PDA

View Full Version : update on my moan

Divine Daisy
August 7th, 2011, 08:51 PM
My husband had his penulimate chemo treatment on Thursday. Has been very very ill this time but is slowly feeling more like himself. One more to go in two weeks then we are done (fingers crossed) The new fridge arrived early. My daughter is going on her rig to build a windfarm this coming week so if she is a snot, only the drillers and seagulls will be witness to it lol. Ah yes a break for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

i have put the quilt away for a while because truely i was going to ruin it out of frustration, have decided to make a couple of table runners, a door stop chicken filled with sand and a quick little quilt for my little friend Amy who lives in the village and is 9 years old this week. It will be nice to finish something........then i can get back to the quilt i put away which is to raise money for our chemo unit.

thanks for all your support

hugs n stuff
Daisy

Dragonfly
August 7th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Daisy support, love and friendship are the most precious things in life, they are also the cheapest things in life, they are free. And freely given they return to us the greatest return on our investment of all things in life.

I wish you both a very happy and healthy future, I look forward to seeing your quilt finished.

Loonwatcher
August 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Daisy, hoping and praying that you DH will be feeling better soon and that the chemo treatments will be successful.

tamsterg7
August 7th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Sending prayers your way for both you and hubby for that last round of chemo and healing. Your little projects will give you a distraction and a sense of satisfaction.................both of which you probably need right now. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery!

meemeecyn
August 7th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear you have to travel this journey, Daisy. It is not an easy road. When you are ready, go ahead and sew! it is a great stress reliever. Take care of yourself, too......

EsGrandma
August 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Daisy, My prayers are with you. When my aunt was very ill, I picked up some material and made some small pillows by hand and I love them. Take good care of yourself!!

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Daisy, I hope you are feeling all the hugs, support, warmth, prayers and friendship you are gathering from here. We are all hanging in there with you.

Txgrandma
August 8th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Very nicely put Sandy. Daisy I'm praying for you and your family and hanging in with you too.

janluna
August 8th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Daisy, our prayers are with you too. For your husband as well as yourself. Being a caregiver is hard and can get you down. Hugs to you, Jan L

mamaquilt
August 8th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Chin up! and thru ! that's what we say here in Luxembourg. Do all the little projects and the things YOU want to do, because all the other things you have to do, you do them anyway.

I'm more or less in the same spot. Today DH will be given his 11th chemo. One more to go after this one, hopefully. Things only can get better!! Praying for you and DH!!

Bubby
August 8th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Daisy, My prayers are still with you. Glad to hear a little of the pressure has lifted. Hugs, Barb

Monique
August 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Prayers going out to all that need them.

MrsPumpkinPie
August 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your husband Alison. Hope he is feeling better and that the next round of his chemo will be the last of it. It must be very hard for you both. Big hugs to you. When your wall quilt is finished you'll have to post it I would love to see it! And I'd love to see your chicken door stopper.. I've been thinking of making one of them. All the best. Hollie

janluna
August 28th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Mamaquilt, We will pray for your husband as well. I know how rough Chemo can be. We wish him the best and the best and prayers for you too. Being a caregiver can also be trying during a loved one's treatment. We will keep the prayers going for you both. Hugs, Jan L.