PDA

View Full Version : Yay for Saturdays

Blondie
July 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/happy_dance.jpg

Even though I work today (have my first client in 30 minutes), it is my TGIF day. lol.
I have made good progress on two quilts that I am working on. I am hand quilting them QAYG and they are looking wonderful. Once I get all the blocks quilted, I will sew them together and finish any other quilting needed. Should have them done in the next few weeks, with my intermittent sewing. I am determined to finish up the many quilt tops - full size to lap and baby quilt size ~ DONE.

Another hot one and then we are told it will cool down to 90. Thanks a heap. Another hot one, and I WILL be in a heap on the floor with a cooler full of ice pops to cool down.

Have a great day, girls.

Sandy Navas
July 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Hanging in there with the heat . . . barely. I'm hoping that the dog doesn't even have to go out today so I don't have to crack a doorway. But, like they always say, if you don't like the weather just wait a bit because it will change. What else do we have to complain about without getting our blood pressure to rise too much?

I've not been in my sewing room long enough to even look around this past week, so I'm hoping that I can get down there today and make some progress. Made a trip to my Husqvarna dealer yesterday and picked up the remaining pieces to my new LAQ machine. By the time I got back home I was ready for a nap. Did manage to get some swim time in with the grandkids - the intent was to wear them out so they would calmly go to bed! Hope it worked for Momma. Baby Agnes gets to stay inside in the coolness - but she did take a second out on her way into the house to give her dear Nana a huge smile. Warms my heart for certain and for sure.

I have been thinking about all our friends here who have not been checking in recently. I'm hoping everyone is well and if we haven't heard from them it is only because they are away from home enjoying some much needed R&R. If you fall into that category, have fun for all the rest of us and enjoy your vacation! If you don't fall into the R&R category, leave a word or two so we know you are okay!

Hugs to all!!

toggpine
July 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Morning all!
We are supposed to hit the 80's today! I don't mean leg warmers, crazy-huge shoulder pads, and big hair either! We will finish the trim on the house today. We will have to disconnect the cable from the satellite and reposition it. The tech put the new non-fire hazard cable right along the lay line of the skirting trim. Smart guy.
I have the milk machine up and running. Not a whole lot faster than hand milking, but it means I can milk one by hand, and one on the machine at the same time. It also helps keep my hands from cramping up and going numb. A couple of those girls are milking really well this year. The babies are scarffing down all of the milk right now, or I'd make some soft cheese.
You all have a great day! Cathy

Sandy Navas
July 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cathy, I need to share a funny with you. My father, in his later years, started raising Belted Galloway cattle. Al and I were making arrangements to spend a couple weeks in Scotland. Dad asked if we would look for some Belted Galloways while we were there. Never saw any, but when we arrived in the Galloway region of Scotland we did stop at the information center and asked if they were aware of any herds. The lady who was working there told us there was a herd across the road from where she lived, and to the best of her knowledge there was only one other working herd in the region. She gave us directions.

Al and I found the farm with the Belted Galloways and turned into the driveway. An ancient farm house sat at the top of the hill, near the crest of the circular drive. The gardener was in the driveway, clipping rhododendrons. We asked him if there was any possibility of seeing the cattle and he took us to the barn, loaded us in an old Land Rover (held together with baling wire) and spent about two hours taking us all over the farm. We figured he wasn't the gardener - but the owner. His pride in his herd was well received. After viewing the cattle he invited us into his home to share high tea with the family. In spite of the ostentatious appearance of this mansion, it was truly a humble home. His wife and children welcomed us and we spent another hour or so conversing with them, sharing tea and sandwiches.

The wife noticed a funny look on my face - for I'd turned to stare out the window. There, in a very ungraceful position, hung a pair of pantyhose with a huge lump in each foot. She started laughing and told me they had one goat and she milked every day so she could make goat cheese - and there the goat cheese hung, curing in pantyhose.

As we prepared to depart we mentioned how pleased we were that this man had taken time out of his busy day to show us around. It was only then that he told us he was a Member of Parliament. We were honored! A trip we will never forget.

meemeecyn
July 23rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Funny story, Sandy! I bet you could write a very interesting book with all of your life's experiences!
Blondie....what does QAYG mean? Hope that isn't a stupid question!!!!
Cathy.....you are one busy lady! Your menagerie is lucky to have you, that is for sure.
Have a great weekend, Ladies.
Cynthia

toggpine
July 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
Yum! Pantyhose cheese! I use a fine muslin to drain mine, but since I don't like to wear pantyhose, that might be the best use for them, other than tying up bushes and young trees.
I managed to slip in a haircut while I was out running errands! Yahoo! No more shaggy head for me! I wish Blondie lived closer so she could do it!
Off to go plug up the nail holes in the trim & maybe yank a few weeds out of the sad veggie garden.
Cathy

Sandy Navas
July 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Cynthia - QAYG = quilt as you go.

Cathy - what you say we save our pennies, make appointments with Blondie together, but don't tell her. We'll fly in and surprise her!!! Maybe for Halloween, because by then I won't need a costume . . .

Blondie
July 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc259/Irish_Heart/NITE/thsd013.jpg

Hi Ladies

A very pleasant day for me. Work was short and sweet. Came home, put some tomato sauce in the crock pot to simmer and age. The house smells soooo good.
One of the oldsters that walks at the mall I work at, Russell, stopped by the house for a visit and to pick some blueberries. At 91 (he will be 92 in October), he will always surprise me with a visit when I least expect it and when the floors need cleaning. LOL. As if he notices! Luscious and I enjoyed his company for quite a while before he decided to leave. Oh, how special that man is to me. When he was leaving, I told him I loved him and he shook his head and said, "I love you too. I think right highly of you two youngun's." My dear Daddy couldn't have said it better.

Tried to get my Saturday nap in and Sandy must've sent us some more much needed rain, because it stormed quite a bit. More noise than moisture but I LOVE to sleep during a storm. Drives hubs crazy. He can't rest while it's a-wailing outside. I can sleep like a baby, if hubs would let me. Sigh.

Since my nap was interrupted I am now ready for bed. Have a good evening; will be back in the morning for the rise and shine!

Blondie
July 23rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
PS - you gals can come anytime to get your hair cut. Bring a bucket to pick all the stuff I am leaving for the birds. I am sick of picking right now!