PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where....

bubba
August 8th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I put my professional tote pattern? I had it with me yesterday at the quilt shop to buy the fabric, and again at Hancocks and the nasty J place to buy notions, and now today I can't find it!!! This is making me crazier! I called the J place because that was the last place I remember having it and they did nothing but make me cranky. Checked my car, checked my couch, checked the kitchen.....might have to go look on the garage floor.

Thinking I'll be buying another one and it's not a cheap pattern :( but I have an order for it, so it's not something I can do without right now. Be watching on the I got it, you want it page incase I buy a new one and find the old one!!

Doloris
August 8th, 2014, 09:07 PM
did you look through all the bags you brought in after shopping? I shove all my stuff down in the bag so I don't drop it on the way out.
Look between all the fabric too. :)

Hulamoon
August 8th, 2014, 09:12 PM
That's sad :( I was missing something for a long time and found it today while cleaning. It will show up :)

You inspired me to make a bag! I have lot's of patterns but I liked this ( the red and white one) I bought the whole deal because I like the big one too. I might look for home dec fabric for them.

Purse and tote bag patterns (http://www.romanianquiltstudio.com/english/bag-patterns.htm)

bubba
August 8th, 2014, 09:24 PM
That is a cute bag!!! Just went and checked the garage floor, was not there. I remembered I went into World Market after the J place, but I don't remember sitting it down while I was looking. I'll call over there and check. And I had no bags because I just carried everything out in my hands :(

Doloris
August 8th, 2014, 09:29 PM
did you shove it down in your purse. You had to have a bag from J's with the notions in it.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
August 8th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Our car swallows things down the sides of the seats. They disappear for many months & somehow mysteriously appear again. It's like something out of Harry Potter!

Doloris
August 8th, 2014, 09:36 PM
check under the Sugar Babies :icon_rofl:

bubba
August 8th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Ran out of sugar babies 13 pounds ago!!! My car got detailed two weeks ago so it is nice and clean, but I did check between the seats and under them and nothing! Called World Market, not there. All I had from the J place was three zippers and cording and I have all of that.

I am perplexed!! I'm certain I left it on the checkout counter at J's and the clerk kept it.

Doloris
August 8th, 2014, 09:49 PM
bummer. are you making the big one or the small one

Claire OneStitchAtATime
August 8th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Ran out of sugar babies 13 pounds ago!!! My car got detailed two weeks ago so it is nice and clean, but I did check between the seats and under them and nothing! Called World Market, not there. All I had from the J place was three zippers and cording and I have all of that.

I am perplexed!! I'm certain I left it on the checkout counter at J's and the clerk kept it.

Oh how frustrating.

BobW
August 8th, 2014, 09:52 PM
If you are like me, you put it where it would be safe. And it is really safe, even from you! LOL Hope you find it before you break down and buy another one. Would the company you ordered it from replace it since you have already bought it? Maybe if you contact them and tell them you lost it.

bubba
August 8th, 2014, 09:56 PM

The big one......I have the small pattern too, so I have the directions. I just don't know the sizes for the big pieces. Be hitting up the store tomorrow I think.

bubba
August 8th, 2014, 09:58 PM
I have had it probably almost two years...have no clue where I bought it at this point! If I remembered that, I'd remember where I put the *@!!&^*) thing!

AuntieVic
August 8th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I know the feeling. I lost a dress pattern and I needed it to make another dress. I searched high and low, an failed to find it. I finally broke down and bought another pattern. The hardest part... I had to try to remember what the name of the pattern was. That took awhile.

Good luck on your search!

DeniseSm
August 8th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Happens to me all the time. What I have learned to do is make a scan of the pattern before I even start working on it. That way I can check things off when I cut them, and when I eventually lose it, I just print off another copy. That way I only pay for it once.

PeggyM
August 8th, 2014, 11:48 PM
In my world, safe place = lost. I hope you find it.

Pandabear
August 9th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Can't help with lost patterns. Sorry. But I can say that when I purchase a new pattern I use my phone to take a picture of what it is supposed to look like as well as what the fabric requirements are.

bubba
August 9th, 2014, 12:18 AM

The big one.....I still have the small one! We just got back from J's. I went over to see if it was hanging in their patterns and looked thru their return bins. Nowhere to be found. I did remember that I went to World Market before going to J's, so it's not there for sure. And we just checked the garage again.

I think I'll be driving to Kent tomorrow....

rebeccas-sewing
August 9th, 2014, 04:00 AM
I bet you set it down in one of the fabric stores. It might be worth it to go back in and look for yourself. Depending on the salespeople isn't always that useful.

bubba
August 9th, 2014, 04:16 AM
That's what I did tonight....no luck!

songbird857
August 9th, 2014, 05:12 PM
:( - hope it turns up pat!

CARRIE M
August 9th, 2014, 07:59 PM
I really feel your frustration! I used to have a labyrinth pattern that I used 4 years ago to make my son a king size quilt. I recently was going to use it to make a queen size and cannot find it. I would have much preferred to make 1 large one instead of the 9 smaller blocks that I ended up making.

I sure hope it turns up.

WendyI
August 9th, 2014, 08:10 PM
That's sad :( I was missing something for a long time and found it today while cleaning. It will show up :)

You inspired me to make a bag! I have lot's of patterns but I liked this ( the red and white one) I bought the whole deal because I like the big one too. I might look for home dec fabric for them.

Purse and tote bag patterns (http://www.romanianquiltstudio.com/english/bag-patterns.htm)

Thanks Lori! I just ordered that pattern! I have been wanting to make a bag/tote and this is perfect! Thanks for posting it!

Hulamoon
August 9th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks Lori! I just ordered that pattern! I have been wanting to make a bag/tote and this is perfect! Thanks for posting it!
Your so welcome! I saw it awile ago and didn't save it and then it ended up in an email out of the blue. I love the size, i don't carry a lot. I don't wear make up. You should see one of my dd's bags. The whole bathroom is in there. lol

Sharyn J
August 9th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I hope you find it Pat. Those darn patterns are getting more and more expensive. I once lost my car keys for two days. I found them in the freezer!

bubba
August 9th, 2014, 09:50 PM
I didn't find it. I think either I left it at J's or dropped it in the parking lot. It's nowhere to be found in this house!!! I went and bought another today at a shop about five miles from my house.....at least I didn't have to drive the 25 I thought I was going to have to!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
August 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I went to Joann's today with a pattern & after reading this held on to it very carefully! I can so imagine putting something down there & forgetting it -- I find it a very distracting environment! So many things, so many people, so disorganized (at least at our store) -- my brain gets a little over-stimulated by Joann's.

Doloris
August 9th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Glad you were able to pick up another pattern. As soon as you start on your bag you know the old one will jump out at you.

bubba
August 9th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Glad you were able to pick up another pattern. As soon as you start on your bag you know the old one will jump out at you.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!