PDA

View Full Version : Eyelet lace fabric

Linda Claudette
July 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I am trying to collect eyelet fabric. I love it but in our little town they only have one pattern in white or off white. I find clothes at garage sales and places like that. But I want MORE, MORE, MORE!!! LOL

Sandy Navas
July 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM
You, my dear friend, have got it bad . . . I just collect fabric. Are you planning an eyelet fabric quilt?

Dragonfly
July 28th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I assume you mean broderie anglaise fabric, if so ebay has a listing for it although it seems a lot of the items are lace rather than fabric.
http://shop.ebay.com.au/items/_W0QQ_sopZ12?_nkw=broderie%20anglaise%20fabric&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313
Try putting it into google, you will find lots of listings for it. This is not normally a quilting fabric so you are unlikely to find it at your LQS.

PS When I was married, I had 3 flower girls and I insisted their dresses had to be broderie anglaise, lol it was the middle of winter and I was looking for a summer weight fabric...it took me ages but I eventually found enough in the colour I wanted to make the 3 dresses.

janluna
July 28th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I love eyelet trims. I did fan blocks for a someone and edged the 1/4 circle with the eyelet. It turned out wonderful! I got mine at Joann's Fabric. I was surprised at the colors they had because I usually only find white or off white. I also found some at Walmart. They had red!!! I couldn't believe it! Good luck in your search. Online is sure to find something for you. Hugs, Jan L

Linda Claudette
July 29th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Hi Lynn,

I've never heard of broderie anglaise. I had to look it up. Most of that looks fancier than what I've got in mind. But it is beautiful. You taught me a new word. Thanks!

Linda Claudette
July 29th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Janluna, I found a nice red eyelet blouse today at a second-hand shop. It is about 1/2 yard and is in great shape. So far I've got light blue, dark blue and lots of white and then little bits of other colors. Our Walmart only has white and off white. I guess I'll have to wait until I can get out of town. In the mean time I just keep looking for clothing, curtains, baby things, etc at sales.

I hope I can get enough to make my idea a reality.

Linda Claudette
July 29th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Hi Sandy,

Yes I have an idea in mind if I can just get enough eyelet fabric. I found a good buy today (actually Thursday) for only 50 cents! But I still need brown or wine color or brick color. I haven't seen anything like that so far. Wish me luck.

Dragonfly
July 29th, 2011, 04:45 AM
So now I am curious as to what this eyelet fabric is, any possibility of someone posting a photo?

Linda Claudette
July 29th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Hi Lynn,

I would if I knew how. But if you type eyelet fabric in a search engine on the internet and click on pictures you can see. It is really pretty. You usually see it in summer dresses, wedding dresses, baby clothes and curtains. It is beautiful and there are so many different types too.

Linda Claudette
July 29th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Below is the link to examples of eyelet fabric.

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/apparel/apparel-fabric/cotton-and-cotton-blend/cotton-and-cotton-blend-basics/eyelet.htm?gclid=CNe4g-uMpqoCFcYH2god0QdVXg&N=6655

Dragonfly
July 29th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Ok Thanks, so it is quite similar in some ways to broderie anglaise but does not appear to have actual holes in the fabric, it's very pretty.

lilsnailquilts
July 29th, 2011, 06:19 AM
why dont you try your hand at dyeing some of the white you have. there are nice tutorials on utube and it's another really fun tool that you'll have in your toolbelt. Id love to see what you are doing with it :)

sunflower1944
July 29th, 2011, 10:04 AM
That was my thought too - why not dye some of the white?