PDA

View Full Version : back....vacation over. :(

WendyI
August 5th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I`ve returned from my holiday to the east coast. My sisters wedding was nice, the reception was weird and I am utterly exhausted. Scott flew back a week before me and Liam and I towed our trailer back alone. It was an exhausting trip and I would never do it again alone. I go back to work tomorrow which I am not looking forward to at all.

I have very few pics because I was IN the wedding and forgot my dang camera in any case! I was so annoyed I almost went and bought one! i will post some later when I`ve had time to organise them a bit.

Been trying to get caught up but may take a while! Hoping everyone is well!! xoxo

WendyI
August 5th, 2014, 09:16 PM
here are just a few pics I managed to get my sister to send to me:

This is me, Scott and our son Liam at the reception after a very long and very windy day. my hair is a mess!

My sister, the bride, my dad and her mother

And Liam holding the door at the church

the ceremony was all in french even tho the priest said he would do some in English, he forgot two people who were going to do some kind of religious readings. The only part I heard was the vows, which in the end was all that mattered anyway. I was still very annoyed with the priest.

This is a pic of my niece, my cousin, myself, my sister and the grooms sister who was the MOH.

me and my dad after having had pics taken for three hours, the entire bridal party and all the kids that were in the wedding also. She apparently did not want anyone to feel left out! Oye!

auntiemern
August 5th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Welcome back.

alliek
August 5th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Wendy: It looks like a wonderful wedding. Even though you are exhausted from the trip, you made some lovely memories with family.
Welcome back!

ilive2craft2
August 5th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like it was a wonderful wedding - you all look beautiful and happy!

Did she like the quilt??

Grandma G
August 5th, 2014, 09:40 PM
The photos are beautiful. Looks like it was a nice gathering. Glad you are home safe and sound. I feel for you going back to work tomorrow. I remember always having a sense of dread on my last day of vacation...work ahead...bummer. It will take you a few days to get back in the working groove but you have overcome a lot so I know you can do this, too.

Welcome back, Wendy!!

Terry L
August 5th, 2014, 10:11 PM
It looks like everyone was happy. The hard part is recovering ,welcome back :)

quiltingtrish
August 5th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Glad you are back Wendy, we missed you!

Love the dresses and must say I have never seen an entire wedding party - well, the girls I mean - all in white. It is so pretty. Definitely one of my favorites that I've seen.

We must go to work tomorrow - gotta earn that green stuff so we can buy our fabrics.

Hugs,

Hulamoon
August 5th, 2014, 10:30 PM
83752 ........

Ginny B
August 5th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Welcome back. Looks like a beautiful wedding.

I know it will be hard to go back to work. I wish you an easy day.

stationarymom
August 6th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Welcome back. It looks like you were at a great party.I have a picture in my wedding album where everyone looks like they're really hanging.I thought it was great because you can tell people enjoyed themselves.

rebeccas-sewing
August 6th, 2014, 04:15 AM
I love the pictures, Wendy. Thanks for posting them. What was weird about the reception? Curious minds would like to know. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

Iris Girl
August 6th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Welcome back. Looks like everyone had a nice time. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Wwena
August 6th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Yeah what was weird about it? *curious* :D

I agree the "all in white" idea really works - you all look brilliant!! Welcome back. I start work on monday and I'm actually starting to miss my co-workers, which is a good sign. That is not to say I would mind a couple of weeks more off... ;)

Learner quilter
August 6th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Welcome back, we've missed you. Nice pics.

Terri
August 6th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Welcome back! Hope you recover quickly from your exhausting, but wonderful trip. Beautiful pics of the wedding. And yes, please tell us about the weird reception. :D

Carol336
August 6th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Welcome back Wendy....I've been thinking of you and wondering how everything went. Judging from the pics, it was a lovely wedding. And you're dress is really stunning.....you look great!!! I especially like the pics of you, Scott and Liam and the one with you and your Dad.

Grandma Nan
August 6th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Welcome back Wendy. The wedding looks like it all went well -the main objective was accomplished-and the pictures are lovely. Did your sister like the quilt?

Monique
August 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Welcome back Wendy. I was thinking of you just yesterday. Everyone looked beautiful. How did she like the quilt and the pillows? Glad you are back. Get some rest this week if you can.

MRoy
August 6th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Welcome home Wendy! I hope it was a good trip for you. Your pics are great.

SallyO'Sews
August 6th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Glad you're home safely. Thanks for sharing the photos - you look fabulous! Love the dress; I'm sure everyone loved your clutch!
Hugs to you!
~ Sally

GuitarGramma
August 6th, 2014, 01:10 PM
You look stunning in your bridesmaid dress. I know getting ready for this event was really stressful, but you are radiant in your pictures. I hope that means you had a good time.

Welcome back!

WendyI
August 6th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks all! It's nice to be back and I am looking forward to getting back to sewing. I did use my machine to make my sisters garter which I despised but she loved so whatever! lol!

Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like it was a wonderful wedding - you all look beautiful and happy!

Did she like the quilt??

She absolutely loved it so much that she cried when she opened it. It was very moving and I was pleased that she liked it so much.

Glad you are back Wendy, we missed you!

Love the dresses and must say I have never seen an entire wedding party - well, the girls I mean - all in white. It is so pretty. Definitely one of my favorites that I've seen.

We must go to work tomorrow - gotta earn that green stuff so we can buy our fabrics.

Hugs,

The pics are not very good and do show the dresses as being white but they were actually very light pink...petal pink it was called. The photographer took over 6 thousand pics so it will be a while but I will post pics when I finally get some!

I love the pictures, Wendy. Thanks for posting them. What was weird about the reception? Curious minds would like to know. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

Well I don't know if this is unique to french weddings (my BIL is french) or just to this family....but the first dance was a pay to dance with the bride and groom which I thought was strange and somehow tacky. Normally it's the bride and groom no? The food was terrible and I wanted to kill the DJ. The first three songs he played were breakup songs! Then he did 3 HOURS of his own personal karaoke and it was horrifying! He really loved to listen to himself sing old 80's songs. I thought my ears were going to bleed. He apparently "lost" her play list...oldest DJ trick in the book the jerk. There were long spans without ANY music at all...it was terrible. The food was terrible...don't know what they paid for it but if I saw veggie trays from the grocery store at my wedding I'd lose my mind! So it was a little bit of a cross between redneck and Cinderella! He is a pretty classy guy so I was a little surprised at some of these things. One of his aunts showed up in spandex capris and a muscle shirt! Really? Call me a snob but when I'm wearing a $300 dress I expect y'all to make SOME effort! Geepers! BUT my sister was happy and didn't notice much of this stuff so that's all that matters. She was disappointed that she only got to wear her dress for one day so I told her the next time I'm down she can put it on and we'll pretend it's her day all over again. lol.

Glad you're home safely. Thanks for sharing the photos - you look fabulous! Love the dress; I'm sure everyone loved your clutch!
Hugs to you!
~ Sally

My clutch was a hit with myself. LOL! The MOH and her mother liked it but that's about it....but then we're a lot older than the others. It did the trick for me and held exactly what I needed it to if you kwim.

Nidan_07
August 6th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Looks like you had a fantastic time, Wendy. Glad to have you back safe and sound.

Wwena
August 7th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Ok yeah those things sure are weird... Pay to dance? Lol.

Doloris
August 7th, 2014, 01:37 PM
in the US there is usually a dance where all the men line up and pay to dance with the bride, and the women do the same for the groom It's just a way to add a few dollars to the bride and groom. It is NEVER the first dance. That is the Bride and Groom followed by adding the parents about half way through. Then there is a Bride/father and a groom/mother dance too. The dollar dance is usually way down the list of dances.

K. McEuen
August 7th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Well I don't know if this is unique to french weddings (my BIL is french) or just to this family....but the first dance was a pay to dance with the bride and groom which I thought was strange and somehow tacky. Normally it's the bride and groom no?

The pay to dance thing is a tradition here, of sorts. The bride and groom dance together, then the bride with her father and the groom with his mom, then people will come up and dance with the bride or groom and normally slip them envelopes with some money. I think since the whole dowry thing is obsolete, that it's just a way to help the new couple out with expenses at the start of their new life together. A lot of people give them money instead of a wedding gift too, so this is a way to make sure they get it.

Lilly
August 7th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Dollar dance - what a blast to get to dance with the cute groom. All the old ladies line up including me. Glad you're home. When you rest up your perspective might change. Sounds like you are a really great sister. I'm sure she must have appreciated all your effort. And I love petal pink dresses and you look beautiful!

Wwena
August 8th, 2014, 05:02 AM
I know in some countries it's tradition to give money instead of gifts. I think it's nice, if that's what they need (but both a gift and money seems excessive to me, since it's often quite expensive to GO to a wedding as well). Often here people have lived together for a while before they get married, so I guess it's not that common for them to need money to "get started" (I've never heard of it happening here). Maybe it will change, we exchange so many traditions with each other these days when the world is so much smaller. :)

WendyI
August 8th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Dollar dance - what a blast to get to dance with the cute groom. All the old ladies line up including me. Glad you're home. When you rest up your perspective might change. Sounds like you are a really great sister. I'm sure she must have appreciated all your effort. And I love petal pink dresses and you look beautiful!

Awwww....thanks! I like to think I am...I love my sisters very much for sure!! Thanks for the lovely compliment!! You're too sweet!

MayinJerset
August 8th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Big trip and lots of anxiety beforehand but in the end you looked beautiful as well as the bride and that's what counts.
Nice to see photos of your family as well, looks as if everyone had a nice time.

Only time I saw the Dollar Dance was at my BFF's DD's wedding, I think both men and woman paid the dollar to dance with the bride.

Marty
August 8th, 2014, 06:24 PM
You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing.