• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Thursday, one more day till Friday.

Good morning. Blondie is taking care of her mom for those who don't know. I am sure she will be in here later.

I have seen photos of the retreat group. It looks like they are having a blast. Keep the photos coming but could you please put a name to a face for us.

My brother went to visit with my cousin and aunt yesterday. We are going to be making a trek to see her together soon. She turned 86, her mind is as sharp as a tack but her body is frail. We need to do this sooner rather than later.

The old house next door to me is GONE. They came and took away the logs yesterday. It is so weird with it gone.

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday, 85, and we are all going out for dinner.

I had a chat with Greg yesterday and his marriage is indeed over. He told me he was not to broken up about it. I have no idea what went wrong and maybe some day I will know, but I did shed a tear as it just makes me so sad and I feel awful for him.

Another work day and I have two more blocks left to embroider. These were handed down to me from a friend of my MIL's. Butterfly blocks and there are a total of 10. Now I have to decide what to do with them when I am done.

Have a great day everyone. Sorry to ramble so this morning. Blondie wants us all to smile, no matter what, and that is what I will try and do today.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Thursday, one more day till Friday.

Morning,

Monique, sorry for your sadness. I felt the same way when my DD's marriage of 20 years ended. It's a loss to the whole family.

It looks like they are having a blast at M*. I think today is the day Jenny will be there and do her trunk show....drooling already.

I have a doctor appointment today and a couple more errands. Jeff will be off tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday. I'm helping you smile today, Monique....HUGS.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Blondie
      Missouri Star
      • May 2010

Hey Hey Hey, here I am - running late and need to DRIVE to work instead of stroll. Rain, rain and more rain. Right now it's just a steady maddening drizzle. Poor folks up North getting that No'easter.

Happy Thursday Folksies
      Still staying with Moms at night. Her fall was nothing too much to worry about - she is just sore as heckfire shoot. Hubs and I just think it is a good idea to be there in case she needs help getting up and down for the time being. And I do believe she is eating the attention up. I am back and forth a few times a day and if she had her way, we would just move in with her. I keep telling her if that ever happened she wouldn't like me too much as I would get rid of a bunch of her junk - and rearrange that blasted walk in pantry with No. 2 cans on the top shelves. Sigh. It may come to that one day but for the time being, I like my old house okay.

Looks as if the group at the retreat are having a F U N time. If you can read this, then look to the person on your right, then on your left, then front and then behind and tell them - Blondie says Hey Y'all! SMILE. I am so happy for each dear one able to be there. Hugs to all.

Off to work. Will try to get in later. Blessings to each. Have a wonderful day and remember to locate your smile.

Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Simply Quilting
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2013

Good Morning!!! Headed out the door back to the retreat. Sorry about the names, it was late and it has been an interesting experience when you are trying to put both a real name and a forum name to a face. We are having a great time. Jenny does come today. I belief almost everyone has made it to the retreat. A couple of others will be coming in today.

I will post more pictures later.

Have a Great Day everyone

Comment

• WendyI
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2012

Nothing new here...another work day for me. My anxiety levels are easing off but still not gone so it's one day at a time. I try to take Blondie's advice and smile and it does help. Monique, I'm sorry about Greg's marriage. It's a tragic thing when a relationship ends. I'm not sure where my own is right now so I feel sad right along with you.

Glad to see the folks at the retreat are having fun. Wouldn't you love to have free reign in that warehouse?!

Hoping you all have a fantabulously wonderful day! xox

Comment

• ravelim
            The Guild President
            • Mar 2014

Monique, our DD is going through a divorce,too. It's sad for everyone.

Morning everyone. It's a beautiful day here in Iowa.

Think I'll start putting together a jelly roll quilt with that beautiful raspberry chocolate colors for my DIL for a Christmas gift. Have to get football quilt basted and bound but need a day off that field goal.

We just received a check we had been waiting for and it turned out to be bigger than we had expected.

