PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
August 6th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Happy Wednesday Folksies!

I am in rare form this morning. I have to be leaving here in 35 minutes to get Mom to the Dr in the city on time. Still need a shower and no time for fun and games, reading, posting, etc. BUT! Did you know that this is a very special day? Why you ask? Well, ask no more because it is Wiggle Your Toes Day !!!!!!!!

Wiggle Your Toes Day is an excellent opportunity to let your tootsies see the daylight and indulge in some public wiggling adventures. With so many opportunities to let those ten little piggies get some action, Wiggle Your Toes Day means itís time to plan something special to celebrate. Whether you chose to wiggle alone, or use the occasion as a chance to join with like-minded friends, family or colleagues in a glorious session of communal wiggling, no one can afford to let the day go by unmarked. There are numerous ways to show your support for Wiggle Your Toes Day; sandals at the office are an obvious start, with some discreet toe flexing getting your digits limbered up for the rigours of later wiggling. Why not plan a group wiggle at a lake or beach? Simply dip those feet in the water and luxuriate in a fun-packed toe workout.

so all those with a foot fetish, rejoice. For those who live in flip flops and sandals year round - like my DD - keep 'em clean and toe jam free.

I'll be thinking of y'all while I am driving Miss Daisy.

Grandma Nan
August 6th, 2014, 07:46 AM
You started my day with a smile Blondie, I didn't know anyone else was aware!! I have family dropping by for a Wiggly your Toes Day dinner this evening but the grandkids are coming over today and we'll have some really fun WYTD activities here this morning.

Count your blessings if you are still able to wiggle your toes.

Bubby
August 6th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've been up since 4:00 when Dottie woke me up needing to go outside. Olive tags along for the team. It's still way too early....

I'm doing some machine embroidery and it's going well since I remembered the right needle to use...duh! It may be 95 outdoors today but it's Christmas in my sewing room.

I have to make a WalMart run this morning early. We have a local market but there are so many things that are much cheaper at WM. When I go to WM real early the team that stocks the shelves are working with their music cranked up. It's a fun time to shop. A little hard rock is good for what ails you.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

Monique
August 6th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Good morning. I went out yesterday and got my window put back in place in my jeep. Took my MIL with me shopping. I did some sewing until I made a booboo and then quit for the night.

Will do more cleaning and sewing today.

Have a good one folks, smile and wiggle.

Mpyles
August 6th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Good morning! I'm up and ready to walk out the door! Gotta go feed the masses! Everyone have a great wiggle day! Lol!

buckeyequilter
August 6th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Good morning....

I'm sitting here wiggling my toesies as I type :) Actually I'm sitting here waiting for a Keurig coffee & supplies inventory to be taken so I can place an order, can't have our employees too tired to work.

I put the first borders on my butterfly quilt last night and got one side of the outer border on....wanted to make sure I like it before sewing the other 3 on. Tonight I will put the other 3 on....then it will be ready for the frame.

Well need to get busy here....have a great day!

HandsOffItsMine
August 6th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Happy August 6th - Our Ollie is 4 years old today. :D

83760 Taken the other day at the Mall - He's wanted a Cars theme birthday party, we'll be celebrating tonight with his choice of Sesame Chicken, Fried Rice and Eggrolls. :) We will have to speak the Happy Birthday words, not sing as he DOES NOT like it sung! It will bring on tears, we have no idea why that happens. lol Or sing He's a jolly ol' fellow, Ollie will tolerate that. ;)

Off to get some more wrestling figures for our little guy...

Madeforyouinma11
August 6th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Happy Wiggle Your Toes Day everyone and Happy Birthday to Ollie!
Well, today is very rainy. We needed some rain for the garden, so I guess it's ok. I did a little cleaning and grocery shopping yesterday. I also ordered fabric that I needed for the three quilts I'm making for my sisters. I have also finalized another quilt for someone else so that will be four quilts that I will be making here very soon! The rest of this week will be spent cleaning my sewing room so that I'm organized for the sewing frenzy...LOL
I have a follow up appointment today at the oral surgeons, but other than that, just cleaning.
Hope everyone has a great day!

shermur
August 6th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Mornin!

