PDA

View Full Version : Its Friday - are you feeling Frisky?

Blondie
August 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/to%20work%20with/funny-animals-1.jpg

I am feeling rather frisky this morning, especially after reading the news that Abbey is home. All the prayer for all of our friends and extended are powerful indeed. Thanks Jan for the update!
I have confidence that we will continue to hear good and positive reports.

I didn't get a whole lot accomplished yesterday, probably won't today. Today is hubs last day of summer job; next week he has a few things to attend. I really hate this time of year . . .

First off, it is August. I so dislike August. August=heat. I certainly don't heart heat.
Second thing is that school starts. This puts hubs in a tizzy. All of a sudden, he realizes how very little time he has left before he has to get up again at 4 a.m. It also means about one month of adjusting to all the new talking heads with the school system ~ a new broom always sweeps clean but in this county, it means most issues will fall in the cracks and get a coat of varnish on top of it. It will take me about 2 weeks to getting used to his all day absence again. I get spoiled having him home at 3 pm instead of 5:30.
The only real bright spot is that our income will rise up slightly over his summer job paycheck.

Off to get ready for work. Where did I put my boogie shoes?

quilter.martha
August 5th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Morning Blondie. I love August. That means fall is around the corner, my favorite time of year. The brisk air, the colors, I look forward to it all.

Today is my daughter's 21st birthday! She's my baby, so I'm feeling emotional. Makes me feel old, but mostly I wonder where the time went. She is such a wonderful daughter. She is pursuing a degree in nursing and hopes to eventually be a medical missionary in Haiti. She's been to Haiti 3 times in the past 3 years and it got hold of her in a big way. She has such a heart to serve; she humbles me. So today is "focus on Kate" day for me. We're gonna go out for breakfast and then she and a friend will probably go to the beach. A nice dinner later and then CAKE!

Have a great day everyone.

Blondie
August 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Big Birthday Blessings to Kate. Enjoy your day. You did good, Martha!

Loonwatcher
August 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Good Morning,

Last night I got 4 placemats pieced, sandwiched, quilted and squared. Just need to add the binding which I prepped also last night. I might add a little more quilting first, it looks a little plain on the back. Got to get them done for a party tomorrow.

This will be our first weekend not going to camp - I'd rather be there. But it will give me a chance to go to aqua aerobics class. Haven't seen those ladies since spring and I do enjoy the class and NEED the exercise.

Have a great day everyone. Prayers to our friends in need.

Bubby
August 5th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Good Morning and TGIF...Happy Birthday to Kate!!!!! Yesterday we got some desperately needed rain and it looks like we may get a little more this morning. I have two quilts at the LAQer and can't wait to get the call that they're ready. This has basically been a no-sew week for me except for putting on some borders, and ripping out those borders, and putting on different borders and then deciding I liked the original borders best....someday I'll learn to trust my instincts from the get-go!! I want to wish you all a great weekend. DH and I have to work tomorrow. Barb

Patrice
August 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Happy Birthday to your daughter Martha. I know how your feeling. I did not sew at all yesterday. I cleaned the entire downstairs all morning and then played cards half the day with two of my sons..It was fun. Today I hope to get the second floor cleaned and need to get some laundry done. Hopefully will get in front of the sewing machine while the laundry is going. Everyone have a Blessed Day!

Sandy Navas
August 5th, 2011, 09:44 AM
FFF! Well, a bit. Looks like we are in for some much needed moisture from the heavens - either that or I am hearing my own stomach rumbling. I woke about 3:30 and never really got back to sleep except in bits and pieces. I was planning my day since I finished with the penguin . . . and then remembered that my day had already been planned. There's an estate sale about 5 miles from here and there are a couple sewing machines, fabric, and yarn. DD and I are headed up there shortly. DD is the yarnaholic and you all know I'm a fabricaholic. Oh, and a sewing machineaholic, too (unfortunately I'm running out of room . . . ). One of the things I was planning in the middle of the night was to straighten up the sewing room and make some space to walk around. Oh, well, the weekend is coming.

Wishing Katie a wonderful 21st birthday. Sending prayers for everyone's healing. Wondering about Trish's Kate, concerned about Jan's strange ailment, wondering about her little Em. Hoping for some cooler weather for our Blondie - who is boogie-ing her way to work about now . . . wishing my laundry was finished, Patrice. Prayers, hugs, warm wishes (cool breezes). And, as Ernest Hemingway said (translated from Spanish): "Here's to your health, love, and money. And may you have all the time in the world to enjoy them."

Shirley
August 5th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone and Birthday blessings to Kate! Hope she has a wonderful day.
My Granddaughters have been coming once a week to work on rag quilts, We have only one more week to get them done. I'm sure we will get them done next Thursday, they are very close. We try to make something each summer. They are sweet girls and it won't be long and they will be too busy to come over. They are 16 and 13.
Started pressing and cutting out fabric for a new quilt. It is exciting isn't it?? This one is a weaving rail fence. Will send pics when I am done. It will be a while - takes lots of strips. I'm trying to use up some of my pile of scraps.
Have a great day!

toggpine
August 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Morning!
We got the hay in yesterday. We may have one more load in September if they can squeeze out a third cutting. I think I am Ok with what I have right now, but hay is like fabric, you can't ever seem to have too much! I'd certainly rather pay these prices now, than double in December/January!
No sewing the last few days. I was trying to get a new pincushion/thread catcher thingie done to take with me this weekend, but it doesn't look so promising. I am off to get things packed up for a weekend of everybody being in separate places! Em's off to Nana's, I'm off to Port Angeles to milk-test a dairy, and my husband is stuck at home doing farm chores and a Saturday shooting competition. We ought to be all back together by Saturday night. Whew! Who knew there was so much to pack up for just an overnight?
Prayers for those in need especially Abbey, Agnes, and Jan's Emily.
You all have a great weekend and enjoy your families and your friends!
Cathy

Monique
August 5th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I have been sewing since this morning on my blocks for the swap. Made one mistake so I guess that one is mine. Invited out for supper, can never say no to going out and not having to cook. Hot hot today. Got a call from my oldest who is on an american ship somewhere near Africa. Things are quiet there THANK GOD!!