Have a great day everyone and hugs and kisses to all.
            Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

• Madeforyouinma11
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2012

Good morning everyone!
              Well, yesterdays appointment with the oral surgeon went great. I had my top teeth out and the dentures put right in and I can't believe how good I feel. There are just a couple of sore spots but nothing I can't handle. Now to just get used to them.
              Monique, I'm so sorry about your son's marriage. It's a difficult thing to go through.
              Today, I am going to try and get some of the binding sewn onto one of the quilts I'm making. Then I have two more that need to be sandwiched and quilted before I can do the binding. Should have all three done by the end of next week to mail out. Nothing else here except resting. About an hour after I take my meds, I have to lay down for an hour and then I'm good to go. I can go about 6 hours now in between so things are getting better.
              Hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to go see what is going on at the retreat...Looks like they had a great day yesterday.
              Cil
              A quilt is a blanket of love
              http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
              http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Morning, All ~ I have the 1st loaf of bread in the break maker. Another sunny day; it probably will be 90 deg. again today. The house has been so warm the past few days. We already had winterized our swamp cooler & removed the attic fan from the ceiling during the last cold snap. We use several fans to help cool the house on these hot days. Cooler weather is headed our way. We're having our sprinkler system blown out on Mon. I have been doing FMQ on a baby quilt (a panel) the past couple days. I should have it all quilted in 1 or 2 more days. That baby rabbit that showed up this spring has stayed around all summer & now looks full grown. Hopefully, it's eating just grass, not my flowers! JCY

Comment

• pcbatiks
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Good morning everyone. Monique, so sorry to hear about Greg's marriage. It must be hard for the whole family.

I hope the forum retreat gang has a great time today.....I'm sure they will!

I'm doing a little rearranging in my sewing area. Donated an older sofa that was just in the way......now I have more floor space!

How all you forum friends have a great day!
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Over40momma
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2013

Good morning everyone.
                    Monique, I understand about the sad feeling......it's a death of a marriage and it is natural to feel grief. It always makes me sad to think of people growing apart. You can't make people feel what they don't, but it doesn't make it any easier to see it end.

To all the MSQC attendees, you have our qulting spirits with you and hope you have a fantastic day!! Oh heck, with Jenny, it would be nearly impossible NOT to have a great day.

Pretty quiet here, just getting myself sorted out. My youngest was away at a camp for school for 3 days....she's home and had a great time! Even my oldest admitted to missing her little sister (be still my heart!!!). Now just getting a few things sorted out for a day trip on Saturday. We are heading to the Canadian AirForce Museum in Trenton, Ontario for the laying of new memorial markers. One of them will be my Dad's, and it is a great source of pride for the family.

Still working on a Friendship Braid top. Not sure if I have enough fabric to make a full size quilt, so I might just make it into a good size throw quilt. Unfinished blocks are hitting about the 19.5" mark so far. Using 3 braids per block and sashing them. Then I think I will use the Quilt As You Go method to join them.....my machine throat is really small so it should work.

Take care all and have a fantastic day. Blessed be,
                    Sandy B.
                    "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

• MayinJerset
                      Missouri Star
                      • May 2012

Late getting here this morning. Was replying to a posting and ended up writing a load of stuff that was on my mind about a family situation and that helped so I cut it all out and deleted the rant. So for today I am smiling and enjoying the cool day but hope that Northeaster isn't coming our way. smile.jpg

Comment

• Mpyles
                        Missouri Star
                        • Feb 2013

Good morning! I'm up late...ie..my late night last night! My niece went into labor at 2:30 this morning....so we should have a wee one soon!! Dd just texted me to say that a class she thought was canceled is not...so looks like we will have her birthday dinner without her...will keep a plate warm.

Gonna work on my night sky and go up to the hospital in a bit!

Everyone have a great day!!
                        Mary
                        SW Missouri

Comment

• Granny Judy
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2011

Just getting my 2nd wind this am... got a new toy for paper crafting and had to play with it. Called a Big Shot by Sissix and I've had fun purchasing the dies for it. Love the embossing folders too!! Look out Hallmark, Judy's got a brand new talent.

Have the Orphan Red and White blocks in the Q... sashing them and making rows. There were 22, and I need one more row of 4, so am making 2 more 8.5 inch blocks to finish up a bright little quilt. It covers the top of a twin bed.

DSCN7432.JPG

Just a prelimenary placement on the design wall.. have to tweek and separate some of those duplicate blocks. Looks like I need to join the week end sewing challenge.

Hugs to all and keep the smile going... It's catching you know.
                          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                          :icon_wave:

Comment

• debinmalaga
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2009

Hello all! Drizzly day here in WV but we need it, of course.

Sorry about your son's news, Monique :-(.
                            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• MayinJerset
                              Missouri Star
                              • May 2012

Monique, I left my post too quickly this morning and didn't add that I'm sorry your DS's marriage is over. One of our son's marriage ended last year and it's never a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X