PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday, Oh My!

Blondie
July 28th, 2011, 08:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/1cjg.gif

Welcome to Thursday, Ladies

It will be a short day at work for me today. Which is good for me but not for my wallet. Still, I can always make lemonade. I haven't accomplished much sewing at all; just some hand quilting last night; I did get some canning done and then fixed a nice big veggie dinner with what was left. My tummy was very happy. Glad I got that done because the weather folk are saying the heat is coming back today . . . didn't know it went anywhere! Lisa, I will take some cool weather from you!

Cathy, I need some hay for my garden for wintering. Also some good manure. Is goat manure hot? Or is it more like horse, cow that can be applied without burning?

Newbie, love bluegrass music; cut my teeth on flat footing to those marvelous stringed instruments.

lhayes, hope your back is better today. I hurt for you.

Ladies, hope you are going to enjoy this lovely day wherever you are. Review and count your many blessings.

Monique
July 28th, 2011, 08:44 AM
OH dear Blondie IT IS FRIDAY!!!!! You have missed another day.

Well I am back from vacation. No hydro, no phone and no noise. Wonderful and quiet. Good company and good food. Got to fish as much as I liked. And I was the fisherwoman, caught the most. Had a great time.

Off again to my son's in Kingston today. He graduates tomorrow from his course and of course Mom wouldn't want to miss it. AND I need a baby fix. Haven't seen Maizyn since July 9. Missing her lots.

So not much quilting in the next few days at least. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

Monique
July 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I forgot to add "And that's ok" Blondie!!

Bubby
July 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Monique, sorry to tell you but it's Thursday!!! Now you'll have an extra day to enjoy your family.....Be safe. Barb

Bubby
July 28th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Blondie, you're okay...it's Thursday. I'm taking your message to heart and reviewing and counting my many blessings. I try to live with an attitude of gratitude. We all have so many things to be thankful for, but if we're not mindful of that it's easy to get caught in the negative side of things. A few years ago I starting writing in a gratitude journal and I'm still keeping up with it. The journal itself is a blessing because I can look back over the years and remember blessings I forgot about. We are women/men who have an added blessing of sharing our creativity with others. Wishing you all a blessed day. Barb

Monique
July 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
HOLY BEEJEEBERS!!!!!!!! I just realized I WAS WRONG AND NOT BLONDIE! I have been in the bush too long. I am soooo sorry Blondie. DO I FEEL STUPID NOW!!! Have a great THURSDAY today and a wonderful Friday TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oxoxoxoxoxox

Sandy Navas
July 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I think Monique did more on her vacation than throw a few hooks in the water . . . MONIQUE, it's THURSDAY. :-)

I'm beginning to think I am up too early today . . . the brain is numb. I just cleaned my glasses but think my eyeballs need cleaned, too as everything is pretty fuzzy today. So, I'm going to lay low and not bore everyone here.

Cheers, blessings, prayers, hugs, and good tidings to all.

RFREE
July 28th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Hello everybody and Happy THURSDAY!!! Lets not make it go any faster o.k.I have to return to work next wednesday after being off all summer so lets slllooowwww d o w n a bit o.k.?
Dont worry Monique, as Sandy sais "Dementia hurts" it only hurts for a little while then you forget about it:) ha ha lol
Ihayes=I am with you on the back pain. I live in constant pain with my back and neck. Can't hardly get around this morning like most mornings. Car wreck ions ago. I am allergic to most all pain meds(prob wouldn't take them anyway) so Ibuprofen helps now and then.
Sandy your not boring you are a hoot!I must private message you about a old singer a friend just gave me.I can't get the feed dogs to feed....
Nothing much going on today. My brother,his wife and their 3 kids are coming over this afternoon to swim,Might let Pizza Hut handle this one ha ha.Lets just hope the Maggots aren't flying today!If you don't get that just read my Anybody need a good laugh post from a few days ago.To funny....
Yall have a good one.TTFN
Rhonda

quiltingtrish
July 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Happy Day everyone!
I wondered where the 'respite' from the heat was yesterday too. I was at Dads from 10 in the morning until 8 at night and had to take long breaks. Turned on Dads tv and the weather gal said - enjoy the respite from the heat because it's coming again up to and through the weekend. As I'm sitting there with sweat pouring over me, drinking my water, wondering where this gal is filming from.
Did get lots done without him hovering over me telling me how to do it all. De-weeded, trimmed branches, mowed, picked the garden, watered the garden, and threw some clean sheets on his bed. Even washed up some winter blankets for him. It's ready for him when he comes home tomorrow night. When I got home, I crawled into bed.

Off to the dentist for me this morning. He told me back in February that I have a small cavity and I told him I'd come in the summer. It's summer. I'd rather go other places than the dentist, but it's just a little cavity so we'll get it over and done with.

Odie is in the air. They left at 1:17 PM yesterday and should land in South Korea around 11:00 this morning. Please keep praying for his pilots. He has his cell phone and said he will text again if he can once they land. He's not sure if the phone will work over there.

Better get the day started.

