PDA

View Full Version : This is a new one

Dollyquilts
September 29th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I received an order from M* today. It arrived in a clear plastic bag over the Tyvek mailing envelope and had "damage" stickers on it. I opened it, and to my amazement, the envelope was wet, not damp, wet. The fabric was wrapped in plastic so it wasn't damaged. I know it was the USPS that is responsible for the condition of the package, but I have never received a wet package before. I got the DD with the titanium blades and the cardboard packaging on that was wet. I'll remove the blades immediately.

Anyone ever received a wet envelope before from the postal service?

Dolly

Midge
September 29th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I've gotten completely mangled packages. I think this happens frequently because many online vendors wrap each yardage cut and FQ bundle in plastic individually.

Dollyquilts
September 29th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Midge, I've had torn packaging before, but never wet. I wonder if the mail was sitting out on the loading dock in a rainstorm.

Dolly

Sandy Navas
September 29th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I received an order from M* today. It arrived in a clear plastic bag over the Tyvek mailing envelope and had "damage" stickers on it. I opened it, and to my amazement, the envelope was wet, not damp, wet. The fabric was wrapped in plastic so it wasn't damaged. I know it was the USPS that is responsible for the condition of the package, but I have never received a wet package before. I got the DD with the titanium blades and the cardboard packaging on that was wet. I'll remove the blades immediately.

Anyone ever received a wet envelope before from the postal service?

Dolly

No, but once our daughter mailed her grandparents a thank you card and they received it 8 or 9 years later and it was BLACK with ink and in a plastic bag - we have absolutely NO IDEA how they could have read the address on the envelope to tell where to deliver it.

The stories some of our mail could tell us.

Bubby
September 29th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I have received packages and envelopes with tire tread marks on them, but never a soggy package.

pcbatiks
September 29th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I have received packages and envelopes with tire tread marks on them, but never a soggy package.

Like Barb.......I have received a pkg with a quilt book inside that had tire marks & the book was curled up like a potato chip!

Carrie J
September 29th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Dolly, never wet, but one that looked like the "American Tourister" silver back gorilla had gotten ahold of it!

bubba
September 29th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Never wet, but I got one good and shredded! How the fabric inside was not damaged, I have no clue! It came from the post office four months late, so I'm sure it was jammed in one of their machines.

vchale
September 29th, 2014, 09:33 PM
We've gotten plenty of mangled packages but not wet since it never rains here!

K. McEuen
September 29th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Someone posted on here a month or two ago that the bottom of their package was wet. I believe they even posted a picture.

dwil23
September 29th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Lots of opportunities for mail to get wet in the kind of Monsoons we've been having lately. Just taking the mail off of the truck and pushing it across the covered loading dock with the rain blowing in will do it. It could get wet when the mailer is taking it to the post office or dropping it in a collection box. I have even seen the over the road trucks with leaky roofs. Then when it is sitting in personal mailboxes it could get wet from a leak. In most cases, every attempt to keep your mail dry is made. I say most cases because we all know there are people in all professions that just don't care about their job, but the vast majority of us do!

Leah53
September 29th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I hate to laugh at everyone's misfortune but since I have a warped sense of humor I couldn't help it.

stationarymom
September 30th, 2014, 02:54 AM
You should complain to ups but also make Missouri Star aware since they pay ups for that service.

rebeccas-sewing
September 30th, 2014, 07:16 AM
That's a new one! What the heck did they do to it? How does that happen???

Granny Fran
September 30th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Sounds like they wrapped it up as soon as it got wet and sent it off to you. Could have been 6 months late and full of mold. LOL

MarianneK
October 3rd, 2014, 10:14 AM
This happened to me back in September 2013. I had sent a birthday gift (a shirt wrapped in wrapping paper) and a few other items from Florida to Texas. We had had no rain nor did she. The large envelope arrived wet with all the contents wet also. It really ticked me off. I complained to me local PO and they said they had zero idea how that had happened.

Snip Snip
October 15th, 2014, 10:37 PM
We get roaches in our mail sometimes. Really. Roaches, in between the pages of a flyer or magazine. I have seen them in the mailbox, so I know they are not from my house. I guess they are from the post office "back room."

JCY
October 16th, 2014, 12:16 AM
What part of the US do you live in that you would get roaches in your mail?! Eeeew. JCY

share60
October 16th, 2014, 10:46 AM
re : roaches Perth WA Yes I too get them in Junk mail,yuk
Cheers
Shareen

Snip Snip
October 17th, 2014, 08:57 PM
JCY, I'm in SE Missouri. Come to think of it, share60, I think the roaches are usually in junk mail here, too. Maybe the junk mail is stored "out back" at the post office.

shirleyknot
October 25th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Roaches actually nest in the ground, and only go in houses and other places looking for food. They can live anywhere, even under your mailbox. If you see a lot of them hanging around, it's because they found something to eat.