PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Doan tutorials

Judyt
October 11th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I watch Jenny Doan's tutorials and have made some of them. I do have a problem with following the instructions and wish there were some written directions to print. I try to print the screen image so I have a reference and write down her directions, but that's really awkward and I have to keep going back over and over again.

For example, the latest one (which I ordered fabric for) is the Illusion quilt. I figured out that all of the sashing is probably cut 1-1/2" wide but she doesn't specify that, except right at the beginning for the little cornerstones.

icul8rg8r
October 11th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I want to make the lattice quilt and there were no written instructions/transcript, either ..... and then the latest BLOCK magazine came - and there was the Lattice Quilt!!!

Dollyquilts
October 11th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Instructions for the newer ones are in the Block Magazines. The Illusion quilt may be in the new Block which is coming out this month.

I think there was a thread a while back about some forum members who were going to write directions for the tutorials. I'm not sure anyone followed up on this, though.

Since Jenny's tutorials are free, we may be asking a bit much of her, although M* is so accommodating to requests and suggestions. Jenny is one busy lady, and M* is growing by leaps and bounds.

Dolly

K. McEuen
October 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Many of the tutorials have written instructions for sale on the M* site and others, as stated above are in BLOCK.

Dollyquilts
October 11th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Karen, would the instructions be under Supplies? I did not know this. Thanks.

Dollyquilts
October 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I think I found them. And they are so reasonably priced!

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/browse/24

Judyt
October 11th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Thank you Dolly. I wasn't aware of that.

K. McEuen
October 11th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Karen, would the instructions be under Supplies? I did not know this. Thanks.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/browse/2?q=patterns&fm=MSQC

also some of the quilts that were featured in the Fons & Porter magazines last year that Jenny did
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/browse/2?q=patterns&fm=Fons+%26+Porter

Judyt
October 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the link. I didn't think to look in their patterns. You are right, they are priced reasonably. I made the Disappearing hourglass but had to really struggle with figuring out the directions. I did love the way it turned out. If I'd known about the pattern, I would have purchased it. 89262

JCY
October 12th, 2014, 01:03 AM
You can pause those tutorials at any point to allow time to write down the instructions. I've drawn diagrams & written down instructions from several of the tuts. At the beginning of each video, Jenny usually states what pre-cuts will be needed, or yardage for borders, etc. And they're all free! :) JCY

estrogen
November 9th, 2014, 10:51 AM
the pattern for the lattice quilt states it makes a 93x106 quilt but the tutorial has a different size ( smaller) with the same amt. of fabric........which is right?

Jean Sewing Machine
November 9th, 2014, 11:16 AM
the pattern for the lattice quilt states it makes a 93x106 quilt but the tutorial has a different size ( smaller) with the same amt. of fabric........which is right?
The smaller size would be correct about 71" by 67". It calls for 4 charm packs and 1 honeybun, and that is roughly the size that amount of fabric would give you.

hmstock
November 10th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Yes, some of the newer tutorials are included in the Block magazine. If you have specific questions about our tutorials, please feel free to call (888)-571-1122 and they would be happy to assist you!! :)