PDA

View Full Version : Need a good laugh anyone???

RFREE
July 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM
O.k. This is the funny story I was talking about a couple days ago. Here about 2 weeks ago we had a sudden storm with lots of wind and rain round about dark. Well the next morning my DD decided to go swimming in her pool(first summer having this thing and she absolutely loves it) I was on the phone with one of my sisters(I have 6) and She comes running inside shaking all over with the look of total trauma on her face.She started crying saying OMG this is an emergency mom OMG why is this happening to me???I am going to be sick,Oh please,please,please get off the phone this is an emergency the pool is full of MAGGOTS!!!!!Needless to say I hung up and went out to see what she was talking about.Well it was full of tiny white maggot looking things that appeared to be wiggling!!! After several tense moments of pondering over this;in my daughters eyes total devastation;I figured out it wasn't maggots at all but corn tousles from the corn that completely surrounds my house.I never laughed so hard in all my life.After she recovered...ha ha she laughed too. We got it skimmed out and all was well.So we decided to play a trick on my DH who was still in bed at the time.We had slapped the net against the pool and you could see all the (what appeared to be maggots) all over the side of the pool.My DH got up and we took him out to show him all the "MAGGOTS" that were in the pool.(Keep in mind he is a city boy)He was shocked saying "No way?It can't be maggots"? and he was especially shocked when I fished one out of the pool and bit it and said"Yea it even tastes like a maggot!" He just looked at me and said "You ain't right Rhonda!" Of course I let him know it was just corn tousles and we all had a good laugh over it!! To funny.
Anyway I hope this gives yall a good laugh this morning. Have a great day!!

sewsoft
July 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM
That's a cute story. What a beautiful view.

Loonwatcher
July 26th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Too funny!

Bubby
July 26th, 2011, 01:05 PM
It made my day...thanks, Rhonda...Barb

janluna
July 26th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Too funny Rhonda! Hugs, Jan L

quilter.martha
July 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Great story, and what a relief it must have been to learn those things weren't maggots! Ohhh how I hate them. Almost as much as earwigs, ticks and black flies. Oh yeah, and mosquitos.

Sandy Navas
July 26th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Rhonda, I almost lost my lunch through my nose. You are too much!!

Linda Claudette
July 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
THAT was laugh out loud funny! Thanks. I'm still smiling...

Pat Miller
July 26th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Martha, you forgot roaches and lizards.
Pat

SummerK
July 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
You bit it! LOL! So funny!

RFREE
July 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
The only thing I wish I had done at the time was take a picture of her face. Yall she was absolutely mortified!!!
I don't care who you are that was funny!! I am still cracked up over it. It stormed last night too and the first thing out of Hollys mouth was " the maggots are gonna fly tonight!". Oh my goodness ain't it good to laugh out loud every now and then!!!

Txgrandma
July 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
There is nothing quite like a child to make life interesting and funny. Thanks for the laugh. I love "the maggots are gonna fly tonight" I can see everyone rolling in the floor over that one.

bec
July 26th, 2011, 08:33 PM
You are too funny, Rhonda! I laughed until I cried. I needed that.

MaryB
July 26th, 2011, 10:25 PM
ROFLMAYO, Rhonda. Great story. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers, Mary B.

SuzyQue
July 27th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Great story....will have to share with my "farmer" husband. He will love it, too!

Carol_Ann
July 27th, 2011, 02:36 AM
What a nasty trick to pull on your hubby. LOL .... I would have done the same thing!