PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, wednesday, wednesday

Monique
August 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Ok BLONDIE WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everything is ok!!

WELL, did I ever make a big booboo. The black and white quilt that I have been working at very slowly. I came to realization yesterday morning that I had forgotten to attach the border! "kffjdfjjjffjjf" DUH!! So yesterday I cut off the excess and attached the border. It is a queen size quilt. Very large. I then had to take it to the community centre to straighten it all out. Phewwwww.

Today I will attend a wake with my mother-in-law. It was a cousin of my father-in-law. So no quilting today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :icon_wave:

meemeecyn
August 10th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oh, that is so frustrating. But like a dedicated quilter, you want it 'to be right'!! Sorry to hear about having to go to the wake. It is nice of you to go with your MIL.

Monique
August 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks Meemee!!

toggpine
August 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Morning!
I'm up before the sun here so I can head off to judge the Grays Harbor County fair this morning! Here is to hoping it goes better than last year! While waiting for the show to start we were looking through the Master Gardener's garden space. They yelled at us for being in there because the fair didn't open until 10AM. Like the plants cared that were were looking at them a half an hour early! It's not like we were in a building or even asking questions. It all went downhill from there. Like I said, here is to hope!
You all have a great day & I'll fill you in when I get back!
Cathy
P.S. Monique, have fun celebrating a life that was hopefully well lived!

sally
August 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Good morning ! Toggpine here's hoping the fair goes well and you have fun too!
Monique I can imagine your fustration with your quilt but it will be worth it.
Has nayone heard how Suzi eye surgery went?
I was able to sew some blocks last night. I get distracted though because I have all this material spead out on the bed in my sewing /guest room and keep thinking of what other quilts I want to make and keep playing with the matrial to see which looks best with what. I love the old 30/40 repoduction patterns and colors. Love the old calico prints as well. This quilting is an addition isn't it....
Take care and have a safe day!

Bubby
August 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I hope Kerstin read Monique's post....We ALL make mistakes from time to time....when that happens we figure out a way to fix it!!! Monique is a very experienced quilter and even she can make a boo-boo....I make them all the time....We are all learning...Barb

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Good morning !
Has nayone heard how Suzi eye surgery went?
Take care and have a safe day!

Suzi's eye surgery did not go well. I truly do not know all the particulars, but do know that she has severely blurred vision in the eye following the surgery. She has had several follow-up appointments and from what I can garner the results are not good and they are not offering her any hope of restoring the vision. Several of her friends have cried out for a second, third and even fourth opinion. From Suzi's DH's response, I think they are looking at further options . . . .

She truly needs our prayers and support.

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I hope Kerstin read Monique's post....We ALL make mistakes from time to time....when that happens we figure out a way to fix it!!! Monique is a very experienced quilter and even she can make a boo-boo....I make them all the time....We are all learning...Barb

I keep putting on binding and then realizing I haven't added the labels . . . . DUH!!

SuzyQue
August 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I am finally back online after a huge wind storm on Sunday afternoon. We were without electricity for way too long! We didn't suffer much damage to buildings, but lots of limbs, parts of trees, and sticks everywhere! Our trampoline went sailing into the neighbor's bean field, with 2 -- 65 pound weights attached. The winds were clocked at 95 mph and hit our house hard enough that I thought our windows were coming in. Our corn will suffer a loss with much of it laying on the ground now. Neighbors lost barns, roofs, and a grain bin...........so we are very blessed to be just having multiple days of stick parties! Living on a farm is a cheap gym membership! I ache in too many places to mention. No sewing, no quilting.................too much work to catch up on. Oh, I am not complaining.........just explaining. We are safe, we are healthy, we are fine. Enjoy your days, ladies!

SuzyQue
August 10th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Prayers for Suzi's eyes and hope that they find a Dr. with a solution.

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I am finally back online after a huge wind storm on Sunday afternoon. We were without electricity for way too long! We didn't suffer much damage to buildings, but lots of limbs, parts of trees, and sticks everywhere! Our trampoline went sailing into the neighbor's bean field, with 2 -- 65 pound weights attached. The winds were clocked at 95 mph and hit our house hard enough that I thought our windows were coming in. Our corn will suffer a loss with much of it laying on the ground now. Neighbors lost barns, roofs, and a grain bin...........so we are very blessed to be just having multiple days of stick parties! Living on a farm is a cheap gym membership! I ache in too many places to mention. No sewing, no quilting.................too much work to catch up on. Oh, I am not complaining.........just explaining. We are safe, we are healthy, we are fine. Enjoy your days, ladies!

I had no idea - Amazing the strength of some of these storms - and even more amazing to see where there's damage in some places and right next door can be left unharmed.

Sending you lots of hugs!!!

