PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hip Hooray, It's Saturday!!

Blondie
July 30th, 2011, 07:36 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/misc/pab.jpg

Good Morning Ladies!!

Has Texas received rain from that tropical storm yet? I'd be dancing in the street. I am right now but it's in my backyard. We have a slight chance of rain today and tomorrow and perhaps a tropical in our future. Gotta love this time of year. I was out in my back last night watering because EVERYTHING within my line of vision was wilted and dying. I didn't have time to water yesterday morning. Won't be making that mistake again.

I need to get this posted; have already timed out because I got up to get coffee, sat here looking out my window at the birds at my feeder, gave Luscious a big smooch and when I lifted my arms up to put around his neck, well, let's just say I was so tired last evening I didn't shower. I married a man with strong fortitude. God bless him for putting up with me. Amen.

Check in later!

quiltingtrish
July 30th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Happy Saturday everyone! It's sunny and looks like another HOT one.

Dad got home from Maine last night. Even though my sister that took him was ready to send him home via UPS in the middle of the vacation, he sounded excited to have gone and happy to be back home. My phone kept ringing - first time was 1 ring, 2nd time, 1 ring, and it kept going. It was him trying to figure out how to clear his phone from people who called while he was away. He can't see the buttons to know what to hit and how many times to delete the call log so I called him back and told him to leave it go and I'll clear it all out tomorrow. He can be so funny at times. He was happy to see his garden - was amazed how much it grew in 2 weeks and also happy to see everything that was ready was already picked. I had to remind him to not spend so much time out in the heat as he tends to overdo somtimes. He assured me if it got over 90, he would stay inside.

We got an email from Odie that said he was hoping to get the next flight into Mongolia around 11 last night and said it was a 3 hour one. At midnight, he called using a phone card him and a buddy bought and said they would leave within the hour. The connection was so clear it was like he was standing beside us - from halfway around the world! He did say he was told his cell wouldn't work once he got into Mongolia so we are not to expect to hear from him until the middle of August.

Off to the Hershey Quilt Show today to meet up with my BFF and another friend. It's a small show but lots of vendors. I tend to not buy as much there as the prices are higher than what I can get in Lancaster. But we do oooh and aaah alot and always come home with a new goodie or two.

Hope you all have a grand Saturday. Give someone a HUG today while you are going through your day. Blondie - looks like you are covered.

Hugs,

Monique
July 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Good morning Blondie and Trish. I do know what day today is for a change. SATURDAY!!! Not much happening around here. Did go and see my son receive his certificate and I got to see my granddaughter. Just can't get enough of her. Back home last night. Not sure what today will bring.

Blondie you have had a good start to your day.

Trish, wish I could go with you. Have lots of fun at the show.

Have a good one everyone.

Dragonfly
July 30th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Good morning ladies, I hope you all have a really lovely day. Mine is nigh on finished and I am heading to bed early, I am tired, I spent the day shooting in a long range competition and was happy with my result. I finished equal first but ended up second after the tie breaker, I did win outright at 800 metres, so all up it was a good day and I will snooze happy tonight. DH also won one of the ranges so is not unhappy and he was very pleased for me that I finished so well. Tomorrow we have a teams shooting event so another busy day, I hope the weather is as nice as it was today, it almost felt like spring, it was lovely.

Anyway have a great day everyone, I'll catch you later.

MaryB
July 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Sunday here and we have had three of the most perfect winter's days possible. Clouding over a bit tonight though, so maybe back to Winter soon. Got the washing done and dried today - don't they say "make hay while the sun shines" . Is it the same for the washing?

Mary B.

Bubby
July 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

It's a lovely morning here, which I spent watering flowers and veggies. It's going to be record breaking heat here DH and I have to go to the city today to buy a new grease gun. Maybe we can squeeze in a Mexican lunch. Trish, I'm glad Odie has had a good trip so far and that you got to talk to him. Blondie, I hope you got your fabric shipment yesterday.

I must run for now, but I wish you all a safe and fun weekend!! Barb

twnkeyes
July 30th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm sitting on the front porch with my coffee, computer and two dogs looking out over our tan and crisp hay field. North Texas is not due any rain and 104+ temps through next week. :( Until about 9 a.m. it's not miserable to be outside. We have our BFF calves in our field cause there was no way we were going to get a second cutting of hay with the drought we're experiencing so might as well let the calves enjoy what they can. Today I'll be refinishing and repairing furniture and other items to put in my antique booth. My DH will be working in his workshop repairing motorized "stuff". When it hits noon we'll come inside for the afternoon and I'll do some quilting while he'll work on the computer getting our little business on the side more profitable. Tonight we get together with our BFF and friends we haven't seen in ages. Dinner and laughter, what a great combo! Everyone have a wonderful weekend and please pray for heat relief and rain!

toggpine
July 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Morning!
We got 100 bales of hay put up in the barn yesterday. Doesn't sound like much to the bigger ranchers, but we have to travel about 2 hours to get to the fields. We can get local grass hay closer to home, but the girls do better on the higher protein orchard grass. The cost is nearly the same even when you add in the fuel costs. We'll make another run for hay today and again Sunday, probably getting about 100 in each load, as that is what our trailer can fit.
Like a knot head, I had some energy left after the hay and decided that the lawn needed mowing. Hubby had tweaked his knee and hadn't gotten to it in about two weeks. I was exhausted, but at least the place looks better now. Early to bed for all of us last night!
Well, I gotta scoot. I have a fair to judge this morning and the next load of hay to wrangle in!
You all take care & have a great Saturday! Cathy

twnkeyes
July 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
6946From the porch a couple nights ago, this is why I never want to leave and go back "home" in south Texas.............

craftyladysam
July 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
twnkeyes, lovely picture! What a view! Will be praying for rain for us all ! This heat is awful and we have humidity too. Steam bath when you go out. Blondie watch out for your well when you water things. I don't wash but one load of clothes or just run the dishwasher in a day.

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2011, 11:59 AM
RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!!! We had a wonderful storm come through last night and FINALLY got some much-needed moisture! About 2 1/2 inches - nice, gentle with far-away thunder rumblings. Nice weather to sleep by.

I'm headed down to the little town where I went to grade school - actually was raised about 3 miles outside of town. They have their yearly community picnic the end of July and my brother and sister will both be there today. Looking so forward to seeing them and renewing some old friendships along the way. It will probably be so humid that I'll be headed home early though.

Hugs to everyone - sounds like it will be a good, fruitful, busy weekend for everyone!

mrswindy4
July 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies and Gents!

My boy is coming home!!! We are picking up my soldier son from the airport tonight, he'll be home for his 2 week pre-deployment leave! I havent seen him since last September when he left for his Army base in New York. I'm so thrilled to have him home, even if only for a short while. His daughter, my grand daughter will also be with us for the next 2 weeks so its going to be quite busy around here.

I may not get back to the board for awhile...but I'll be thinking of everyone, saying prayers for everyone and looking forward to all the great pictures when I get back!!

http://bestsmileys.com/usa_flags/8.gif

GOD BLESS ALL OUR TROOPS!!

janluna
July 30th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I've done nothing today except put groceries away. I've been reading and vegging in front of the tv.
Trish glad your Dad made it home in good health and happy.
Blondie you sound like me with my Joe. I do love that man. He is such a blessing from God for me.
Sandy send rain. lol
Mary I remember well the emotions that I went through when my DH came home from the service. I couldn't even talk. I just hugged and didn't let go. So happy your son is home safe.
Cathy I wish I had your energy. Where can I get some. You are amazing!
Have a great rest of the day and God Bless. Hugs, Jan L

Alana
July 31st, 2011, 02:18 AM
Oh Mary have a great day with your son.....It's actually Sunday morning here now...a very early Sunday morning. Couldn't sleep so I thought I would see what you are all up to. I'm in Northern Ontario and the heat has been bad here too....98 and 99 for three days in a row and the staggering humidity with it. We got some rain yesterday and it blew through here in about fifteen minutes..a deluge and the wind so bad I thought my maple tree was gonna hit the house. Then it was done and it did cool off some but the humidity has stayed. Storms supposed to come in sometime this afternoon. Sure hope it gets rid of some humidity.

Granny Judy
July 31st, 2011, 04:07 AM
Well, it is after midnight and I'm trying to get to sleep, but it doesn't wanna come. I have a spell like this ever so often..comes with taking a nap during the day, Which I did!! It was just too hot to do anything outside, so I puttered indoors.

Groceries, cooking, trying to figure out where to start with a Sunbonnett Sue quilt. I think I finally decided on the 12 " square.. now how to get all those pieces cut out from fabric. Fusible Webbing just seems to stiff. So I got a roll of freezer paper. I think I'll try a sample / one of each. Any suggestion??

I got my jelly roll order today and just LOVE it.. Am thinking of doing something special with it.. Grand daughter who is 20 and in college needs some special huggs. Again, any suggestions?? I wanna use the Jelly Roll - Take A Trip Special.

OK, lets see if my bed will welcome me and I can get off to sleep. Hope to be on earlier tomorrow (today)