PDA

View Full Version : So tired and it's only Wednesday night

Ginny B
August 13th, 2014, 11:18 PM
It's been a heck of a week so far. Extremely busy at work - but at least I don't feel such pressure and tension too. Then on top of that, we come in on Monday to find out that we are basically locked in because someone got fired on Friday and made threats to the building and personnel. So we have his picture up at all the reception desks (we have 3 buildings and our building has two floors with two reception desks); all new security procedures that are a bit confusing and we had armed, plain clothes security walking around the buildings for two days. That has added some stress to the workday for everyone.

I wasn't feeling so good last night. I had some indigestion and dh wanted to take me to the ER. I said that first I wanted to see if some chamomile tea might help and it did. Shortly after I drank it, I burped a # of times and could feel the pain subsiding. It was almost 1:30 at that point and I was so tired. I heard the rain start and it just kept pounding on the roof and I kept waking up. We woke up to hear that we had gotten an unbelievable amount of rain overnight. One town a bit further east here on the island got 13"!! in just a few hours. Needless to say, the roads and houses were flooded there, we had water on the bottom floor of our building at work and people just couldn't get to work. We only had around 4-5" and while normally that would sound like a lot to have overnight, when compared with what Islip got, we fared pretty well.

Then tonight dh and I had a wake to go to - my cousins mother-in-law passed away on Sunday. She was a sweet and loving woman.

So no sewing for me today at all. :( and I am beat. Dh is urging me to go get some sleep so I think that is what I am going to do.

Here's hoping for a nice, peaceful, calm rest of the week. Good night all. See you tomorrow.

laura44
August 14th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Sounds like you need some rest. Please take care of yourself.

stationarymom
August 14th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Have a good night.

Andrea F
August 14th, 2014, 04:01 AM
What a crappy start in the week. I hope the rest of your week will be peaceful and calm.

MayinJerset
August 14th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Ginny, Wow, what a week so far, hope you got some much needed sleep and this week ends quietly.

rebeccas-sewing
August 14th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Gosh Ginny, hope you're getting some much needed rest. No pun intended but "when it rains, it pours."

Terri
August 14th, 2014, 05:41 AM
You have definitely had a very full week already. Hope you got that much needed rest and that things calm down for you very soon. {{{hugs}}}

Bubby
August 14th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Ginny, Take care of yourself...it sounds like everything together is stressing you out. I saw the flooding in NY on the news last night. Four inches is a huge amount to get in one day, but 13 inches is incredible. Things at your job are stressful right now due to the threat. Try to eat right and get all the sleep and rest you can. ((HUGS))

easyquilts
August 14th, 2014, 07:16 AM
H, Ginny... What an awful week.... Hubby is right.... Try to get some rest... You need it.

I hope everything begins to settle down... That's a lot of stress....

Sandy Navas
August 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Sending peaceful, sleepy thoughts and a few dry days. And safety in the work environment!