PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Blondie
July 20th, 2011, 07:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/9xwe.jpg

Happy Wednesday Girlies!

Seems we are right in the middle of the week again!

Got no sewing done at all yesterday. I canned more tomatoes and made some salsa and spaghetti sauce. Had to really clean up after that. It was so hot but a satisfying feeling when I can get a lot accomplished. Today will be MINE. I will putter in the garden in a few moments and then try to put get some more squares sewn together for the pineapple blossom I am working on.

Whatcha got going on today??

Loonwatcher
July 20th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Well I'm back. Back from camp where the watershed committee along with a group from AmeriCorps did some projects at our camp yesterday - I ache everywhere! And back to work today. They did projects to handle water run off and shoreline stabilization. Came our pretty good. We'll see next spring if it all works.

So this will be a short work week for me (YAY!) then back to camp to finish up the project - we have one little rain garden we are doing ourselves to drink up water that ponds on our yard in the spring. Like I really need 3 more gardens to maintain...NOT!

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,

Monique
July 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Good Wednesday morning. A heat wave is coming expecting temps to reach close to 100 here by tomorrow. Did more repairs on the antique quilt. Man what a job! Am starting to wonder if it is worth it. I will take some pics to show you all. Aside from that not much at all. No news is good news huh?

Stay cool everyone.

Bubby
July 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Good Morning,

Aren't you the industrious one with all your canning! I know that the canning has to be done when the veggies tell you they're ready to be canned. There's nothing quite like home-grown maters in the winter!!!

I had a sleepless night, so I'm moving in slow motion today and probably won't get much done. Yesterday I cut out a 5" tumbler quilt from the Maison de Garance line by French General and strips to make two Christmas table runners from the Flurry line.

I hope y'all have a great day.....Barb

Shirley
July 20th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Blondie, great for you that you have tomatoes. Are plants are big and gorgeous but no red tomatoes. It is so extremely hot here we can't get them to set on and mature. :( Been to the garden to pick cucumbers and squash this morning. NOw back to the AC to get something done in the house. Have a good one Ladies!!

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM
So this will be a short work week for me (YAY!) then back to camp to finish up the project - we have one little rain garden we are doing ourselves to drink up water that ponds on our yard in the spring. Like I really need 3 more gardens to maintain...NOT!

Nancy, you may enjoy watching this video. My friends are in it at the very end - PA.

http://vimeo.com/23707982

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Phone call begging for Nana and Papa intervention - swim lessons @ 10, tennis lessons @ 2. No sewing!!! BLAH! Zoe still lying in bed, yelling "Papa, take me swimming!!"

Agnes turned over by herself last night. 2 1/2 months . . . she's so tiny!

Dragonfly
July 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Hello everyone, try and stay cool in that heat, I must say I am not really looking forward to summer.

Well I finally managed to get my not happy sewing machine to the machine fix it man and it turns out that the poor old girl was just getting tired, and the presser foot was suffering arthritis or something. Apparently she is getting to senior citizen status lol, I think they just wanted to sell me a new machine. This little sweetie is a spring chicken compared to the machines I know some of you girls are still sewing on.

I made a fatal mistake today, I needed to get some wide backing fabric from the lady who supplies to the long arm quilters here but since I was going to be in the city I chose to pick it up rather than have it posted....it is not good to put me in close proximity to that much lovely fabric. To make it worse she is now stocking a huge range of precuts, need I say more, it was like Christmas. I came home with far too much...absolutely needed, must have, essential fabric. DH offered to help me bring my things into the house but I politely declined and said the morning would be soon enough, lol, hopefully he will have left for work by then.

Loonwatcher
July 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Nancy, you may enjoy watching this video. My friends are in it at the very end - PA.

http://vimeo.com/23707982

That was interesting. Pretty much the same theory as what we are doing. The biggest problem at our lake is erosion and stormwater run off from the many many farms around the lake. The phosforous (sp?) from the manure they spread on the fields is bad bad bad for the lake water.

bakermom
July 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I need to finish up my sewing. I turned in my entry form for the fair yesterday. now i need to make sure the last bit is done- one binding to do and a baptism outfit to finish!

