PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so it's Monday

Blondie
August 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/Wild-ChicorYSUMMER.jpg

Hi Ladies
I refuse to think about the first week of August being gone. I refuse to believe how hot it is outside when I can sit in front of the AC vent. I refuse to think anything not fun this week - hubs will be home for the most part - with school starting next week. So, we have been bumming the past few days.

Prayers for all who are needing it. Daisy, Michele - you are both strong and positive women. Agnes and Gabe are still in my prayers as well.

Off to get a good cuppa. I am really enjoying this lazy stuff. I think I could get used to it!

bec
August 8th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Good Morning, Blondie! It's going to be another hot and humid day here in Indiana. It's so humid that all of our windows are steamed up so we can't see outside. This is the second or third day this summer that it has been that humid so early in the morning.

It's going to be a good day, though. I'm just going to stay inside and can a few tomatoes and then do some quilting.

Hope you have a great day!

Lisaau
August 8th, 2011, 08:48 AM
shudders at the thought of AC whilst I sit here with 3 layers of clothes on and think ahead 3 weeks at the arrival of spring and the long hot days yet to come......

Monique
August 8th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone. Yes Monday. Hummm, not sure what plans I have today but yesterday I finished the blocks for the swap. Woohoo. That was pretty much my whole day. Today I will tidy up my dining room (sewing room) and think about my next project. I would like to do a table runner and maybe some placemats. Not sure yet.

Yesterday the humidity was a killer here. Stormed last night and blew humidity right out the water. It is nice today.

Everyone have a great day.

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Good Morning, Blondie! It's going to be another hot and humid day here in Indiana. It's so humid that all of our windows are steamed up so we can't see outside. This is the second or third day this summer that it has been that humid so early in the morning.

It's going to be a good day, though. I'm just going to stay inside and can a few tomatoes and then do some quilting.

Hope you have a great day!

Switching from humidity on the outside to the inside . . . One of my favorite memories of my childhood was getting off the school bus in the afternoon when it was could enough to freeze witch's boogers, and rushing to the house to see the kitchen windows steamed over on the inside 'cuz Mom was making something delicious!!!

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
shudders at the thought of AC whilst I sit here with 3 layers of clothes on and think ahead 3 weeks at the arrival of spring and the long hot days yet to come......

Yeah, but you can look out and watch the kangaroos . . .

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Okay, I've already used up a couple silly posts for the day. And I don't have much to report on other than to share that I'm in my smarty-pants mode this morning . . . but guess you've already figured that out. Al and I were doing what Blondie and LL have been doing all weekend. We even succumbed to Kettle Corn for dinner last night.

Think I'll head downstairs and continue with my 'straightening-up' plans and see if I can make a path through the family room. The DGDs were here overnight when the power was off last week and though they said they picked up . . . so I'm taking a big black trash bag with me.

Did I mention somewhere I was going to be hand sewing the blocks I bought at the estate sale? Started last night and realized about half of each block has been machine stitched. I'm still debating. I am not a good hand-stitcher but think that given the vintage fabrics they do warrant the extra care. Al wanted to know if I was going to donate the finished quilt!! No way, Jose!

Off to see the wizard - cheers, good health and uplifting prayers to those in need. And a great big thank you to our troops!

Lisaau
August 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM
sandy l'm in the outter suburbs of the city not the bush /country side l'm only 40 mins from the city melbourne suburbs....all l can see out my back door is the house 5 feet from my back door over the fence and a glimpse of the mountains through the trees on the other side of their back yard

Bubby
August 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Good Morning...We had the most incredible storm last night ..... a real show of lightning and rainbows, incredible. To top it off it rained all night and is continuing this morning.

Yesterday I got my Log Cabin blocks layed out and organized to begin sewing them into rows. Hard telling how long it will take to get this one ready to go to the LAQer. After this, I can start on my red & white dresden quilt and that should take me to the end of the year at least.

Prayers to all who need them...wishing y'all a wonderful Monday....Barb

Txgrandma
August 8th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Good morning Monday, hope everyone has a great day and is able to stay cool or in Barb's case dry. OMG all that rain sounds so nice right now. I'm just about ready to make a fool of myself and go outside and start dancing, that is if I thought it would do any good.
Blondie enjoy your bumming around with hubby, everyone deserves to do that once in a while. Hope the two of you have a grand time.
MMMMM home canned tomatoes, man they sound yummy. Haven't had any of those in a long time. I'm thinking of a big pot of homemade stew with your tomatoes Bec, or macaroni and tomatoes.
It sounds like everyone has good plans for the day, me I'm waiting for our DIL and GD to arrive, they will be here till Wednesday. Probably no quilting for me but a lot of playing. Don't plan to do much except feed everyone, do the dishes of course. Plan on taking Aydn to the Childrens Museum, lot of hands on stuff she'll love it. She's always wanting grandma and grandpa to get down in the floor and play with her toys so we'll do alot of playing and pretending. LOL Thought I would let the DIL help me with my backing for the two quilt tops getting it squared up and possibly take them to the LAQer. I'm so antsy to get them done I can't hardly stand myself. Guess everyone's that way with their first ones. Have a great day and God Bless.

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Canned tomatoes. Did anyone else's Mom make stewed tomatoes with day-old bread when they were growing up? It was a summer-time classic at our house.

toggpine
August 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hi all!
If I am putting up tomatoes this year I am going to have to go and buy them. Grrr! We have a couple of green ones but that is it. They are pretty tasty fried up, but I was hoping for at least one or two red ones.
I got two of the veggie beds and two of the paths between the rows cleaned out. All of my carrots are gone. Something has gotten in and burrowed straight through them! Little worm like things. The spinach went from paltry to bolted in a few days. The strawberries are huge and bushy, but no berries. My oregano, rosemary, parsley, and fennel are doing fairly well. The peas have done pretty good. Sadly I am the only one who eats them. The goats do love the vines though! I did find two zukes under the leaves and one green baseball-sized pumpkin. The Walla-Walla and the Red Zepplin onions didn't do much. The leeks are huge, but I think they should have been harvested before they set flowers. The onion patch is hubby's domain, but I think I need to figure out what the needs of the plants are in there so I can deal with them myself. The pole beans are about two feet high now, still no blooms. that should do for the garden update.
I am hoping to get the last of it finished today and then get back to the sewing table this afternoon. I want to get the pincushion thingie made. The one I have now is great for the pattern, but it is sooo not my colors! I have used it for years, but it doesn't make me happy to look at it. Since I want to do some hand sewing on a few of the quilts I have lined up I'd rather NOT look at that mustard-colored lace-encrusted thing any longer.
Off to tackle the rest of the garden while the marine layer is hanging out and keeping it a bit cooler. Check in with you all later!
Cathy

janluna
August 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Hello, I spent the day doing laundry and changing sheets, etc. The general Monday stuff. I was super tired all weekend and don't know why. Maybe the steroids I'm on. I definitely have permanent chipmunks cheeks from them. I hate steroids. Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi. Prayers are on going for those that need them. HUGS, Jan L.