I wiggle my toes a lot if I'm barefoot around the house (majority of the time) and even outside!

Last night was Halona's first 4-H "meeting"; the club was doing a entire member pillow case projects for any of the members who wanted to submit the cases in the Sebastian County Fair (Arkansas)! It is a new entry and the sewing leader thought since the entry was new that the club as a whole could do several entries to represent the club.
The Extension council had several new model machines that the sewing leader brought with her; unfortunately, she had all the machines and her supplies on a homemade cart and one of her sons tipped it over in front of the building on concrete!

A Janome got some damage (instructor's personal sewing machine). I offered to bring my simple Brother (XL-2600) to the project. The kids seemed to like my machine better since it didn't have too many fancy buttons and it gave them a chance to sewing a more manual way.

It was a fun evening teaching children from ages 4 to 13 how to assemble on sew the pillow cases; the much younger ones needed extensive help. There were three cases that needed some ripping out, but not too bad!
Halona took fabric from my stash.....music and instruments. She got complimented on her choice of fabric!
Many of the younger children had to have their pillow cases started under the foot of the machine; a couple asked me why I got to sew faster than they did.....my response was I have been sewing for 40 years and I had practiced enough to be able sew faster than they could! At 49 years old...I'm the Grandmother of the club...is that a YIKES?

All in all....I can't wait to get started in this new 4-H adventure...it's been a long while for our family!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 6th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Happy August 6th - Our Ollie is 4 years old today. :D

83760 Taken the other day at the Mall - He's wanted a Cars theme birthday party, we'll be celebrating tonight with his choice of Sesame Chicken, Fried Rice and Eggrolls. :) We will have to speak the Happy Birthday words, not sing as he DOES NOT like it sung! It will bring on tears, we have no idea why that happens. lol Or sing He's a jolly ol' fellow, Ollie will tolerate that. ;)

Off to get some more wrestling figures for our little guy...
Happy birthday, Ollie! Such a grown up name for a 4 year old! And Oma Ruby is making you this three tiered Cars cake! What a lucky little boy you are!

Iris Girl
August 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Happy wiggle your toes day everyone. I am wiggly mine as we speak! LOL . Today is my day off and although the weatherman says rain the sun is shining. Really think they need to get a clue and look out the window sometimes! Clothes are in washing and the quilt for my co-worker is drying from wash #2 with a new color catcher which turned out as pink as the first. I guess I will give her a couple color catchers when I gift her the quilt. Black and red for backing have to be the 2 worst colors. One collects lint and cat hair like a magnet, the other bleeds forever.
Working some on my Tim Holtz Eclectic bag. Need to make a run to town for some fusible fleece as I only had enough for 1 side.
Made stuffed peppers for dinner so just toss in the oven and ready tonight.
Enjoy your day, Hugs to those that need and don't forget smile AND wiggle your toes!

MayinJerset
August 6th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Wiggling my Toes and saying Happy 4th Bday to Ollie, Wow what a great cake!

Laundry, errands and a little sewing on tap for today. When I bought a memory foam topper for our queen mattress it came with a puffy padded top cover that I don't use. It's really nice but it extends down over the foam topper, mattress and box spring so I can't put a sheet on top. Hope I can cut it down to full bed size to be used on DS#3's sofa bed. We'll be visiting him and the kids this weekend and I hope the puffy cover will make the thin sofa bed mattress more comfortable for us to sleep on. If not, DH will take the sofa and I'll take the love seat, throw a quilt over each and sleep on them.

Sandy Navas
August 6th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Who knew WYTD and Ollie's BD together!! WOW to both.

Off to Hamilton . . . na-na-na-na-na-na!!

More later.

JCY
August 6th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Good Wednesday Morning!

