PDA

View Full Version : sad for my office mate today :(

WendyI
August 12th, 2014, 02:33 PM
My office mate received a phone call at 9 a.m. this morning from her brother in India to tell her that her father had passed away. :( She was very upset, understandably so. She is trying now to find flights to India and get her passport and visa in order. I feel so bad for her. To be SO far away when tragedy strikes.

FabStripper
August 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM
It is hard to think about that but I am glad she has YOU there for comfort and compassion.

Liberty
August 12th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Oh no! Prayers for her!

Terri
August 12th, 2014, 04:32 PM
How terrible. I cannot imagine. I was able to spend the last 2 1/2 wks of my dear Dad's life with him. While it was heartbreaking to watch him go downhill so quickly, at least my siblings & I were there. Mom was there too, but her dementia made her unaware of much of what went on.....

Wwena
August 12th, 2014, 05:09 PM
That is horrible. I just got word that a friend of mine who is on a trip to Zimbabwe was in a car accident and is now in the hospital. I really feel for his family! He's not terribly injured but still, I can only imagine the panic when something bad happens to a loved one far away.

Monique
August 12th, 2014, 07:50 PM
That is so sad to be so far away.

alliek
August 12th, 2014, 09:14 PM
That is so sad. I hope she can have a comfortable travel. India is a long trip and to be upset in the process can be debilitating. I know how I felt when my DD was so sick and I was over 600 miles away, which seemed an eternity when you are worried. Prayers for her peace of heart and mind.