PDA

View Full Version : Why are digital versions of Block so darn hard to find?

sassygranny
August 23rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
I go through the same frustration every time a new issue of Block comes out. I would like to subscribe to the digital version, but the only subscription I can find is the paper version. Now, a digital subscription MAY exist...but I can't find it! I have a hard enough time trying to find the individual digital issues. When I click the link in the narrative that says something like "if you'd like the less expensive digital version, click here..." All I get when I click that is access to Vol 1, Issue 1. ARRRRGH! I'd love a list where I can just click the issues I'm missing, pay for them and download them. I think I am missing two...the June and current issue. But if the June issue *IS* the current issue (it's kind of hard to tell for sure) - then I'm missing two. Why is this so hard? Y'all do everything else pretty well. :)

K. McEuen
August 23rd, 2014, 02:27 PM
The new issue isn't available yet. Easy way to find the page where all the issues are is to type "magazine" in the site search bar.

Sharyn J
August 23rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
The first three Block digital downloads are available, but the recent one is not available yet. Will probably be there soon.
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/browse?q=magazine

sewlucky
August 23rd, 2014, 03:22 PM
I love the idea of a digital subscription option! Especially good for those of us outside of the USA who can't purchase the paper version of the subscription. I just downloaded the summer edition yesterday (got the first two paper editions on Freaky Friday) and love it. Will be getting digital from now on!

Terri

bubba
August 23rd, 2014, 06:07 PM
I don't understand why there is not the option for the subscription for the digital version.....it only makes sense!!! But then, I'm still puzzled as to why it takes about three extra weeks for it to even be ready!

K. McEuen
August 23rd, 2014, 08:21 PM
But then, I'm still puzzled as to why it takes about three extra weeks for it to even be ready!

I think they are going on the premise "subscribers have their privileges." I know they talked about holding off on the single copy purchase and the digital purchase so subscribers got their magazines ahead of time in one thread. But, I also thought they had discussed digital subscriptions too.

Granny Fran
August 24th, 2014, 08:48 AM
I was hoping the extra time was to correct errors in the printed edition. When I called about that, the reply was that the corrections page was the same for both. Oh, well, still love both (got my first paper edition on Freaky Friday just days after I purchased the digital one..who knew?)

Thanks for the info though, it is helpful
I think they are going on the premise "subscribers have their privileges." I know they talked about holding off on the single copy purchase a.nd the digital purchase so subscribers got their magazines ahead of time in one thread. But, I also thought they had discussed digital subscriptions too.