PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

donnah818
August 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
:( Can someone tell me the secret to removing blue "water soluble "pencil marks from my quilt ? I have washed quilt twice and the blue marks are still there. They have faded some but I don't want to wear out the quilt before I give it to my Granddaughter. Is there a marking tool that doesn't leave a mark? Any advice would be dearly appreciated. Thanks Donna in SC

sally
August 5th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Don't know about removing the blue marks but for future use there is a new pen out there that disappears when you iron over it. THey have some for sale at MSQC store and today is free shipping!

quilter.martha
August 5th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I've used those new pens. They work fine on light colored fabrics, but on dark fabrics it leaves an opaque line. Don't use them on dark colors!

I've always used a blue felt-tipped pen I get at Joanne's. It disappears with water. All you have to do is lightly spritz some water on the mark and it disappears.

donnah818
August 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Thank you for the tips. I will try one that irons away.

bec
August 5th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I've used those new pens. They work fine on light colored fabrics, but on dark fabrics it leaves an opaque line. Don't use them on dark colors!

I've always used a blue felt-tipped pen I get at Joanne's. It disappears with water. All you have to do is lightly spritz some water on the mark and it disappears.

Do you know the brand of the blue felt-tipped marker that you use? Can you get them in different colors?

quilter.martha
August 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Do you know the brand of the blue felt-tipped marker that you use? Can you get them in different colors?

Bec, they're called Mark B Gone and they come in blue, purple and white. I've not had much luck with the white one (to be used on dark fabric). It's hard to see.

sunflower1944
August 5th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I have used the Mark b Gone in the blue and just spritz water on it from my spray bottle and maybe rub gently with my finger and it goes away nicely.

I think it might say on the package not to wash until you spray and remove the markings? Not sure about that because I don't have the package anymore.

donnah818
August 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks Jo, I'll try it

toggpine
August 9th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Donna, have you tried using a degreasing agent like Simple Green in a small test spot? I found that sometimes that or a little bit of a baking soda paste will help remove marks.