SuzyQue
August 10th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks Sandy----I am so tired and achy that a hug is perfect right now. I can get up and go get busy again! Thanks!

janluna
August 10th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I hear you Suzyque. Here's your ((((((HUG))))))!!!!!
Prayers for Suzi Porter are going up. She is on our prayer chain. She must be so frightened!
I'm asking for prayer for Emily again. Her Doctor was going to be out of town this week and left instructions that if her levels went below 1000 she was to take this really strong med. If she went above they were supposed to keep watch to see if her bone marrow is going to kick in. Leave it to Em, she came in on 1000. Now the doctors that are on call don't know what to do. So, they are watching her, not giving the meds and playing wait and see. If her red blood cells go to 900 she has to have a transfusion. They are hoping her bone marrow is working. I'm on call for emergency babysitting incase they have to take her in. This disease is such a roller coaster ride!
So she is taking it easy and watching movies on Netflex (or is it netflix) what ever.
My steroid pills were down to three today and I'm starting to itch again! I sure hope I don't have to go back on those things. I have permanent chipmunks cheeks as it is is! lol
I'm spending most of my day in prayer, not only for Emily, but for all of you who need it. Thank you for yours for Emily. I'm so tired, I'm going to take a nap. Love, Hugs, & prayers, Jan L.

quilter.martha
August 10th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Suzi's story about her eyes made my heart so heavy. I'll keep her in my prayers. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose your sight. And prayers are going up for your Emily, Jan. Prayers for wisdom for the doctors to make the correct decision.

I never thought when I joined this forum that I'd become a part of such a supportive family. It really amazes me. You are all super wonderful!

janluna
August 10th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Thank you Martha. Every prayer and good thought are appreciated. Hugs, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Sending prayers and lots of hugs. Here's a special HUG to Jan as she worries over her dear Em. And another to Suzy Que to give her strength to keep going, and another for Martha just because she's special, and another for Suzi's eyes, for Cathy to make it through the day without plants yelling at her, and to Blondie, whereever she is, to Gina, to Paula, to Sally, to Sewbee . . .

sally
August 10th, 2011, 05:26 PM
My prayers are for Suzi too! SuzyQue I am glad you came thru the storm safely.

sally
August 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM
The power of prayer...I want to pass on a story about the power of prayer as we are on the subject of such.
This past weekend we went quading and we took our Beagle with us. Not thinking we let him run about off leash and sure enough he was gone. My hubby tried to follow him but lost him in a ravine and we could hear him miles away and then nothing. He still had his harness on. We were at a lose of even where to go or stay so he could find his way back to us. Our calls were muffled by the river in the ravine so we found this road and though maybe he might follow it if he came back. 1 1/2 hours later still no dog. My DH drove to the end of the road and I stayed just in case. At that point I took a moment and prayed to God asking for his help. It was within seconds of my finishing when I turned and there he was... our little dog coming up the road towards me. The power of prayer! No doubt in my mind!
So with this my prayers are with Suzi, Paula, Jan, Gina and those who also needs God's assistance.

Monique
August 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Prayers going out to everyone who needs one and even to those who don't. This is truly a wonderful group to belong to.

Txgrandma
August 10th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Blondie come out, come out whereever your are. My DIL and granddaughter have been here since Monday and we had a great time with them. Our son is still in Boston for training so she was passing some time with us. I haven't learned a lot of the names on here yet so I'm sending out prayers for everyone in general and for those who are facing special trials for God to give them what they need. Haven't done any sewing the last few days so I'm heading to the sewing room. Hope everyone had a great day and wishing all a goodnight.

janluna
August 10th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Shauna, I love your story. I have had a few of those myself. And I know prayer works but when something like this happens, you know an immediate answer like you got with the dog, why are we always so amazed? It lifts your heart, but you are still in awe of the power of a prayer. Be it a small problem or a huge one. He is always faithful to us. Praise the Lord!
I wish everyone a peaceful night with good dreams and comfortable rest. I love you all so much. Thanks for the story Shauna. It keeps my faith alive and well. Love, Jan

quiltingtrish
August 11th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Hi all!
Oh Suzie and Emily - prayers doubled coming!
I'll be MIA for a few days - heading to the beach first thing in the morning. I am ready to go NOW! I am headed to Gettysburg where I'll meet up with 2 friends and then we are all going in one car. I even thought about heading down there earlier today and dozing on the beach tonight, but then 'sensible' had to show up in my head and say that was not a good idea. Oh well.
Think Odie is flying tomorrow. Well, he could be in the air right now - it is noon tomorrow their time right now. Think my nerves will get better once I know he is back in California. OH - just got an update - says another 2 days in Mongolia and 3 in Korea. See how things change with him?

Ok - got to go. It's going to be a long day tomorrow so I better try to get some sleep. I only get to the beach for a few days like every other year, so I am excited.

Hugs,

janluna
August 11th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Have fun Trish. Odie has been on my mind today so I am sending up prayer for him. I would be in your shoes and want him home too. And by home I mean the USA. Anyway, prayers for his safety are on going! Have a great time at the beach and try to relax. Love and hugs, Jan L.