PDA

View Full Version : No one ever said Night Owls were very bright as...

MayinJerset
August 9th, 2014, 04:28 AM
I jumped the gun last night but tonight I have it right, it's 3am on Saturday morning!

Have only slept a bit tonight and hoping that the cup of coffee I had with dinner isn't the reason. Coffee at night usually doesn't bother me a bit, even if I also have some tea later at night but I've been up long enough. I'm trying to convince my eye lids to close but they aren't listening to me.

I feel there is something I forgot to do, I've packed my suitcase, dishwasher is going, wrote article for guild's newsletter, house neatened up and all I need to do in the morning is take a shower, get dressed and go. DH will be up before me because he's hungry so he'll make the coffee. I'll take mine with us and drink it in the car after we pick up a lightly buttered fresh bagel, gas up and then we're off. It's about a 5 hr. drive to son's in MA, we have 2 different routes there - the super major highways and the not so major ones. I prefer the 2nd way as we have our spots along the way to eat or shop. We usually stop for a $1 McD's hamburger for lunch as son and kids usually plan on all of us going out for an early dinner. Going to give sleep another try or else since we're taking the van I can lie down in back and snooze on the way. .

toggpine
August 9th, 2014, 04:42 AM
I should have been in bed a couple hours ago, but got to working on shifting stuff in the barn and didn't realize how late it had gotten.
I am amazed at the junk that has accumulated out there. I have three feed sacks full of hay strings. (One of the local feed stores will recycle them if I ever remember to take them with me.) Several broken/cracked muck tubs (WHY?) Out it goes! I have to make room for the winter's hay and straw.
Then I realized I needed to run a load of pants for tomorrow. Now I have to stay up long enough to finish the cycle and toss them in the dryer, or 2/3 of the family will have wet pants to wear. I think it's close to done!

May I hope you have a safe trip! remember to unplug your sewing machine and iron!

Night!
Cathy

Judy, USMC
August 9th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Safe trip May - Hope the barn straightening doesn't take too much longer, Cathy.

I usually try to be in bed by 3am. Here it is 5:15 and I'm still up. I'm going to blame it on the nap I took earlier. I spent the day doing a bit of tweaking on my Mystery Quilt. Made the mistake of using different seam allowances and now the points are off a couple of threads ... just enough to be noticeable (to me anyway.)

And my poor dear husband found out Love Hurts! He has a habit of padding around the house in his bare feet. Well he walked over to give me a smooch when I was sitting in my recliner and smacked his toe right into the sole of my shoe. He managed to stifle his verbal reaction ... but I could tell he was in pain. We took a trip to the podiatrist and his NEW nail should start growing back in a month. Have to laugh - he has a yellow bandage with a happy face on it. It looks silly on a grown man's toe.

Hope all have a great weekend!

laura44
August 9th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Not really a night owl post although I have been up all night.
Husband snoring, dog in and out. I reorganized my craftroom
late into the night and what little sleep I had was filled with dreams
of fabric and patterns. Wish my mind wouldn't do that. Shouldn't
of had that iced coffee late in the afternoon yesterday either.
Have a safe trip May, you're a thoughtful mom Cathy, making
sure everyone has clean pants, and Judy, make sure hubby gets
lots of sympathy for the toe!