Hugs,

toggpine
July 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Good Morning!
Blondie, I'd suggest that you compost all manure at least one year before adding it to your garden. If you can't, then add the fresh stuff sparingly in the fall once you have pulled everything up, and let it age over the winter. Then till it under in the spring once the ground can be worked. The year long composting will kill off most of the seeds that are left in the poo and break down the clumps (turn or till it over a couple of times). We have built some fine gardens using our compost. I'd say it is free, but I know how much money went in the front end!
I don't know, Trish, all of the dentist offices I have ever been in are like an ice box. The dentist in summer seems like a fine idea to me!
Of course we'll keep Odie in our prayers. Somebody has to protect our service men and women. Our fearless leaders aren't doing such a hot job of anything at the moment.
Rhonda: burgers, hotdogs, or pizza is the universal answer to most house guests with kids!
Barb: I like the idea of a blessings journal. Now to find the time to write in it....
I need to get on with the day as well. Morning chores, speech therapy for Em, the bank, the feed mill, and the grocery store are on the errands list. Then I have to figure out how to re-stack 75-100 bales of really sloppily baled hay, so I can get the new stuff in the barn tomorrow. Hmmm. It might be pizza night here too! I'd better get started!
You all take care and have a great day! Cathy

meemeecyn
July 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! Glad to see I'm not the only one to get confused! haha! On my list of blessings is all of you!!!!

Shirley
July 28th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Happy Thursday to everyone :)
Oh! I am terrible about what day it is. Being retired does that to you. I will talk about it being Friday when it is only Thursday!! And I do it alot :) Don't feel bad Monique - you are not alone.
Speaking of manure on gardens I would like to know: Is it best to till in the old manure in the fall or let it rest upon the garden?? I have no one to ask this question to since my parents are gone and all of my older relatives too. I am the "old relative" now :)
I have so much to be thankful for - just can't thank the Lord enough!! I am thankful for all of you my friends. We can learn so much from one another and it is wonderful to have someone to talk to each day! Have a great day Ladies, it will be a hot one. Yesterday it was 111 here and it felt like it.
Shirley

Lisaau
July 28th, 2011, 11:27 AM
ROFL !!!! ....I'm sitting here scratching me head thinking " no its thursday for you and 12.26am friday morning for me .. or did I miss friday and just jump into saturday " hahaha had me worried ...rofl !!!! ((((((Monique))))))

pdjewelrylady
July 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
HAPPY THURSDAY everyone!! :)
missing chatting with y'all so thought i would drop a quick hi and hello! I have been lurking this month.... heeehehe ;)
working around the house and a little in the yard. not much really. no sewing is the worst part!! :( but will be back cutting and piecing soon!! looking forward to it more than ever! :)
my neighborlady brought over a Vadallia onion pie last night that was really good! I will try and get the recipe and post it.
Star swap blocks are ready to swap today and the WILDs will be swapped tomorrow afternoon!! YIPPPPPEEEEE - they are all so wonderful! I love love love them and you will too! Thank you for your patience ladies. Be sure to watch for the new swap to be posted soon - Fancy Florals ;)
HUGS to all my quiltylady friends!! sew something fun today!! :)

Loonwatcher
July 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Monique,
Well I am back from vacation. Well it must have been a great vacation if you don't know what day it is.

Rhonda,
I have to return to work next wednesday after being off all summer so lets slllooowwww d o w n a bit o.k.? - No wonder you've been getting so many projects done. Good for you!

Sandy - feel better soon.

Suzi - glad you're done "lurking" and back to chatting. Can't wait to get my star blocks.

Everyone have a great day!!!

patticakes
July 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Hiya!
Just popped on to see what everyone was up to today and had to check my calendar to what day it really is?? Let's pretend it's always Friday here, just like the TGIF people!
Bought 6 thrifted queen and king size sheets yesterday. They are all washed, folded and ready for use. It is amazing how much material you get and I only paid $2.99 and $3.99 each. I could of bought a bunch more but noticed that on Tuesday it's 20% for anyone 55 and older. Never thought I would want to be in that senior discount category, but this made me want to make a trip back next Tuesday. I also bought a little pyrex dish for $1.99 and a "like brand new" little bike at $6.99 for Frankie when he comes to Papa's house.
Today was little Gabriel's heart surgery. He went in at 7 am and last update I had at 11:30 all was going well. They expect it to take 5 or 6 hours. Hoping to hear it is a success soon!
Well...back to stuff I should have done already!

Blondie
July 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/HeresYourSign.jpg

Monique, I HAVE entered the wrong day not long ago - so easy for me to get turned around. I am letting you share my "sign" . LOL.

Sandy, are you okay? Don't make me come over there and take your temp, BP, etc. I don't think you could ever bore me!

Cathy, thanks for the info on the manure. I want to spread it over my garden this fall and let it decompose until spring. So, I was thinking correctly, it appears. Nice to know, hehehe

Trish, glad that you were able to work without marching orders and supervision. I don't know what that is like. My Mom has taken Daddy's place in the "this is how I do it" department. Good grief. And yes, the heat is AWFUL.
I often wonder why these old gals come to get their hair done. I do think they sleep sitting up because their hair looks okay after a week. I look like the Bride of Frankenstein each morning.

