PDA

View Full Version : Abbey is home!

janluna
August 4th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Hi guys, I just got off the phone with Gina. Abbey did have MRSA and is still being watched for it. She had 72 hours of two very powerful antibiotics I.V. She is now on an oral antibiotic that is also strong but they believe they have the MRSA on the run. Gina said she was a basket case because when she took Abbey in they sent her immediately to the hospital and had her already registered and in a room before Gina got her to the hospital. Everyone was running around and getting the I.V. going and putting her in a gown in one fell swoop. The labs were sent a culture and it was MRSA and she was in isolation etc. Scared Gina and Abbey to death. But it worked!
Gina said she could tell they were being prayed for because Abbey responded to the treatment so fast and the Doctors she saw were really happy with how quick it was brought under control. She sends her Love and thanks to everyone and thanks you all for the prayers. She could feel them. They are home and on their way to bed. They just couldn't rest in the hospital with everyone checking her every hour. They were both so happy to be home in their own beds. God works wonders and so does prayer! Hugs, Jan

sally
August 4th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Wonderful news! Thanks Jan. Gina and Abbey I am so happy for you both and continue in my prayers!

Sandy Navas
August 4th, 2011, 11:37 PM
My heart is swelling with love for both of them. Prayers do work!!! I hope they realize how much love is also being sent to them!!!

Carol_Ann
August 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Gina & Abbey, I was praying & hoping to hear news of a recovery soon. Get a good nights sleep. We are all here for you !

Txgrandma
August 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
So glad she is home and doing well. Praying for continued recovery.

EsGrandma
August 4th, 2011, 11:52 PM
What great news!!! We'll continue to pray for you all - know that tonight you all will sleep much better!

MaryB
August 5th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Lots and lots of hugs for Abbey and Gina, and some for you too. Great news.

Mary B.

SuzyQue
August 5th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the update. Glad to know they are home in their own beds. They will sleep well tonight. Continued prayers for a full recovery.

bec
August 5th, 2011, 12:29 AM
So glad to hear the good news!

Loonwatcher
August 5th, 2011, 03:09 AM
So good to hear that. Thanks for updating us. Continued prayers.

Hugs,

bakermom
August 5th, 2011, 03:52 AM
That's great! I hope she continues her fast recovery.

quilter.martha
August 5th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Great news! God is good, isn't he?

Bubby
August 5th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Wonderful news.....our prayers were answered. Barb

Patrice
August 5th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Thank goodness! Happy for Both of you. Prayers were said

Shirley
August 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
So happy to hear the good news for Gina and Abbey! Thank God.

mamaquilt
August 5th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks for updating us! I'll hope she'll have a quick recovery and a very good night's sleep!

BellasQuilts
August 5th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Well, there you go again - the power of prayer! I'm so happy for them.

janluna
August 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Yes, the power of prayer has helped so many! Our Lord is wonderful.

mamaquilt
August 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
A quick recovery and lots of love from Luxembourg!

Monique
August 6th, 2011, 11:08 PM
It is always great to hear good news like this.