PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it is Thursday already

Monique
August 14th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Good morning friends. Thursday and I have to work today. Which is okay, it will give me the chance to finish up the quilt I have been working on.

Well I did it. I took my row by row quilt to one of the participating stores yesterday and won. I received quite a lot of fabric as a prize. The pictures are in show and tell. I had stopped at Denis' shop to show him and he took a picture and posted it here. He is in the process of moving his shop. There are exciting things happening to him these days. I will keep you posted with updates.

It looks like it will be a cool day here. We are having dinner with friends this evening. Can't stay too long as I work Friday but it should be fun just the same.

I want you all to take a moment and SMILE even if for no other reason. Have a wonderful day friends. :icon_wave:

Bubby
August 14th, 2014, 07:56 AM

Good Morning,

Monique, congratulations on you big win!! I saw the picture Denis posted and your quilt turned out great. Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!! Aren't you blessed to have a job where you can quilt AND make $$!

I wish everyone a Happy Day...choose to be Happy!

MRoy
August 14th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Good morning! Congratulations Monique! Your quilt is so pretty.

I'm thinking that my fabric shopping trip may happen today. I could use a day off the farm. I hope everyone has a great day.

BobW
August 14th, 2014, 09:03 AM
We make a choice, usually not a conscience one, each and every day we get out of bed. It is so much easier to smile than frown. Some times the smile may be "Faked" but it is better to fake it until you can make it.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 14th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Happy Thursday, friends! I'm smiling because I just finished putting together yet another irish chain top. It's my "overnight" quilt. When I can't sleep, I use my machine next to my bed and sew til I get sleepy again. My main sewing area is in the basement, but this machine is so close to the bed I can fall out of the sewing chair and into the bed! Need borders and quilting, so that has to be a downstairs procedure. Started this top in May, I had the blocks done in early June, then while I was costuming, I didn't work on it. Finished putting the blocks together and the rows over the last few nights. Yippee!

Still lots of unrest in our area overnight. It is going to really get out of hand, I fear, with more people hurt or killed. Pray for peace right here in our own city. #1 story on the Today Show this morning.

Hope you all have a good day.

carrie liz
August 14th, 2014, 09:28 AM
This week I hired a helper. She cut and ironed as I sewed and we made good progress on the disappearing pinwheel blocks I had in my UFO pile. She is coming back next week and we will see how much more we can accomplish. I called the LQS and asked them to cut more background fabric. As soon as they got it cut a friend walked in to shop. My friend ended up bringing the fabric to my house saving me a trip. I can't drive anymore so this was a true blessing.

May each of you have a blessed day.
Carolyn

ravelim
August 14th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Monique,what a beautiful quilt. Congrats on your award.

Jean,so sorry you have to worry about such violence. Prayers to you.

Carolyn, What a great idea to have someone to help you. Prayers to you as well.

Well, finally got my sewing room moved into my music room. What a combo for me. My 2 favorite things , sewing and stitching.

The children go back to school here today although my DD students don'y start until Monday.

DG goes to college on Monday, too. Wow where did the years go. It seems like she was just a baby. But then wasn't it just yesterday's her mother was a baby?

Smiles and happiness to everyone.

HandsOffItsMine
August 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Matt is going back to work today, yesterday happened to be his telecommute day which was a nice way to get back into the groove. His soft diet is being tolerated and his output is almost back to normal. Pain level is "ok" for those who are use to living with chronic pain. Kat is catching up with her housework and mommy duties. The peeps are happy to get back into a routine. Life is back to normal or as normal as family life can be in todays world. ;)

Proud of our Monique with her Quilt win, gorgeous! Use those goodies well, Mon Ami!

Jean, praying that you city settles down.

We're off to my doctor, then Don needs to car for work.

Happy Day folks.

LynneLeavell
August 14th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Jean I am praying for you and all the others that live in Missouri through this tough time. Stay safe.

Everyone else that is in the flooding states prayers going out for you as well. Please stay safe and dry.

Got a lot going on. Finishing a baby quilt tonight so my daughter can give it Saturday as a gift. Then start making my table runners, gift bags and mug rugs. I'm doing the Midi Bag as my gift bags so I have about 18 to 20 to make. I bought a bolt of the panels so I'm good for up to 50 bags.

Everyone have a great day.

Mom23
August 14th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Good Morning All,

I am babysitting this entire week for my two year old nephew so I haven't gotten to sew at all. I am beginning to have withdrawals!! I miss my sewing room so much. We are taking the little guy back to the St. Louis area (Ballwin) tomorrow then spending the weekend in the city. I hope the unrest settles down a bit. Jean, I'm not sure where it is but I assume we will be safe in the downtown area??

Next week I have pretty much cleared my calendar so I can sew, sew, sew!!!

MayinJerset
August 14th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Saw the news about Jean's area and pray that things calm down instead of escalating.

Has anyone heard from Blondie? Asking here as I didn't want to add to the many PM's in her mail box asking her the same question, maybe she's lost her connection in the recent rain storms.

Such a cool summer day, the kind I liked to spend weeding and trimming in the garden. This old body can't do that any longer so I've resigned myself to enjoy the little cute little purple flowers on the weeds while sitting on the deck having lunch or dinner.

So much to do so I better get a move on. Smile and the world smiles with you. .

Claire OneStitchAtATime
August 14th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Honestly, I can hardly read the newspaper these days. So much trauma & unhappiness everywhere. May the participants find the strength & grace & good will & peace that they need.

