• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elliegirl
    9 Patch Princess
    • Oct 2013

Stuffing Pillows

I plan on making pillows for my four grandchildren for Christmas. They will be about 3'x3' and stuffed. I've never done this before and I'm wondering what will making the stuffing go quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

Re: Stuffing Pillows

A good movie. I don't have any good tips ,but to fill all the way into the corners real solid because it will be hard to get in there later. Good luck!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Vonnie
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2013

How about buying inexpensive throw pillows from Walmart and covering them? Cheaper than buying a pillow form.

And Lorie is right, if you stuff, you need to get to those corners. A big wooden spoon from your kitchen would be good - just use the handle to stuff up in those corners. Use a coupon at Joann's right now they have coupon commotion going - a lot of 50 percent coupons. If you don't have any, just go to their website and print them off.
      Vonnie

Comment

• donella
        Prairie Pointer
        • Apr 2013

I made one for my daughter and used a coupon at joanns and bought the pillow and then made a pillow case with velcro so it could be washed.

Comment

• songbird857
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
          I plan on making pillows for my four grandchildren for Christmas. They will be about 3'x3' and stuffed. I've never done this before and I'm wondering what will making the stuffing go quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

'stuffing' and 'going quickly' do not mesh... probably the thing I like the absolute LEAST of any sewing project. Don't know why, I just get impatient sitting there trying to make sure it's tight enough

Comment

Working...
          X