PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for the Late Summer issue of The Block

kaydee
September 3rd, 2014, 05:22 PM
And I am very frustrated. I called customer service and was told I had to wait two more weeks before they would consider mailing one out to me. That will be two weeks before they bill for the next issue! And to top it off, they are already selling it online.

I subscribed for a year (and also purchased a gift subscription for a friend), but I doubt I will renew either subscription.

Iris Girl
September 3rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
I just ordered the late summer issue of block this morning, got an email confirmation immediately, and a your order has shipped a few hours later. I do not have a subscription , I just wait till it is available to order. Way to go M*QC !!

Claire Hallman
September 3rd, 2014, 05:32 PM
So, are there 4 issues out or just three?
Thanks, I just went to the store, figured it out and ordered.

Iris Girl
September 3rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
there are now 4 out.

kaydee
September 3rd, 2014, 10:43 PM
I think you have the right idea. You will have yours long before I will have mine, and I have a subscription! By the time they actually respond to the fact that I didn't receive mine, they will probably be sold out. It might be a nice magazine, but it's not worth this much trouble.

Terry L
September 5th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Kaydee, sorry to hear your frustrated. If this was me I would send them an email and explain how this wasn't acceptable having to wait two more weeks before they will consider sending out another magazine. To keep you happy and to keep you as a customer I am sure they will reconsidered. Heck it's worth a try.
Question, do you get a discount for buying a year compared to monthly??

kaydee
September 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I don't think there was a discount, but I'm not sure. I think it was just a billing procedure. I could be wrong.
I think I'll give the email a try. No one else has mentioned that they haven't received their issue, and in the past I received mine within two days of others saying they've received theirs, so I'm pretty sure mine is lost.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 5th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I don't think there was a discount, but I'm not sure. I think it was just a billing procedure. I could be wrong.
I think I'll give the email a try. No one else has mentioned that they haven't received their issue, and in the past I received mine within two days of others saying they've received theirs, so I'm pretty sure mine is lost.
Thanks for the suggestion!please try email. Info@missouriquiltco.com. I'm sure you will get quick resolution.

kaydee
September 6th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Thanks, Jean. I'll give that a try. I tried the "contact us" link, but got no response. Maybe I'll have more luck with the direct email address.

kaydee
September 7th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Well, the good news is they answered my email. The bad news is that now they tell me I have to wait until September 20th before they will do anything about it. That is a week longer than the original two weeks they told me I had to wait, and several weeks past when everyone who doesn't have a subscription will be getting theirs! I find this particularly annoying because NO ONE ElSE has mentioned that they haven't received their copy.

Customer Service? I don't think so!

Mpyles
September 7th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Well, the good news is they answered my email. The bad news is that now they tell me I have to wait until September 20th before they will do anything about it. That is a week longer than the original two weeks they told me I had to wait, and several weeks past when everyone who doesn't have a subscription will be getting theirs! I find this particularly annoying because NO ONE ElSE has mentioned that they haven't received their copy.

Customer Service? I don't think so!

Do you need the magazine in a rush? If so I will gladly forward my issue to you and you can return it when you receive yours??

Granny Judy
September 7th, 2014, 03:48 PM
KayDee. You are NOT ALONE with the magazine problem. I received my first & second magazine 2 weeks later than everyone else.. Had to call and get my 3rd and 4th one sent to me. Waited a month past delivery dates of everyone else.. (It came from the store and not the publisher) So If you are having problems,, it is with the publisher.. They are the ones who don't get your magazine out promptly.

I still don't know if my problem is resolved and will have to wait til the next mailing before taking further action.

kaydee
September 7th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the offer, Mary, but I don't need yours. I could go to my local quilting store and get it even faster. Or I could have ordered it when they offered it with free shipping. Lots of possibilities -- except, of course, getting the one I ordered in a timely manner.

Good thing I have nothing else to do besides trying to get something I ordered and paid for sent to me.

Thanks again for your generous offer.

kaydee
September 7th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks for sharing that Judy. Question, though, how did you get the 4th one sent to you? That's the one I'm trying to get sent to me!!

I do think it is likely the magazine was mailed by the publisher. I just never received it. In the past, I've gotten it the same time everyone else announced they received it. Unfortunately, I live in a very unreliable USPS delivery route. Not too long ago I received a large package (from a very expensive women's clothing store) with my house number, but a different street name than mine. I ended up taking the package to the addressed recipient myself.

Frequently my neighbor knocks on my door with my mail b/c it has been miss-delivered to her house. They were out of the country for a month, so I thought perhaps they had my magazine in their held mail. I waited until they got home to confirm they hadn't gotten it by mistake before I contacted M*.

I'm not upset that I didn't get it at the same time everyone else did. I'm upset that M* is now making me wait until September 20th before they will ship me one, even though mine is clearly lost. I'm annoyed that they've listed it online (with free postage, nonetheless) even though they claim some subscriptions are still not delivered.

As it looks now, I'm likely to get the "Late Summer" issue in early October.

kaydee
September 8th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Yay! M* has informed me they are sending me a replacement magazine. I can't wait to get it!

Thank you M*!

Crossing my fingers that the mailman that day gets it in the right box this time! 86701