PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Tuesday!!

Monique
August 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yes it is Tuesday. Finished my blocks and now don't know what to do with myself. I have been looking at all the fabric I have and can't make up my mind. Decisions, decisions. The weather here is fantastic. Cool nights once again, warm days. Can't complain. Everyone have a wonderful day and look forward to your posts for the day.

meemeecyn
August 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Good morning, everyone. Another humid day here. I''m not going to complain...it will be snowing soon enough! That's New England for ya!

I hope to sew some today. I finally opened up the tumbler template after getting it for the DD awhile back. It works slick! Such fun! I think I might do a table runner using scraps of 'fall looking' fabric.

Have a great Tuesday.
Cynthia

Bubby
August 9th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Good Morning Blondie and Everyone,

It's a glorious day in southern Missouri after all the rain of the past few days. Life is good!!

Today is binding day for me, as I picked up two quilts from my LAQer yesterday. My house is quiet today with DH back to work and Molly at the groomer, so I should be able to sew without interruptions for an hour or so.

I wish yall a wonderful Tuesday and for now I'm off to see the Wizard............Hugs, Barb

sally
August 9th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Good morning. Good job Monique...I have run into a road block called heat. My sewing room is upstairs and in the evening it is too warm right now up there to sew and in the morning I have to go to work. "POUT". I know what you mean about staring at your material for ideas. What I need to do is put the blocks I have together before I start another one, Yeah that's going to happen...lol. The weather is gong to cool down some tomorrow so I can get back up there and maybe get some sewing done. Also want to make those Peach strudel muffins...ymmy! Have a great day everyone.

quiltingtrish
August 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
10 o'clock and time to get a'crackin!! I have fabrics cut for 7 - 10 Minute table runners and 18 tissue holders. Now going to make sure I have a bobbin or two fully loaded and hope to finish sewing these up by the end of the day. No quilting in them but hopefully they'll bring in a few bucks.

Rain here today - a nice, gentle one. The kitties are sitting by the door watching it.
Guess DH's hope of pulling things out of our garage are put on hold until another day. Which is, a good thing. He was at his Aunt's doing her garage yesterday and didn't get home until 11 last night. He needs the break of lifting and moving things.

Got an email from Odie from Mongolia. He didn't think there would be any transmission out of there, but said there were 7 computers set up for 100 guys. He's flying out of there on Thursday which is 6 days earlier than he previously thought, so prayers for his pilots will be appreciated. I get a tad nervous when I know or think he will be in the air.

Well - off to sew. I hope somehow you all get to put in a stitch or two today.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
August 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Good Morning everyone! It seems we're all pretty much in the same boat here - busy, trying to ignore the weather, sorting through commitments, getting on with living, worrying, praying, sewing, and just plain having fun.

Al and I were just talking about things - starting with the tremendous problems the current economy are putting on everyone - and what we're doing to try to stay ahead of things. Why is it that hindsight is 20/20 but foresight is blinded. Anyway, we all have many irons in the fire . . . and it doesn't take long for me to look at a brand new horseshoe . . . cliches.

Before I had my knees replaced I trotted to our woodshop almost every day to do work with Al. I was into carving, turning, scroll saw or fret work, wood burning . . . . so Al asked me this morning if I'd be interested in taking an on-line course in carving from a master and I had to say "NO," although my heart was saying yes. I just have too much that I want to do and quite often find myself ignoring things I need to do, things I want to do, and even things I HAVE to do - because I can't make up my mind. Maybe that's the reason I have been taking a nap in the afternoon instead of quilting.

Okay, enough of me . . . I need to start a journal.

Oh, I need to finish the laundry I started yesterday, make some more biscotti (seems the DGDs have found Papa's secret stash), and . . . .

Sandy Navas
August 9th, 2011, 11:48 AM
On another note. Yesterday I walked out of the living room and left the TV on - playing some country music. Returned a few minutes later to see a program change that caught my eye. The movie "Steel Magnolias" was on - and there was Dolly, Sally, Julia and others having a gay old time in the beauty shop. I immediately felt like I'd stepped into Blondie's work place . . .

Mimis-quilts
August 9th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Good morning. Good job Monique...I have run into a road block called heat. My sewing room is upstairs and in the evening it is too warm right now up there to sew and in the morning I have to go to work. "POUT". I know what you mean about staring at your material for ideas. What I need to do is put the blocks I have together before I start another one, Yeah that's going to happen...lol. The weather is gong to cool down some tomorrow so I can get back up there and maybe get some sewing done. Also want to make those Peach strudel muffins...ymmy! Have a great day everyone.

My sewing room is upstairs too and it has been hotter than haities up there,but we finally broke down and bought a window air conditioner because the spare bedroom is upstairs and when the kids come for a weekend they always bake up there. The aircon was only $224 and well worth every penny! I currently have 5 quilts in the works and should probably get them completed. Really looking forward to getting my Patriotic Star blocks from the swap so I can put my son together a quilt to send with him to Iraq. Today I'm spending the last day with my son, DIL and DGD before they leave to go home back to Florida...it's going to be an emotional "see you in a year" goodbye, I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. Hope everyone has a good day!:icon_wave:

bec
August 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
It's a nicer day today in Indiana...not quite so hot and the humidity is not unbearable. I've already walked my 2 miles and am ready to fix a salad for lunch. I'm still working on the baby quilt. I'm almost done hand-quilting the blocks. The border won't take too long, I hope. I'm ready to move on to something else. I have several quilts in mind that I want to make, but I think I'll do the maple leaf quilt that I've already got pieces cut out for. I try not to start something new until I have a project finished, but had to stop the maple leaf quilt in order to have the baby quilt done before the end of August. I'm going to try machine quilting the maple leaf quilt by stitching in the ditch. Wish me luck. I've never machine quilted before.

Did someone say "peach strudel muffins"? I have a peach-pecan muffin recipe that I love and now I'm going to have to make them. Oh well, what's a few more calories? I'll just try to control myself and not eat half of them at one sitting! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and finds time to do their quilt therapy.

Take Care,

quiltingtrish
August 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Pat - got your son covered in prayers!!! Please tell him that we are all thinking of him and can't wait for his safe return.

Hugs,

K. McEuen
August 9th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Bec, I have just started my first machine quilted quilt. Lots of new steps that I am taking in this quilt ... spray basted (so far I LOVE it), I am quilting it in parts before assembling the entire quilt (liking that pretty well too) and I am doing what I think I'll rename as "quilting somewhere near the ditch" because it seems like there is an errant stitch or two in every ten. If I end up as happy with the total quilt as I am with the sections I have done so far, I'll be thrilled. It sure is a lot faster for an every day use quilt than hand quilting everything.

sally
August 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Mimi Pat...sad to say i can't have an air cond upstair. Our house is 100years old and the window are the original leaded glass and don't work. There is a door on to the balcony i have open in the evening to cool the house...infast we have 3 doors to the outside upstairs and that is how i cool the fouse...with the help of the ceiling fan in the master.
Trish...remembering Odie in my prayers!

sally
August 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Mimi Pat...sad to say i can't have an air cond upstair. Our house is 100years old and the window are the original leaded glass and don't work. There is a door on to the balcony i have open in the evening to cool the house...in fact we have 3 doors to the outside upstairs and that is how I cool the house...with the help of the ceiling fan in the master.
Trish...remembering Odie in my prayers!
Please excuse my poor typing today!