PDA

View Full Version : i hate coupons!!!!!

Doloris
August 12th, 2014, 02:36 PM
just went to JCPennys with a 25% off coupon good on reg, sale, and clearance items. Wanted a pair of Clarks flip flops. Reg $39.99. Found a pair on clearance marked $27.99. Good deal, till I get to the checkout and she tells me the coupon won't work on Clarks shoes. Not on the coupon, but waaaaaay down in teensy writing it says not good on Clarks. I printed my coupon from my computer and then cut it out on the dotted lines.
Either honor the coupon on all merchandise or stop making them available on the 3 things in the store not on the exclusion list!!!!
Rant over. :)

Eriepatch
August 12th, 2014, 02:50 PM
That happens to me all the time at Joann's. Very frustrating.

KnitWitRosie
August 12th, 2014, 03:07 PM
That annoys me to no end! The list of exclusions is so stinkin long, the coupon has to be physically huge to accommodate. Maybe it would just be easier if they listed what they are good for. Most likely a shorter list. Lol.

bubba
August 12th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I quit shopping at JCP years ago. We bought a rather expensive coffee table there. They don't have stock on hand for you to take it home and charge for delivery! In our case it was coming from California and shipping was $70!! Well, we had been looking a long time for a coffee table and we both fell in love with this one, so we agreed to get it anyway. When delivery was made, I was at work at MM was home sleeping as he is a graveyard sleeper. When I got home, I was admiring my new table when I noticed there were several spots missing varnish! I called the store and got the run around. The next day I called to speak to the manager. Let's just say it was a good thing I was in the break room instead of at my console where the phones were recorded. I got nowhere and she basically said we were stuck w/the table but they would send a repairman out to look at it! Well he did come out and said that it was defective so in the end they replaced it with a new one.

Anyway, after the phone call, I went back out to work. I don't remember much, but I know I had a new deputy sitting with me that day and we were working a person short. Someone called me on the radio and I was having such pain in my chest that I could not talk....I thought I was having a heart attack from the stress of being so upset. They called on the radio again, I still could not talk. The deputy asked me if I was going to answer them when he noticed me holding my chest. He told my coworker something was wrong with me and she called for the fire department to come. MM was called and I ended up down at urgent care. It turned out the cartilage in my ribs was inflamed from a bad cold I had had and I felt rather stupid, but that ended my shopping days at that store. It's probably been ten years now!

I did go to J's yesterday as I needed something. What I needed was hanging in the wrong place (several of them were there) and when it rang up, it was $5 more than it should have been. Back the clerk and I went to the display and she said since it was clearly their fault, I'd get it for the lower price, plus 40% off!!! I almost pooped myself!

buckeyequilter
August 12th, 2014, 04:10 PM
They have 3 things, JoAnn's only has 2. I hardly ever go to JoAnn's anymore....I drive 30 minutes to get there with my worthless coupons...I could have went somewhere else, even it if was a little more $, and saved the time and gas.

Terri
August 12th, 2014, 04:29 PM
That happens to me all of the time on my bras--Wacoal--rarely ever goes on sale or able to use a coupon. Also on the Orthaheel brand shoes that I LOVE to wear....always an exclusion! :(

pcbatiks
August 12th, 2014, 05:09 PM
just went to JCPennys with a 25% off coupon good on reg, sale, and clearance items. Wanted a pair of Clarks flip flops. Reg $39.99. Found a pair on clearance marked $27.99. Good deal, till I get to the checkout and she tells me the coupon won't work on Clarks shoes. Not on the coupon, but waaaaaay down in teensy writing it says not good on Clarks. I printed my coupon from my computer and then cut it out on the dotted lines.
Either honor the coupon on all merchandise or stop making them available on the 3 things in the store not on the exclusion list!!!!
Rant over. :)

Pat.......are you sure there are really 3 things left that you can use the coupon on?!?!? :D

Sorry about your frustration.......it irks me too when I think I've read all the fine print carefully......then I find out I missed a detail & the bargain isn't as good as I thought!

Hulamoon
August 12th, 2014, 05:39 PM
This isn't coupon related, but we have a market here that puts in a flyer 'special- one per person' like tolit paper. If you want more you have to go out of the store and then come back in to buy another. How stupid is that?

Sandy Navas
August 12th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I haven't shopped JCP since I went in to get some special undergarments - Al had been gone for a while on business and I wanted to entertain - and the sales clerk giggled the whole time she was ringing up my purchase. I am a large person - but don't laugh because I can see you . . . (she didn't work there the next day either!!!!)

Hulamoon
August 12th, 2014, 05:59 PM
How awful Sandy. I had to schold my girls when they were really little for pointing out this mans nose in the checkout. They had a good talking to.

Our JCP shut down about 20 yrs ago. I didn't shop in there because it smelled horrible. Off island they had great back to school clothes. I don't miss it.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
August 12th, 2014, 07:46 PM
That happens to me all of the time on my bras--Wacoal--rarely ever goes on sale or able to use a coupon. Also on the Orthaheel brand shoes that I LOVE to wear....always an exclusion! :(

I love orthaheel too! Plantar fasciitis. I wear orthotics in closed shoes but always orthaheel sandals.

I haven't shopped JCP since I went in to get some special undergarments - Al had been gone for a while on business and I wanted to entertain - and the sales clerk giggled the whole time she was ringing up my purchase. I am a large person - but don't laugh because I can see you . . . (she didn't work there the next day either!!!!)

Sandy, that is so rude of her! I'm glad you complained. She deserved to get fired. I hope she learned her lesson -- people's bodies are their own business, & they are what they are. No staring, no commenting, no giggling, whether they fit someone's idea of the norm or not.

easyquilts
August 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I do get frustrated at Joann's.... It's so hard to find something to actually use their coupons on.... Everything I want is already on sale...

brook
August 13th, 2014, 02:31 AM
I got tired of JCP coupon exclusions, also, so I finally quit using them.