PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Morning Hellos

Blondie
August 3rd, 2011, 06:35 AM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/AshleyHousewares/happy_wednesday.jpg

Good Morning Everyone

First off, thanks Jan for keeping us updated on Gina. Prayers for Abbie and quick response to meds.

I can't remember who else is ailing right now - doesn't it always seem to come in spurts? I don't think the heat helps either. Another scorcher on the way for today. I intend to hand stitch some more on the border pieces for a quilt.
Mom is painting a room in her house - Sis and I went down last evening and all I can say is, my mother is a phenomenal woman. At almost 81 I cannot believe how well she does. I don't like her on ladders, neither do doctors but will she listen? NO! Oh well, prayers for her continued safety. (my daddy would be having a hissy fit if he saw her on a step stool, much less ladder!)

What's everyone working on today?

Patrice
August 3rd, 2011, 08:09 AM
If I make it to 81 I hope I can get on a ladder. God Bless her. I am working on Christmas presents. I have to many projects going on in my mind. It's stressful sometimes..lol

mamaquilt
August 3rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
Picking some beans and blackberries, cleaning the living room, went to the therapist, have to take our walk (5 km). That's all I'll do today. I think there'll be a thunderstorm later on this afternoon. Hopefully with some rain, then we don't have to water the garden.
greetings from Luxembourg

quiltingtrish
August 3rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Good Wednesday all!
I will be moving a tad slow today so think I will spend it at the sewing machine.
Yesterday I decided to help DH clean out part of a 2 car garage for his Aunt and Uncle. DH started at 10, I arrived around noon. We got home around 9:30 last night. Ever see the show "Hoarders"? Seriously - what a nightmare! We had a bonfire going all day for the burnable things, got 7 trashbags filled of nonburnable things, an overloaded truck with an old refrigerator, dryer, and miscellaneous metal to be turned in for scrap, and 1 dead cat that was there so long it was just a skeleton. Yech! It was in the high 90's so was a tad 'warm'. We still have the other half of the garage to do, plus a huge corn crib at some point. I'm so happy there is rain coming in today so it won't be done today. Yeah! The good things were his Aunt, Uncle, and cousin did help and I got to hold the 3 month old baby at times to give the cousin a break. We gave the 5 year old the job of washing things down with the hose and he had so much fun - too bad he still needed a bath later in the evening.
I have stuff, but at least my kids won't have the nightmare of going through it all in the same manner like we did yesterday.

I think I will be sewing a border area of a small quilt today and get a binding on.

Prayers for Abbey - the poor girl. MRSA is no picnic as I know some that have had it.

Hugs,

Monique
August 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Good morning. I FOUND the fabric I was looking for yesterday. Would you believe it was in the LAST place I looked. So now I can start those darn blocks for the swap. Yipee!! Other than that, not much happening here. I lead a pretty quite life sometimes. Really.

Prayers out to those who need it.

Trish did you find any treasures?

Have a great day everyone.

twnkeyes
August 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Prayers to all who are ill and hurting, the list never ends but prayers always help.

My DH and I are off to Norway & Denmark today so will have a 9 hour flight to London, 3 hour layover and another 2 hour flight to Denmark first. Next week, Norway. It's business for DH but tourist for me. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather that's for sure!

The temp. here was 101 yesterday (Houston area) but north of us, where my sister and mom live (Missouri) it was 108!!! Dallas area had 110 to 117! I told Mom to stay inside and she actually listened to me. I pray for those without a/c and options to get out of the heat, I'm afraid the death toll will be rising.

I will not be taking any quilting on my trip but am looking forward to spending lots of time in my "quilting cave" when I return.

Everyone have a great day, stay cool and safe! I'll be checking in during my trip.

Terri

Bubby
August 3rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Good Morning....I've actually put in a day's work already. I began mowing at 6:00 am and an hour later the mower ran out of gas and not a drop in our cans. I've fed critters, watered my droopy flowers, picked veggies and have a peach pie in the oven. I think I have every appliance in the house running right now. All is calm...... My news is that I will finish putting the borders on my wildly bright quilt and hopefully dashing it off the the LAQer. I added a 2-inch white inner border and a 4-inch outer border of a batik that picks up all the other colors. This is not going to be a calm quilt!! Ultimately I want this quilt to go to my grandson Jesse, who wants to get an engineering degree in pyrotechnics. He has been blowing things up all his life and wants to do it for a career. His quilt looks rather explosive to me!

