PDA

View Full Version : DIY instead of store bought

Madeforyouinma11
August 15th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Back in February, Countrywench started this thread...http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-discussion/17490-handy-household-hints-tips.html
There are so many great ideas here..if you haven't looked at it, you should.
I was wondering if any of you make your own cleaning supplies instead of buying them at the store.
I have started to make my own laundry soap and dishwashing soap. Both of them are my first batch so I'm still in the testing stages and working out some of the changes for the next batch.
If any of you are making your own, and have had a good experience with your product, I thought it would be nice to share with everyone...if you want to share that is.... I know I'm doing it to save money and I like the idea of knowing what I am cleaning with. Some of the products out there have so many chemicals and they are just so expensive!

irishrn
August 15th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I'd be interested too!!

WendyI
August 15th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Well I'm curious to know how many are using the suggestions and recipes that were posted and which were the best.

Madeforyouinma11
August 15th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Doesn't look like anyone wants to play ladies...sorry.

sewelegant
August 15th, 2014, 10:43 PM
I think only because this is under general chit-chat! I can say I've never, ever looked at this section before my post about the hints/tips spreadsheet compiled.

K. McEuen
August 15th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Just a note: the two posts from today were moved to General Chit-Chat because that is what category they belong in. General Discussion is for Quilting Discussion. Chit Chat is for all other off-topic things. I move them as I catch them. Threads that have been in place for a long time I leave alone. By moving them it makes the search function of the forum work better.

bubba
August 16th, 2014, 01:30 AM
I have never done this, nor will I. I have and get severe skin reactions when I change soaps, etc so I stick with what I know is safe!

FabStripper
August 16th, 2014, 01:47 AM
I made this spray for the toilet bowl and I hear back from every body that they really like it and want more. DIY Poo Poo Bathroom Spray (Printable Labels Included) - iSaveA2Z.com (http://www.isavea2z.com/diy-poo-poo-bathroom-spray-printable-labels-included/)

Madeforyouinma11
August 16th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Just a note: the two posts from today were moved to General Chit-Chat because that is what category they belong in. General Discussion is for Quilting Discussion. Chit Chat is for all other off-topic things. I move them as I catch them. Threads that have been in place for a long time I leave alone. By moving them it makes the search function of the forum work better.

Oops, sorry...I usually pay attention to that too. My mistake. :(

Madeforyouinma11
August 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I made this spray for the toilet bowl and I hear back from every body that they really like it and want more. DIY Poo Poo Bathroom Spray (Printable Labels Included) - iSaveA2Z.com (http://www.isavea2z.com/diy-poo-poo-bathroom-spray-printable-labels-included/)

I seen this just recently...not the DIY, but the real stuff. I was cracking up laughing and thought it was a joke. When I found out it was real, I told my hubby that there are a few people that are going to get it in their stockings this year as their joke gift...lol