I did not know today is Wiggle Your Toes Day, but that certainly explains the "Blondie" cartoon this a.m. "Pickles" actually is our favorite cartoon now. Since we're seniors, we can identify. lol

Yest. I sewed the binding on the front of my Hourglass baby quilt. Got it folded over & pinned. It's ready for stitching. Today I'm going in for my annual physical. I've gained 9 lb. since last Oct., so I'm sure the dr. won't be pleased with that. I'm dreading what my A1C will be. Hope it's still in the pre-diabetes range. I've done lousy at exercising/walking. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Taking care of DH is nearly a full time job, what with cooking up his special foods, & now doing a dressing change twice daily on the site of his recent biopsy for possible skin cancer. (Good thing I'm a retired nurse, huh.) I pretty much have to do most everything around the house & yard. However, we do have a lawn mowing service now, which helps. But I have a lot of flower beds to weed. It's good therapy to get outside & dig in the dirt.

Have a good day! JCY

Wwena
August 6th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Ha! Even my toes are smiling now. :D

EnumclawGramma
August 6th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Morning! It's lookin' a little grey today, cloudy. May be a cooler but it'll warm up later....hoping! I've got the day with 5 Grands today! They need to swim!
I have yoga this morning, I wiggle my toes a lot for yoga. Helps me improve my foot alignment! Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Having a quick bowl of Granola and yogurt with blueberries, one more cup of coffee and off to the shower! Have a wonderful day! SMILE!!

Kat 2
August 6th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone, Wiggling your toes feels oh so good, have to wiggle the toes on my right foot very gently since I broke it the other day but I'm thankful that I can even move them at all. Will be watching the grandkids this week again and part of next week til school goes back. With my right foot out of commission right now will have to just dream about sewing for now. My sewing room is in the basement and can't do steps for now so well yet. My DH is going to move it upstairs for me since my be several weeks before I can navigate steps without crutches. I'm scared I'm going to fall down the steps, having a hard time learning to do steps with the crutches. Plan on doing some fun online fabric shopping for now also. Hope everyone has a great day and I would like to wish Ollie a very Happy Birthday.

Judy, USMC
August 6th, 2014, 01:46 PM
It's a bit later in the am ... 11:15 and the morning is almost over. I'm wiggling my toes because I spent a long time on my feet yesterday. Took longarm classes yesterday. 1 1/2 hr on loading the frame and freestyle quilting with another 1 1/2 hr on working with pantographs. I absolutely loved it!

Hope Ollie has a happy birthday. Hope everyone else has a great day of sewing, good Dr. reports, relaxing garden therapy, and hope whatever else you have on your agenda goes smoothly.

Lilly
August 6th, 2014, 10:42 PM
All day long - since 6:00 am - I've been running around with my feet locked into tennis shoes and I finally sat down with the forum - and pulled those darn shoes off and was wiggling my feet and thinking how WONDERFUL it felt - when I read your post, Blondie. AAAHHHHH - just feels soooo good. Thanks for a good laugh.

Ginny B
August 6th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Ahhhh, love wiggling those toesies. Well, it sure has been a busy week at work since coming back from vacation. Learning something new today but I am learning along with two of the Asst. Directors in my dept. so it's kind of fun. As they said, they are only about a step and a half ahead of me and they are confident that I will catch up and be able to work in the program easily. I have been at my new job for 90 days now and got my evaluation today and it was very good. :) I got high marks in all the categories and they said I am a valuable addition to the team. I don't mind being so busy when I know that the people I work with think of me as part of the team and not just somebody there to do things for them. So as busy as I was today (and will be for the rest of the week from what I can see), I did a lot of smiling. They are great ladies to work with.

DH and I had a nice evening down at the boardwalk last night. Walked a little less than 2 miles. We thought it was going to rain tonight but I think they got the forecast wrong -- again. Glad we watered everything. Instead of heading down to the beach again, we sat out on our front porch and enjoyed the light breeze, the light show from the lightening bugs and the serenade of the crickets.
Nice summer evening. :)

Sleep well everyone. Have a great Thursday.