Granny Judy
July 20th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Yup, It sure is HOT here in my area. Even the dogs won't stay outside very long, so, we're staying in the AC today. I worked a bit on my pinwheel top: straight line quilting it. Still trying to work out the borders and top. I have the half-square triangle block done, just not sure what pattern to follow for those borders.

I recovered/ rebounded from the surgery to fix my hiatal hernia and gerd pretty fast.. just can't eat large meals as yet. And my strength is returning so that I can get by without a nap everyday. Thanking everyone who sent good vibes and prayers my way. It sure made a big difference knowing ya all were thinking of me.

I've been gathering fabric for a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for DD#1: her request. It's been ages since I've done an Applique Quilt so this one may take me alot longer than the pieced quilts I've been doing for the Grands. And those take me quite awhile. I've got to make the templates also. ugggh!

Lynn, I make those same mistakes all the time.... just can't go near any fabric store without going into a frenzy of Buying those MUST HAVE colors, patterns and quilting templates.

Off to load the audio book/cd's and try more straight line quilting today.

quiltingtrish
July 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Sandy - I go through Lemoyne on a weekly basis to get to my Dads. Do you know this lady or is that the ladies at the end who said hello to her? We have been turning our front lawn into flower gardens over time, but have to admit, we plant what we like and have not looked at as to what plants are rainwater and bug/bird worthy. I will have to drive through the back streets and see if I can find her house. Maybe she can give me some tips.

Too funny about the fabric buying. Usually if I think I bought too much - well if I think that my DH thinks I bought too much, I slip it in the back door and put it on my sewing desk downstairs. He wouldn't know one bag from another since others have been sitting there much longer. LOL!

Well - off here for now. Have got sewing to do.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Here I thought I was the only one who left bags in the car if I had bought a bunch of fabric. Al seems to be the only one home though when the post-lady delivers packages from e-Bay or M*QC and KNOWS to be weary of what is inside. His BD gift arrived yesterday and I had to secret the box away when he wasn't looking. He really thought it was woodworking tools.

Trish, the younger gal and the blond in that film are woodworking friends of ours. Actually we know the dark-haired one best of all. She is a fabulous woodworker and goes by 'The Village Carpenter'. We get to meet up with them once a year when we go to the Woodworking in America conferences. http://villagecarpenter.blogspot.com/

toggpine
July 20th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I try to make the new fabric blend with the others too. I bring my own shopping bags or stuff it in the diaper bag. Now that Em is getting old enough to not need one, I'm not sure what I'll do to get in in the door undetected!

I don't think he can really say too much. His new hobby isn't any cheaper than mine. He has gotten into plate shooting and something called tactical shotgun. I haven't seen the last thing yet, so I can't comment on it. At least when I'm done working on a quilt I have something to show for it other than a bucket of empty brass shells.

We have been working on our gardens/lawn since we first moved in 6 years ago. It was mostly overgrown with brush and weeds. It is starting to take shape, but we still have more plans to finish. They all take money and time. That means, until we win the lottery we'll have to keep taking little steps to get them done. Our ground drains pretty well here. We will end up with a pond in the lower pasture during heavy, prolonged rains but it usually dissipates within 24/48 hours. The barn is well above the water level, so we aren't too worried.
The sun is out today, but not as hot as the rest of you. We are happy to see it in this area.

I have to get moving as I have to get Em to Nana's so I can go finish up the root canal the dentist started two weeks ago. That ached for longer than the extraction he did. I'll be glad to get the hard work over so I can get back to normal, boring dental procedures! May I just suggest that you find a good dentist and not let your oral health care be ignored for too long. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.

Well, on that happily nagging note, I'll get off of here and get on with it!
Take care! Cathy