My next quilt to piece will be white print dresden plates on a red tonal background. There are plates in three different sizes, I believe 56 or so total. This will be a large applique project. I have always wanted to make a Christmas quilt that's not HO-HO-HO.....not that I don't appreciate HO-HO-HO...just want something I can leave out beyond Christmas (Valentine's Day), etc. My fabric should arrive the first part of next week.

I wish everyone a good day and prayers for everyone who is hurting or ill. Barb

Dragonfly
August 3rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone, wishes for a great day to you all. Our days are warming up, it's definitely spring out there, so hopefully yours will begin to cool off soon. In celebration of the lovely day I hung my washing outside for the first time in a few months, it reminded me of the posts a few days ago about the pleasure of sun dried laundry, it is fabulous, everything smelt so fresh.

quiltingtrish
August 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
There were 2 really old Singer sewing machines, but there was no way he would give them or sell them to anybody. Unfortunately, they will sit in that garage until he dies and then probably get auctioned off at some point. He says they are worth something. It's a shame that he won't see their worth.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
August 3rd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Not certain what is going on here today. Do know that DH left the biscotti container out - a hint that it needs to be refilled. That means a couple hours in the kitchen or at least within hearing distance of the oven buzzer. The DGDs are/were supposed to come over this afternoon to make monkey cupcakes for Papa's birthday (which is tomorrow) - but just talked to Mom. They were told yesterday that if they didn't get their rooms cleaned up they couldn't come . . . and as of this morning no effort had been made. Tears don't count - obedience does. They spend more time arguing about who made a mess than actually putting things back. Kids!!

I have about 50 squares to stitch on the penguin quilt, so maybe I can do a few while the initial baking is going on this morning. I so want to throw this quilt in the washing machine and see how it fluffs up. Did I mention that Emily did see her top once it was sewn together and said 'it isn't very big, is it?' . . . meaning why isn't it thick and quilty. She'll beam from ear to ear when she sees it. She called us last night, late, and wanted to come over so her 'loose tooth can fall out' - called back about 15 minutes later to tell us it was out. Grandma Tooth Fairy is ready!

I woke this morning with all my on-line friends on my mind, especially those who haven't been posting lately. I've sent out a few private messages. And Gina's little Abbey is constantly on my mind. Prayers are being uplifted.

And, from a personal side, if you are so inclined I'd appreciate some special prayers for our baby Agnes who isn't quite 3 months old yet. She has only gained a few ounces since birth, being breast-fed and Momma's milk flow is more than adequate. She's a great eater, every bodily function seems to be behaving normally. Momma noticed a sweet smell to her breath and increased urine output - we've checked blood sugar levels and they are well within normal limits. Just had a doctor's visit this morning (again) and she's having a bunch of blood work and (hopefully) a urine test run today. They've referred her to the Children's hospital in Kansas City - we'll pray they can get her in soon. She's such a sweetie, full of grins and just as precious as can be. Mom and Dad lost a little one a year ago (two days to the year before Agnes was born) so they are on pins and needles now. My heart is heavy.

toggpine
August 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
Morning!
Off to feed, milk, and clean the barn. Those dumb goats. The barn door is open, so go outside to poop!
A shower and a quick run across the bridge into town and maybe some sewing this afternoon.
I'll add my prayers to those already being offered for Gina & Abbey.
You all have a great day and I'll check in with you later. Cathy

toggpine
August 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Some prayers for Agnes too!

bakermom
August 3rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Planning a quiet day with lots of napping! I took a two year old to the fair yesterday. It was fun to watch her with the animals but it was a long, hot day. she was still going strong when we got back.I had to go into work afterward and barely made it thru the night.

Saw some pretty quilts and other needlework. One large quilt was made completely of men's ties. not something I would want to do, but someone put a lot of work into it. Five of my six entries recieved ribbons so I was pleased.

Loonwatcher
August 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Blondie, so glad your mom is feeling well enough at 81 to paint a room. I painted last weekend and it nearly killed me (what a wimp).

We can't go to came for a month so I've brought all my sewing stuff home. Today after work I need to set up my sewing area and hopefully get a gift made by party time on Sat. I think it will have to be placemats - something quick.

I don't have time at lunch to read all you posts but have a great day everyone. I'll try to catch up tonight after getting the sewing room together.

Txgrandma
August 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Good morning everyone, it's been a little nuts around here this a.m. so I'm finally getting on to see what everyone is up to. It sounds like we all have had and are having very busy days ahead. Am sending out prayers for Gina and Abbey, MRSA is horrible we have had some here that's had it and unfortunately a few didn't make it. Sandy, special prayers for Agnes, it is always so heartbreaking to see little ones have medical problems. I hope they find out soon what the problem is and get it taken care of even sooner. My friend is supposed to come over to work on her quilt in a little bit so we'll be busy all afternoon and we always have so much fun, she's one of those that can say the most ordinary thing but in a way that cracks you up. Better get off here and get things laid out and ready. Have a great day everyone.

