and as you've noticed by now the heat or the drought either one has lessened since you left. Mia and Barb can't wait to see pictures of your projects. Everyone else have a great and blessed day.
                        Mary
                        A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

• pisceslibra
                          Rotary Pro
                          • Aug 2011

hope everyone has a great day i hope to get to the fabric store this weekend so i can start one of my frist quilts not sure which one i want to do yet but im going to keep it small and easy
                          There's nothing more exicting than starting a new project :D april

Comment

• Blondie
                            Missouri Star
                            • May 2010

Good Evening Ladies
                            Just getting the opportunity to sit down here and a SUDDEN thunderstorm has popped up - SANDY! it is RAINING and has fireworks. I am shutting down until to passes over.
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                              Missouri Star
                              • Dec 2010

My rain dance worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X