PDA

View Full Version : Depot Dog

Hulamoon
August 17th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Took Kiko down to see the grand kids. That was fun. Stopped on the way back at Home Depot garden dept. The clerk fell in love with him. He was good on the way down there (45 min) but on the way back he was under the seats and even came by my feet. I need to make a tote. lol

bubba
August 17th, 2014, 02:25 AM
He should be harnessed or kenneled in in the car. If you get in a wreck he would go airborne and that would not be good!

bubba
August 17th, 2014, 02:25 AM
However, he is adorable....looks feisty!

Hulamoon
August 17th, 2014, 02:29 AM
I know, I don't know what I was thinking. I have a carrier for when I take the cat's to the vet. One of those blonde moments.

Midge
August 17th, 2014, 02:33 AM
LOL, Mom, he's bored. Bring toys. You should probably get a kennel for him since he will stay small. When I sprang my current furbaby from doggie jail he was young enough that he tolerated a kennel. Which he then outgrew. But as he grew he realized car rides were awesome, he wanted to be able to see out the window. OK, so I'm a real sucker. I buy the bolster seat thingy and a harness. Initially it worked. Then he decided his place was standing up leaning on me. Doesn't matter what kind of harness I get, he chews through it pretty promptly. I've spent a fortune on this issue. Those car harnesses are not cheap. And my car is a coupe, so a large kennel is not an option. *Sigh*. I'm a pushover when it's short distances, but I don't go on the freeway with him very often.

rebeccas-sewing
August 17th, 2014, 05:27 AM
These car seats/boosters look like they'd work just great, but if your pet chews through the restraints I can see that would present a problem. What if you changed out the restraints to something that he/she can't chew through. There must be something out there that would work. Maybe chain for the parts that don't go around the neck or body?

http://www.petco.com/N_22_4294956564_4294957464/Dog-Crates-Kennels-and-Carriers.aspx

What kind of dog is he? He is the cutest little guy.

irishrn
August 17th, 2014, 07:32 AM
He is a cutie! I always worry about mine in the car. My 88 pound lab lies on the back seat the whole time till I turn off the engine!
But my shelties had to see what was going on so they were in seat belt harnesses!

tiffanym
August 17th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Dog Goggles (http://www.doggoggles.com)

I wish these were around when my dad's dog was alive. Poor thing suffered from dry eyes but could never resist the open breeze.

Auntpiggylpn
August 17th, 2014, 09:34 AM
We bought this one for our 10# Pomeranian Toby. It is big enough that he can curl up and sleep in it. It has a strap that you hook to his collar to secure him and prevent him from jumping out. Toby loves it and he can still see out the window. He is our traveling dog and goes everywhere with us. We bought ours on Ebay. Solvit Tagalong Deluxe Booster Pet Car Seat at PETCO (http://t.petco.com/product/112166/Solvit-Tagalong-Deluxe-Booster-Pet-Car-Seat.aspx)

Genny
August 17th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Took Kiko down to see the grand kids. That was fun. Stopped on the way back at Home Depot garden dept. The clerk fell in love with him. He was good on the way down there (45 min) but on the way back he was under the seats and even came by my feet. I need to make a tote. lol

Hes so dang cute!

Hulamoon
August 17th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Rebecca he's a Bichon Frise Shih Tzu Mix. I sort of jumped in and got him without looking at stats. It's the most bred dog mix out there.

Thanks for the Petco links!

Eriepatch
August 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Don't mean to be a downer but another issue of taking such a young puppy places before he's had all
of his shots are catching a disease. Many dog diseases are airborne. Be sure and don't let him walk around
and especially not sniff where other dogs have done their business.
He's way too precious to let anything happen to him!

easyquilts
August 17th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I have a small seatbelt thingy that I use for ...my chihuahuas. It clips on his harness, then the seatbelt is passed through the loup. I know I haven't explained it tight, but it keeps Finn ans Spencer (whoever is riding with me) safe, comfirtable, snd in one place . We got it at Petsmart shortly after Finny joined our family. My guys are so light that they would fly right through the windshield if I had to make a sudden stop.

Hulamoon
August 17th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I'll check Pet smart out!

I decided to make my own though for now. I have a file crate that I bought from wallys last year. It was for my bike. I'm going to make a quilted lining for it and buy some straps.

I can't believe this little guy got paper trained so fast! I was reading they were hard. I feel blessed about that. lol

Midge
August 17th, 2014, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=rebeccas-sewing;578018]These car seats/boosters look like they'd work just great, but if your pet chews through the restraints I can see that would present a problem. What if you changed out the restraints to something that he/she can't chew through. There must be something out there that would work. Maybe chain for the parts that don't go around the neck or body?

Dog Car Seats - Small Dog Car Seat and Dog Booster Car Seat from PETCO.com (http://www.petco.com/N_22_4294956564_4294957464/Dog-Crates-Kennels-and-Carriers.aspx)

Rebecca, not sure if you meant me or Lorie about finding a suitable replacement harness. This is probably the only thing that would work for my own little Houdini.