Barb, I just love you to pieces. I can't tell you how often I have thanked the Lord for directing you to our group here. Big hugs!!!!!!!!!

Linda, will look forward to the Vidalia pie recipe. I still have some from an early summer fund drive. I LOVE them with everything and anyway.

Patti, I do most of my shopping at the thrifts. I cut up sheets, shirts, skirts, dresses, curtains, etc for my fabric. Saves me a ton and I don't feel deprived. Last week I was lucky enough to find a queen sheet in flannel that will be perfect for some rag patch gifts for Christmas.

Lisa, I reckon we can say that you are always ahead of the times! hehehe
Here's a splash of HOT North Carolina sunshine for your day/evening. Enjoy the swelter.

After I got off work, I went to the $$ Store and got some scratch pads for my paper piecing patterns and some plastic containers for my strips and strings. I have to add a few at a time to this. Ultimately I would like to be able to have containers for the various widths and colors just like Bonnie Hunter. Sigh. She is my hero.

Okies, off to get a head start on supper. Chicken casserole tonite. Nothing fancy but I am starved, so can hardly wait for the man to get home.

BIG HUGS TO ALL. I may be sweaty but I use deodorant and bathe twice a day in this weather.

sewsoft
July 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM
You all are having way too much fun without me. I thought yesterday was Friday- I'm so lost this week.
Who's all thinking about joining in for the next swap?

donnah818
July 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Lucky Me . I am retired and don't care what day it is. And I never know what day it is. Good day to everyone what ever day makes you happy Donna

Txgrandma
July 28th, 2011, 09:12 PM
It is a day to be thankful and count our blessings. Another attack on Ft. Hood was avoided today thanks to God and law enforcement. A soldier that was reported to be AWOL from Ft. Campbell was found in a hotel in Killeen, TX with several weapons and bomb making materials. He alledgedly admitted that Ft. Hood personnel were his targets. My son and his family are stationed there as they were during the first attack. That was the longest day of my life and it gave me several more gray hairs I'm sure, so glad I didn't have to live through it all over again. This mom and grandma is thanking God tonight. I know it's possible some of you may have a family member stationed there also, if so give them my thanks and gratitude for what they are doing for us and our country. Hope everyone had a great day and stayed as cool a possible, another hot one here.

Sandy Navas
July 28th, 2011, 11:03 PM
You all are having way too much fun without me. I thought yesterday was Friday- I'm so lost this week.
Who's all thinking about joining in for the next swap?

Thinking about it - I need to get my BFB in gear though and finish some other things first.

Sandy Navas
July 28th, 2011, 11:05 PM
It is a day to be thankful and count our blessings. Another attack on Ft. Hood was avoided today thanks to God and law enforcement. A soldier that was reported to be AWOL from Ft. Campbell was found in a hotel in Killeen, TX with several weapons and bomb making materials. He alledgedly admitted that Ft. Hood personnel were his targets. My son and his family are stationed there as they were during the first attack. That was the longest day of my life and it gave me several more gray hairs I'm sure, so glad I didn't have to live through it all over again. This mom and grandma is thanking God tonight. I know it's possible some of you may have a family member stationed there also, if so give them my thanks and gratitude for what they are doing for us and our country. Hope everyone had a great day and stayed as cool a possible, another hot one here.

Mary, I wasn't aware of this - I sometimes have my head in the sand and don't catch the news. There isn't a day goes by that I don't thank God and our soldiers for our freedoms and protection! Thank your family members for me. Thank God they are safe.

quiltingtrish
July 28th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I am so happy to hear they got the guy before he could do anything. Prayers coming for the heartaches and the extra gray hairs. I don't know what the post is like today but I was stationed there in 1982 and so easy to get on base. I hope they have closed it up since then.

HUGS,

janluna
July 28th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, You all were busy today! I'm on late again. As for the thinking it's Friday, I never know what day it is either. LOL
Patti, we are praying with all our hearts for Gabriel! Love and hugs to you and your family, Honey.
Sandy, I hope you will feel better soon. Praying! I do that a lot.
Trish, Odie is in our prayers everyday! Joe and I pray together everyday for all those in need on our prayer list. Then we pray for everyone we know, that includes all of you. I love you all! With prayer, comes answers and blessings, protection and of course God's love. It's a blessing in its self. And it brings peace.
Lisa, like Blondie, I'm sending you some heat. I have more than I need! LOL
Love and hugs to you all, Jan L

Txgrandma
July 29th, 2011, 05:00 AM
I am so happy to hear they got the guy before he could do anything. Prayers coming for the heartaches and the extra gray hairs. I don't know what the post is like today but I was stationed there in 1982 and so easy to get on base. I hope they have closed it up since then.
HUGS,

It is really large, a city in itself. The security to get in is really very lax. Get a pass at the visitor center, drive to the gate and everyone in the vehicle show ID and your in. When they have special events such as July 4th all you had to do is go to the gate show ID and your in. They tightened up on security for a few days after the first attack, that was it. Thanks Sandy and everyone else for the prayers it really means a lot to the soldiers and their families.