Sandy-good luck at the sale, wish I was going with you.

Martha-Birthday greeting to your daughter. Enjoy your time with her.

Cathy-don't work sooo hard.

Shirley-way tooo cool showing them how to quilt.

Patrice-it's Friday take a break!!

For all the rest HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND!!

bakermom
August 5th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Waiting for DD1 to come by for a trip to Joanns. she's ready to pop so it could be our last outing for a while LOL

sally
August 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
IT's Friday...been a long week. Always is after vacation. Neck is sore from working at the desk all week. Next week will be better as I will be back in the field. Going to work up in the mountians Monday so it will be cooler. Love summer just not a big heat lover esp. if I can't sleep at night because of it. If I don't get my sleep..just call me Shaunastien.

Have a great weekend everyone and I will leave you with an Irish prayer...in English:D

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

Hugs to you all, Shauna

janluna
August 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hello and good afternoon everyone, Happy birthday to your Kate, Martha. And wait till you look up and see your kids are 43,39,and 37! That's a shock I'll tell you! lol
Gina sends her love and thanks for prayers for Abbey. She is on the mend so that is good. As for my Emily, she is having a great week. Her ANC levels are more stable this week and she has some energy. So that is a blessing! Again, thank you for the prayers. Emily sure does need them. We are asking for healing for her and will take remission right now to buy her some time. We are hoping and praying her meds have done the trick. This week is good, and we are thankful.
As for my strange ailment, my bumps are receding and the itching has stopped. YAY! I will have some scars on my hands but they aren't that noticeable so I'm happy for that.
Laura, is in NY for a few days and we will try to hook up for lunch before she goes back to VA. I miss her. She is an amazing women! She is here to see her three girls and to celebrate her youngest daughters birthday. So she has lots of family to see as she was raised not far from me.
I hope we can find time to get together.
I am sleepy today, as the steroids I'm on won't let me sleep. I have only had about 3 hours a night and as I decrease the dose, I'm getting more and more tired. I'm going to try and get a nap in this afternoon. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, so that will be fun. I haven't been out of the house,( except for Dr. appointments) in a month. I'm too tired to sew and know I will screw something up if I try. I did get my DIL's table runner done so that's good.
Love you all and thanks for the prayers for Gina, Abbey, Laura, Emily and me. Hugs, Jan L

Txgrandma
August 5th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Happy Friday everyone. Happy Birthday to Martha's Kate. It is another hot hot day around here, also heard on the news yesterday that the drought in this area could even last up into 2012. That is a very scary prospect, we have already had several wildfires, no telling what it will be like if it lasts that long. I'm doing laundry today and startching the squares for my pinwheel blocks. Called the local quilt shop day before yesterday and found out there are only two quilters here in the area and they both have a 2-3 month waiting list. I have two ready and I am so excited to get them done I sure don't want to wait that long. I've been looking at MSQC and saw where they have a two week turn around, I'm really seriously thinking about sending them to Jenny to do. Has anyone else sent theirs to them. DIL and granddaughter are coming tomorrow for a short visit, so grandma is looking forward to that. Haven't seen her in about a month and being 3 she changes so fast and has learned so many new things in that length of time it's always exciting to see what's new with her. Better get off here and get busy so my day is totally free tomorrow. Have a great day everyone. Special prayers for everyone in need and prayers in general for everyone else.

Mia
August 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Each time I read Blondie's "hello" and all of the responses I'm moved again by the love and support I see from all of you. I hope you realize what an amazing group of ladies you are and how much your loving prayers and support mean. I wish you all a wonderful Friday and an even WONDERFULLER weekend, as I add my best wishes and prayers for all who are in need. God is so good!!!

janluna
August 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Is everyone ok in north Carolina? Blondie? I'm watching Cnn and there is a flash flood near Charlotte. Blondie you ok? They said that people are being rescued and that there is a lot of damage! Blondie check in so we know you are ok. Prayers are going up for everyone that is effected. What can I do to help? Love, Jan

Blondie
August 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Ladies
Just getting in from work; dragging my wagon as usual on a Friday evening.
Jan, we haven't even had a sprinkle in my neck of the woods. Charlotte is a good "fer" piece from us - at the other end of the state. I am actually closer to where our Laura lives in the mountains than Charlotte. I haven't heard any news other than one old gal who came in the salon with the shingles and another one who had a sister fall and break her hip. I would be happy for some of the rain that Sandy and Barb are getting. I don't want flood level as our basement always catches the worst of that (meaning that I may have to get my basement kitty a row boat).
Mia, your signature is appropriate and yes, oh so true. I like my friends with their strings attached. LOL.
Shauna, have not heard that Irish prayer and think I will keep that in my homemade book of collected quotes, poetry.
Sandy, Hemingway was my hero through teenage angst. When I was a kiddo, I went to the Keys before it was fashionable and expensive and was able to ramble with a BFF his KW home.
Off to see what hubs has in mind for dinner. Friday is my No Cooking night. Since he knows all the Friday client lists of each of us there, he is in total agreement. hehehe

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/mtrinity04/tgif.jpg