PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls Think Deep Thoughts.....

pcbatiks
August 15th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Just a couple of silly questions that I found.......

Do you push the elevator button more than once?

Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

And last but not least.......Have you ever got into an elevator.....the doors close & you stand there day dreaming....then realize you haven't pushed the button for the floor you want?

My answers are....Not Usually.......No.........and definitely Yes! :D

I know these are thought provoking questions.........don't let them keep you awake tonight. :D

Have a good evening fellow owls.

Precious1
August 15th, 2014, 02:33 AM
Lol!! I'll play. I used to, but then I realized it was a waste of time. No. I just push the button to do something. Yes! Just did it last week, lol.

MayinJerset
August 15th, 2014, 03:17 AM
Hmm, that's a hard one. I have to go with, No, well maybe and I think Yes. Haven't been in an elevator recently so I don't really remember. I think it's just something people do because they feel silly just standing there doing nothing.

Do you make dumb comments to the others waiting? Things like, "It's always going up when I want to go down." Well it is!

At least you came up with something to think about. This Night Owl's mind is blank. Should be thinking of a few minor problems I have to take care of tomorrow but I'm just sitting here in my new pink dress looking at the moon and smiling the night away,

stationarymom
August 15th, 2014, 03:27 AM
I would have to say some times if I'm not sure the message was sent,no and no

irishrn
August 15th, 2014, 09:35 AM
The hospital I worked at for years had an annoying ding ding ding when the doors didn't close fast enough. Sometimes the visitors would look concerned and would ask if there was something wrong with the elevator!
I always cheerful said:" nothing to worry about. It's a male elevator and just too inpatient waiting for the doors to close! "
The women always laughed. Sometimes the men would just glare!!
My fun for the day!
And to your question: No on all three!!
Have a great weekend!!!

cyndiofthevortex
August 15th, 2014, 09:42 AM
I only push once, but I do have an elevator story. When I was up visiting my brother at the hospital where he had his cancer surgery, I got into an elevator with a heavy sweatshirt on. I was going up 3 floors and the elevators were kind of slow there, so I decided I had enough time to take off my sweatshirt before I got to my floor. Well, my arms got stuck, I hit my glasses and they went all askew on my face and I could not get the dumb thing off before the doors opened again. There I am, my sweatshirt wrapped around me like a straight jacket with my glasses barely on my face. And there are three doctors and a nurse waiting to get on the elevator when the doors opened. I stumbled out, finally getting my sweatshirt off with the shirt underneath riding up exposing my lovely belly. The four people now in the elevator were completely silent. I'd love to hear what they had to say once the doors closed!

pcbatiks
August 15th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Cyndi......you started my day off with a great laugh! :D Loved your elevator story......I could see it happening!

So does anyone else have an elevator stories?

Sandy Navas
August 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Yes! Once Al's employer sent the staff to a hotel for a three-day lock-down, intense management seminar. And I decided to pay him a special late night visit. Got stuck in the elevator with the hotel's entertainment of the evening: The TEMPTATIONS!!!!! Yes, honest it happened!! They were great and even sang to me - a bit. The elevator was stuck less than 5 minutes. A great night - charged me for the late night visit, that's for sure.