PDA

View Full Version : Still time to be a Night Owl

MayinJerset
August 8th, 2014, 06:02 AM
as it is almost 5am Sat. but dark as can be. Usually I hear the birds chirping at 4am but not tonight so I feel like a Night Owl and not just an early riser.

Had my dinner timing off last night so I had to leave for my guild meeting without eating dinner. Left stuffed peppers in oven for DH and took off as I wanted to get a parking space near the building. 4 teen girls who took our guild's summer quilting class attended the meeting and showed their first quilts. Good work by all of them and one 14 yr. old joined our guild with her mom. Always happy to have young quilters like her to join us. She's already made a new quilt with great fabrics and could give some of us old timers some fresh ideas.

Guild's Block Party was a big success, there were enough blocks to make several lap size quilts so the charity group will be busy putting together some new quilts. No special program at last night's meeting but it was nice to catch up with some of the gals. Time to go and maybe catch a few more winks before the sun rises.

bkthomas
August 8th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Get some rest May! I have been sewing on my Row by Row till about 2:30 or 3:00 this morning....I had 7 patterns and 6 kits....now I have 13 patterns and 11 kits! I am so excited!!! My friends that got married almost a year ago went out and about and got me 5 kits and 6 patterns!!!! I am so excited because I didn't think I would get much chance to participate.....I have 3 rows done so far and I am really happy with how they are turning out!

I will post pictures when I am closer to being done.....Oh yeah, they also got me 2 license plates!!!

Sorry you had a bad experience May....hope it goes better for you at the next shop!

irishrn
August 8th, 2014, 06:53 AM
May. I got a little nervous as it is almost 6 am here but I thought it was Friday! Turns out it's still Friday!!
Otherwise I would need to be getting ready to go to the DD to help paint and I'm not ready for that today!
Hope you got some more sleep!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 8th, 2014, 07:06 AM
ThaT Friday Saturday thing scared me too!

Iris Girl
August 8th, 2014, 07:11 AM
same here I checked my calendar because I do n't work this Sat, but I do work Fri (today) May take a rest and feel better.

LynneLeavell
August 8th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Had me going as well. I don't work on Saturday or Sunday. I was thinking man if it's Saturday why am I at work and not shopping. I have a big sale to get to on Saturday. My local quilt store (54 miles from my house) is having a huge sale celebrating there 8th birthday. For every 8 yards of fabric including clearance you buy you get 8 yards free.

MayinJerset
August 8th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Sorry gals, the sun is shinning and IT's FRIDAY, must have been really tired when I wrote that first post.

Well, I did get a 'few' more winks of sleep - woke up and it was 10:30! DH was worried as the only time I ever sleep that late is when I'm really sick. Feeling OK but not as refreshed at I should be after my two sessions of sleep, hope I'm not coming down with anything as we're planning a trip to visit son and family out of town. .