Mia
August 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Oh Sandy I am so sorry to hear about your precious little one. I will pray for her tiny little self. God loves the children!!!!

quilter.martha
August 3rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Wow, I'm off this forum for a few days and so much has happened. It's taking forever to catch up, and I still think I'm out of the loop. So sorry to hear about all the medical issues with loved ones. I've been saying prayers as I read the posts. Please keep us informed as you learn news.

Our company left yesterday morning. It was so good to be with our friends. We just don't get to see them all that often. They live in South Carolina and we're here in New Hampshire. But thankfully they have some family up in Maine which allows them to come here when they're up to see the family. We had a great time picking wild blueberries (and then using them in blueberry pancakes), going to plays and sightseeing. I was worn out!

Today I had a day off from my volunteer work I normally do on Wednesdays at our church. So I've been working on a handbag that I'm going to teach to our sew group at church in September. I kinda created the bag from 3 different patterns. I have to have the directions to give out by our August meeting, so I've been hard at it. And now its finished! It was fun--I photographed it all the way through and wrote up directions in the same manner that Modabakeshop.com does it.

God bless you all.

Alana
August 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
Dear Sandy, My prayers are with little Agnes and your family. It hurts so much more with little ones. I will pray that all works out for her and I am sending a warm hug to you to help you through this time. May Jesus caress her heart with love.

Alana

bakermom
August 3rd, 2011, 06:18 PM
Sandy I hope all checks out for little Agnes. Prayers for you all.

meemeecyn
August 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Martha....have missed you! Sandy, prayers for Agnes, her parents and you. When our children hurt, so do we. I somehow missed the note about Gina/Abbey, but they'll be in my prayers, too. Blondie....bless your Mom's little heart! A strong woman, indeed. Wonder where you got it?

Take care, everyone.
Cynthia

sally
August 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Sandy my prayers are definelty with baby Agnes and her family and with Gina and little Abbey!
Busy at work today...micromanaging is the word of the day but I will get thru it and then home to make some Saskatoon berry juice for jelly and to sew a few more Canadian swap squares.Yeah Monique glad you found some material! DH is on afternoons and I got my house work done yesterday. Well almost...still need to tidy up our bedroom. IS HOUSEWORK EVER DONE!...lol
Take care all! Big hugs being sent your way!

Blondie
August 3rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/goodnight.jpgSandy, praying for Agnes!

Terri, enjoy your sojourn! Lucky gal. My oldest son was just in Copenhagen and is now in Cambridge, I believe. He will soon be back in NY state for his teaching to start again. He is the world traveller now in our family.

Shauna, what is Saskatoon berry juice? Is it a combo of berries or blueberries? Blackberries? Sounds good anyway.

Trish, I know what you mean about cleaning stuff out. I keep making a dent but really need hubs help to GET IT OUT of the house. I have 3 children living in 3 states now and their stuff takes up one whole room. I dread Mom's. Her attic is the stuff hoarders dream of. And since she has been on a tear painting, I thought she might want to change up everything else. No way. I just got back from down the hill and I am whooped. I have hung a few huge pictures for her, which is not my strong point. They are level, thank the Lord. I told Sis when we left that should we outlive this paragon of energy we will never see the light of day again. I agree with you on that man - what a shame to let two machines be unused when someone would treasure them.

Everyone else, HI THERE, I am off the the shower. I am totally past stink. One good thing, Mom will make us a veggie dinner tomorrow with her biscuits. Yum. I earned every bean.

SuzyQue
August 3rd, 2011, 10:05 PM
Prayers said for Agnes and Abbey.....will keep them on the list till I hear all is well. How heart breaking when it is children, especially. Not doing much online, not doing anything in the sewing room..........but I did mover over 3,000 books yesterday.....up a steep flight of stairs. They still haven't found their new shelves, so I guess I have more work to do now. This home redo keeps growing, but it will be nice when it is all done!

Txgrandma
August 4th, 2011, 05:22 AM
What a day, Inez made it over around 2 and we worked until her son came to pick her up around 9:30. Then DH came in needing dinner so he could lay down for a 3:30 a.m. wake up and I'm his alarm clock. While he's been snoozing I've been getting the border on my D9P. I'll be able to take both to the quilter, now I'm really excited. Better go put some coffee on almost time to get DH up and then I can go snooze. Another busy day tomorrow working with Inez on her quilt. We did have fun today and laughed so much a few times it made my side hurt. Goodnight everyone.