Sandy Navas
August 14th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Saw the news about Jean's area and pray that things calm down instead of escalating.

Has anyone heard from Blondie? Asking here as I didn't want to add to the many PM's in her mail box asking her the same question, maybe she's lost her connection in the recent rain storms.

Such a cool summer day, the kind I liked to spend weeding and trimming in the garden. This old body can't do that any longer so I've resigned myself to enjoy the little cute little purple flowers on the weeds while sitting on the deck having lunch or dinner.

So much to do so I better get a move on. Smile and the world smiles with you. .

Blondie had a death in the family and has been out of town attending a funeral. She'll be back soon.

Sandy Navas
August 14th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Time is ticking. Al and I have a gigantic auction coming up soon. We've been spending time in the workshop getting things organized - making sure items are clean and complete and in working order, organizing to make it a truly great auction.

Fast forward to this morning - I tell myself I can spend no more than two hours there - wears me out but we are on the downside and getting close to completion. And then it happens.

I took a gigantic fall this morning, tripped over my own feet, landed on a pile of wood scraps, a wooden box, tumbled tools and items of OUCH down on top of me. And I am bruised from head to toe. And I am aching from head to toe. And I thought I'd jump up and continue but my body hurts from head to toe. Guess who has been in bed most of the day?

Other than bruising, sprained and strained muscles, I have a large cut on my left forearm about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. I didn't bleed much at all, but has been treated.

Would you like to see videos of how a big woman with two fake knees gets up off the floor? Not going to happen.

stitching woman
August 14th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Sandy I am so sorry this happened to you. Please let me know if Bob and I can help in anyway. We are just a phone call,away.

Live to Quilt
August 14th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Sandy, so sorry you took fall, and got hurt. I really feel your pain.
Wish I wasn't going in hospital tomorrow or maybe I could help in some way.
Please be safe and take care

Jean anne

Doloris
August 14th, 2014, 07:33 PM
take it easy and try heating pads on the achiest places. Everything will wait till you feel better.

Ginny B
August 14th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Oh, Sandy, so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope your aches stop achying soon.

Jean, I've been hearing about the unrest in your area. I hope and pray that calmer heads will prevail.

I got a great night's sleep last night. Woke up feeling so much better and even though work was very busy again, I don't feel so wiped out. Of course, I did not push myself after work. I did a bit of sewing and printed something out for a friendship quilt I will be putting together for someone leaving at work. But then I just sat down and relaxed with dh and watched Who Do You Think You Are. Probably will go to bed early tonight too.

Have a restful night everyone.

MayinJerset
August 14th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Ouch Big Time Sandy. Taking bed rest is the best thing you can do right now. Al can minster your cuts and bruises while bringing you cool drinks and snacks.

MayinJerset
August 14th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Blondie had a death in the family and has been out of town attending a funeral. She'll be back soon.

Thanks Sandy, Glad she's OK but sad for the reason she's MIA here.

quiltingtrish
August 14th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Sandy - wish I were closer to help out. I hope you aren't as achy tomorrow as you probably will be. I know! We can moan together. I weeded for the better part of the day and knew I should quit after 2 hours, but noooooooooo - did I? Nooooooo. I'll pay the next few days, I'm sure.

I'd weed for you May. I, too, like the little blue flowers on the weeds but for now I can pull them out when I am tired of them taking over. Today was taking out the Queen Ann's Lace, our son's favorite 'flower'. I hated to do it but they were so overgrown (and beautiful - looked like a large wave of them) - they were crowding out the other perrenials and other small plants that needed sun to survive. Now they have a chance.

Better get to bed myself in hopes that I can get out of it tomorrow.

Hugs,

Claire OneStitchAtATime
August 15th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Oh Sandy! Feel better soon, I hope.

rebeccas-sewing
August 15th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Gosh, Sandy! Take care of yourself. It's quite cool in the Netherlands. This morning the gauge was registering around 58F. I sure do like cool weather. I could do without heat forever!!! Revving up for more company joining us in about 10 days. Two couples we've known for ions. It'll be fun but lots to do. This has been such a busy summer with company that I told a friend I feel like I'm running a B&B. hahaha Working on a Fons and Porter quilt pattern and hoping to finish it before the company gets here but I think I'm being optimistic. It sure would be nice to have it hanging on the kitchen wall while they're here. I somehow managed to make a ton of four-patches that were not required. I'll turn those into placemats to go with the wall hanging.

My baby is going off to San Francisco State University all by herself. I feel terrible that I'm not there to go with her and to help her out. Her boyfriend may have decided to break it off with her since she's leaving. After spending weeks together touring over here this is what he said at the airport before they went their separate ways to catch flights back to CA. "I need time to think. We should take a couple of weeks off from each other." She was basically a basket case after that figuring he's going to break up with her. Nice guy, huh? I told her if he's not willing to wait he's not the one for her. After all she's only 24 and not even independent yet. Of course, I guess I can understand where he's coming from since he's 33. I think he's probably ready to get married and start a family. They are really in two different places in their lives right now. Believe me my heart aches for her knowing she doesn't want a breakup, but honestly I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work out. I just hope everything goes smoothly for her transition. Not only does she have all this drama going on but she also has to deal with closing up the house and getting ready to leave by herself since my other daughter is traveling over here right now. Yikes! Talk about growing up and taking responsibility. This is certainly one of those times.