PDA

View Full Version : Why Did the Price Change?

ozziepuppy
August 16th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Saturday: I have been looking at the Kaffe Fassett jelly roll all week, trying to decide how many to get. I figured I would place an order on Saturday when I had more time to think and was not at work. It was a Weekly Special for around $27. Now today the price has suddenly jumped to around $34. I thought the price did not change on Weekly Specials until Sunday. Just wondering why the price changed early this week.

vchale
August 16th, 2014, 12:22 PM
In the email I got this morning it was listed at $27.85. I know there have been problems before with weekly specials disappearing early. By my calculations prices should not change until midnight central time. If you want to order I would try to call the shop but if they don't answer I would leave a message and send an email and then go ahead and order. I'm sure they will honor that price.
I just double checked and the website says prices change on Monday so good until midnight CT on Sunday.

Hulamoon
August 16th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I found this in a different thread.https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/quiltingspecials

I would call them. It's beautiful fabric!

vchale
August 16th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Now I'm really confused. The email says weekly specials are Sunday to Saturday yet the website as noted above says specials change on Sunday so new ones start Monday. Looks like something that needs to get fixed. Regardless, the price should still be good today. Maybe Al can clarify or get this fixed??

ozziepuppy
August 16th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Good suggestions! Hopefully M* will be able to fix whatever software glitch is causing this. In the meantime, I actually found some good sales on Kaffe Fassett fabric elsewhere. Maybe this information will help with future specials though. :)

K. McEuen
August 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I let the web guy know and he's fixed the prices and promised to work on the issue of them changing a day early with hopes of getting the fix in place by the time they change next week.

ozziepuppy
August 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Karen, That's great! Thanks a lot!

ozziepuppy
August 16th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Well, this is just not my day! I decided to go ahead and order two of the Weekly Special Kaffe Fassett jelly rolls tonight, since the price has been fixed. I went to that page and found this:

Yes indeed. It is back to the correct price. . . but it is no longer available.

Seriously, I guess I am just not meant to have this fabric. :icon_shake:

stationarymom
August 17th, 2014, 01:50 AM
put it on your wish list when it comes in they will notify you.I'm not sure if you can get a rain check for it.

ozziepuppy
August 17th, 2014, 03:56 PM
put it on your wish list when it comes in they will notify you.I'm not sure if you can get a rain check for it.

Since there are no rain checks when Daily Deals run out I imagine there are no rain checks for when Weekly Specials run out, unfortunately.